Hardware design fault in all galaxy aces

Search This thread

admir101

Mar 11, 2012
This happened to me countless times while i was browsing with opera i thought its my fault .When i am viewing page in one momen ti scroll little bit and it goes literally at end of page so this is some hardware problem ?=

admir101

Mar 11, 2012
Well its not so big but its kinda annyoing sometimes + if we can get something out of Samsung Company pocket its good :D

happysunshine

Jan 4, 2010
Sony Xperia XA2
Moto G 5G
uploadfromtaptalk1332193600483.jpg

Scratching around 10 minutes with my left hand so nothing came near the right side of the screen.
wtf ...
[edit] you cannot fake it , except with image editor, cause the boxes on the right side get green if you touch there..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Last edited:

fishhf

Dec 12, 2008
I PMed Rafael.Baugis to test his shiny S5830"I", he tested that the bug is fixed.
Anyone else also have a S5830I to try this test?

opawix00

Jan 8, 2012
Cebu
I've experienced it countless times, in facebook, dolphin, and just about any app that involves scrolling... If I flash the stock rom, will I get my warranty back?

m7o

Feb 4, 2012
Gouda
It actually took some time before I got it again.
It doesn't really bother me next to the drawing thing.
I do have problems scrolling sometimes in dolphin, but it's more like a slow scroll than a jumpy scroll.
Anyway the screenshot:
i.imgur.com/2gsAS.jpg

amd-dude

Feb 25, 2012
Penal
Strange...may ace works perfectly, I have never had the problems described here...i'm running the L version though, if that makes a difference

dragonnn

Oct 16, 2011
Hmmm it's possible to replace the digitalizer from for example L to narmal Ace?

Wysłane z mojego GT-S5830 za pomocą Tapatalk

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Hmmm it's possible to replace the digitalizer from for example L to narmal Ace?

Wysłane z mojego GT-S5830 za pomocą Tapatalk

Better ask this question to samsung representatives. Flash stock ROM via ODIN and show this digitizer defect to service centre representatives and enjoy a new phone, maybe Ace plus or Ace 2

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

evilxdeadly

Sep 15, 2011
i think its not hardware issue

but maybe someone who have similar digitizer(without bugs) can attach to galaxy ace and check, is its hardware or its firmware bug

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
i think its not hardware issue

but maybe someone who have similar digitizer(without bugs) can attach to galaxy ace and check, is its hardware or its firmware bug

If it would have been a firmware bug, samsung would have fixed it long back. Since, no one noticed this hardware bug, samsung kept quite about it too. Why would a super successful cellphone manufacturer destroy its name in market by pointing out its own mistake? And fixing the digitizer in soo many ace's would cost them a lot too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started a thread about the digitizer problem in Janauary about things suddenly scrolls rapidly, especially when browsing webpages.

Then on the Jan 15th, I took it to warranty, but without being able to demonstrate the problem clearly, all they done was reflashing the firmware.

I've already tried to fix the bug in the driver, but it is damn hard to filter the "noisy" touches without side effects. (like ignoring movements that are too quick, then i can't type in swype quickly)

I should have known *#0*# earlier, as I'm now able to reproduce the problem right in front of them.
    On March 15, I took it to them again. Today, got my phone back with replaced touch screen. Then, tested it in front of their CS and reproduced the bug as shown in the attachment again.

I suggest anyone who owns an ace, please go into *#0*# to test your phone. Keep circling around the lower-left box for at least 10 minutes. Reply to this thread if you're able or not able to reproduce this. I may print this thread to Samsung on my next visit to them.
    I've also uploaded a video to youtube to show this. (it's around 1:51 for the bug to appear)

We need to get Samsung to fix this!!:mad:
    Yaa, we need to mail Samsung's CEO. If we dont get a response within a month, we can file complaints in consumer courts. Who knows, we all may get a brand new device as a replacement and that way samsung will never dare to repeat this mistake. Ace already sucks a lot, this is a great way to get rid of this crap without any loss.

I tried to find their emails on the web without success.
    It would be nice if we can list their emails here(as much as possible, especially mobile division managers in different regions), then I'll initiate an email to all of them, and CC it to all of us.

With the CC'd email, we can all reply it with our own situation, and everyone gets a copy. When it didn't work out, we can just simply forward the whole email thread to our local consumer council/courts.:D
    Yup I've got the same problem.
    Notice it a lot with Draw Something.
    *#0*# doesn't work for me, probably because I am rooted and have a custom rom. (ICSunday by Jusada).
    That probably means I lost my warranty :(
    Yes, I have this problem to. The first time occurred with less than 30 seconds of testing and the second around 1:20 min.
    Thanks for this advice it's looks that zImage Kernel 1.5( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1292200 )
    with CM7.2 democracy finall ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712654 ) fix this issue, at least my smartfone is not controlled by "ghost user"

Update:
    After longer testing it looks that problem is still there but it happens less often :/

Hmm...
    Then try firekernel 23/6 version on official cm OC version(non oc version has the problem, wierd) The OC version on official cm will solve all the problems(based on my comparison with zImage and firekernel)
    But there is a small battery drain issue in that kernel after reaching 20% otherwise it is great.