[APP] Gravity Screen Off > Turn Screen On/Off Automatically - Keep Screen On

Search This thread

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
First things first, all credit goes to plexnor for developing this brilliant app, here's the link to his thread:

GRAVITY SCREEN OFF

This app is amazing, and is especially useful for our aging phones. The power button failure is a well documented and increasingly common issue, so something like this not only saves the hardware but also allows you to customize the settings to whatever you're looking for.

Please go there and 'thank' plexnor for his work, and I'm pretty sure you'll love it. It's especially great for those who aren't using one of the 2 siyah variants built for us (AJK and STI) that have the swipe2wake feature; this app does away with the need to use the feature.

UPDATE: the permission READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY is needed so that the app can suspend itself during calls (per plexnor).

2Vod7r8UlAueTNkjmP6rY-IuMDr30jNL2Sb9HCv6Stu13QWxmqwRgtTLpXXP3MfGc7s
Le7hJSRuVx9MvcZistSKx8uV_ow1rPve86gK6vi8GX2A8mdrlnGZio2OgZldjhWvOkZk
4xfpy7xDbnVaecousHDkDpO_ET40hW1QTp-vMcxnHAtuLAb2Coo8A5nFfxk3aCfFDqlh

all credit for screens goes to plexnor, and a special thanks to kantjer for bringing plexnor's work to my attention.

Last edited:

sk8ordie0

Oct 15, 2011
Thanks dude! You are DA MAN! (yes again);)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369188019445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369188019445.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: SteveMurphy

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Your app is amazing! Congratulations!

But why do you need this permission? "READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY"

You've already asked this in the developer's thread. No need to re-post it here, my friend. Just wait for plexnor to explain the permission in his thread. Once he does, I'll add to this op.

Sent from the i777

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things first, all credit goes to plexnor for developing this brilliant app, here's the link to his thread:

GRAVITY SCREEN OFF

This app is amazing, and is especially useful for our aging phones. The power button failure is a well documented and increasingly common issue, so something like this not only saves the hardware but also allows you to customize the settings to whatever you're looking for.

Please go there and 'thank' plexnor for his work, and I'm pretty sure you'll love it. It's especially great for those who aren't using one of the 2 siyah variants built for us (AJK and STI) that have the swipe2wake feature; this app does away with the need to use the feature.

UPDATE: the permission READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY is needed so that the app can suspend itself during calls (per plexnor).

2Vod7r8UlAueTNkjmP6rY-IuMDr30jNL2Sb9HCv6Stu13QWxmqwRgtTLpXXP3MfGc7s
    Le7hJSRuVx9MvcZistSKx8uV_ow1rPve86gK6vi8GX2A8mdrlnGZio2OgZldjhWvOkZk
    4xfpy7xDbnVaecousHDkDpO_ET40hW1QTp-vMcxnHAtuLAb2Coo8A5nFfxk3aCfFDqlh

all credit for screens goes to plexnor, and a special thanks to kantjer for bringing plexnor's work to my attention.
    sweet app..works like a charm..thanks.....for you and original app dev too !!
    Thanks dude! You are DA MAN! (yes again);)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Amazing app thanks for sharing
    Strange Permission

Your app is amazing! Congratulations!

But why do you need this permission? "READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY"