[Q] G900F Network registration problem after flashing

Search This thread

uktel3315

Dec 8, 2011
Kathmandu
Hi I have international version of S5 G900F. I flashed the phone with UK BTU stock rom. Now the problem is I cannot connect to the Network.
I tried going to Settings->More Networks -> Network Operators -> Select automatically . It took 5-10 mins to search but cannot connect.
Sim is not locked as it was working before I flashed the stock rom. also I read somewhere in internet that once the phone is region unlocked, it is permanently unlocked to use any other country sim. I don't know the original region of my phone but I bought it in Uk from 3rd party dealer not from any carrier.
I can think of two thing at the moment. It should be either regional locked again, but it does not prompt any thing to activate or enter pin or anything like that. or it should be wrong modem.
Is there a way to find if the phone is region locked ?
and is there a way to find correct region of the phone ?

the label on the box was removed so I cannot find from the box as well.

Thanks in advance.

uktel3315

Dec 8, 2011
Kathmandu
I've attached some screenshots with my phone info.

first image shows NETWORK:UNBLOCKED and IMEI Certi: PASS
-> I think this means, the phone is not blocked by network, and IMEI certificate has passed so it's not stolen or lost claimed phone.

another screenshot is the Firmware and CSC code/country information,
-> this means, this phone is build to sell in UK, so UK sim should unlock the regional lock.
Also the phone was working fine before I installed stock rom which I dowloaded from sammobile.

in the sceenshot, one of the network is connected but it says emergency call only because it cannot register to the network.

It is not sim lock also, because when I put T-mobile sim it does not ask for pin to unlock also.

what is wrong here. any idea guys? xda supposed to be the biggest android forum and samsung s5 is one of the most popular phone at the moment, isn't there anyone who have similar problem and solved? or atleast give some reason this cannot be fixed at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-58-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-58-25.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 3,281
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-17-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-17-15.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 3,127
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-17-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-17-43.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 3,046

blesio

Nov 4, 2009
does the TMobile sim work? does it register with the network? If yes, then call the provider (of the other sim) and ask what's going on. Maybe you have a broken sim?

Reactions: uktel3315

uktel3315

Dec 8, 2011
Kathmandu
does the TMobile sim work? does it register with the network? If yes, then call the provider (of the other sim) and ask what's going on. Maybe you have a broken sim?

I've tried with Orange sim, and it still cannot register to the network. When I put the orange sim, it pop up a dialogbox asking to choose a network provider, there was two options, T-mobile and orange. So it is detecting the sim, but it cannot register.

And also, I tried my sim in another phone, and my sim works in another phone without any problem.

blesio

Nov 4, 2009
Did you try to flash the firmware again, and then after that restore factory defaults?

uktel3315

Dec 8, 2011
Kathmandu
Did you try to flash the firmware again, and then after that restore factory defaults?

Yes I did, still it didn't work. I emailed samsung customer service with the problem, and they asked me to restore factory defaults.
I did that again but didn't work.

I tried one custom ROM as well. same problem in that rom.

blesio

Nov 4, 2009
You're rooted? If yes then there might be problem with the modem part of the ROM, can you install the official one part ROM and try with that?

uktel3315

Dec 8, 2011
Kathmandu
You're rooted? If yes then there might be problem with the modem part of the ROM, can you install the official one part ROM and try with that?

I've installed stock rom several times, and several different versions( from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SM-G900F&pcode=0 ). Rooted several times, installed modem.bin files several times from many custom rom/ stock rom. None of them worked. I tried installing modem.bin when not rooted as well. And all the attempt failed.
I did everything I could possibly think of , Then I posted the question in the forum.

Last edited:

lwiss

Jul 31, 2010
You have the IMEI ??!? Or it is lost?? Then only per efs-backup…
Or sim is broken…

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F

XanoZuke

Sry XanoZuke, I could not do anything to fix this, so I returned the phone and got another handset. I now have Exynos Octa-core version. Found snapdragon version is more power efficient. My phone gets heated very quickly.

Don't worry, I found out that the motherboard was water damaged (the irony of life....), so a bought an LG G3.

Regarding the Exynos chip, I'm never buying anything exynos ever again. The performance is not as solid as Snapdragon and it gets heated really fast. Still, thanks for your reply! ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

1221ross1221

Apr 23, 2014
Adelaide
So sad case remain unsolved, Got almost the same issue, Flashed 1st and last official firmware and custom rom without success NO NETWORK SIGNAL. No IMEI - Null regitered 15 zeros no efs backup etc.

Model : SM-G900S
ROM: XtrStoLite

have you found a solution yet? i have the exact same problem and have tried the same solutions as you listed... :(

edreab86

Jan 14, 2010
Cabuyao
have you found a solution yet? i have the exact same problem and have tried the same solutions as you listed...

Sorry i end up selling the phone as is..

januso

Aug 1, 2015
I have the same problem.

Cannot connect to network after flashing new ROM. Since then I tried about 10 different original roms and couple custom roms. Number of different MODEMs and BOOTLOADERs but with no joy. SIM card works fine in different phone.

Also I tried to load different CERT files and QCN with Z3X Box but that didn't help either.

I've tried *#0011# command here are results:

with LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto-connect:

imgur.com/i69HCBM

with WCDMA only:
imgur.com/QPbvKHG

and GSM only:

imgur.com/8InhQWQ

It seems that GSM is not working at all.

At this stage I run out of ideas and probably gonna get rid of the phone as it is or use it as pimped-out ipod touch

(sorry for messed up links but I can't post to outside sites yet)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.