Stagefeight Concerns

Search This thread

crakeron

Jul 27, 2011
Paris
Hi everyone,

Is there anything we can do against the stagefright exploit on a stock moto G?

Using Google Messenger app for texting/MMS, not rooted, not blunlocked, full 5.1 Stock.

(Any solution OTHER than flashing CM12.1 would be appreciated ;) )

Edit: Has Motorola said anything about it?

Sent from my XT1039 using XDA Free mobile app

DocBrowns

Jul 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

Using Google Messenger app for texting/MMS, not rooted, not blunlocked, full 5.1 Stock.

Disable auto-retrieve option for mms messages if there is any in your SMS/MMS app, use firefox (latest build 38), don't download any media files like mp4, etc. and wait for a patch/update.

And to answer your second question, yes they did. For more info and concerns look here:
forums.motorola.com/posts/05618afc2d?commentId=970384#970384

And here:
forums.motorola.com/posts/ac362a677d

Last edited:
Reactions: crakeron

crakeron

Jul 27, 2011
Paris
OK say the official Motorola response is:

"All of our newly launched products (Moto X Style, Moto X Play, and Moto G 3rd Gen) will have the patch integrated in the software. We'll include it in the remaining planned Lollipop upgrades as soon as possible. We’re working with our partners to update phones that have already received the Lollipop upgrade.*We are still working through the feasibility to support older devices that are not getting Lollipop"

Am I correct in thinking we are in the 3rd group? The ones that have Lollipop? Therefore a true patch is coming?

DocBrowns

Jul 27, 2015
OK say the official Motorola response is:

"All of our newly launched products (Moto X Style, Moto X Play, and Moto G 3rd Gen) will have the patch integrated in the software. We'll include it in the remaining planned Lollipop upgrades as soon as possible. We’re working with our partners to update phones that have already received the Lollipop upgrade.*We are still working through the feasibility to support older devices that are not getting Lollipop"

Am I correct in thinking we are in the 3rd group? The ones that have Lollipop? Therefore a true patch is coming?

Yes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Disable auto-retrieve option for mms messages if there is any in your SMS/MMS app, use firefox (latest build 38), don't download any media files like mp4, etc. and wait for a patch/update.

And to answer your second question, yes they did. For more info and concerns look here:
    forums.motorola.com/posts/05618afc2d?commentId=970384#970384

And here:
    forums.motorola.com/posts/ac362a677d