[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oxlong27

Feb 16, 2011
Beaver Springs Pa
How did you go abouts flashing this? I downloaded an i9000 jvb custom rom and was gonna attempt as well. Did you just do it through CWM?

yes just flash it like any other zip then after it reboots odin flash this kernel but make sure u already installed the stock rom with the new bootloaders before flashing a custom rom i wouldnt recomend insanity though its real bare bones it dont even come with a launcher

Radukk

Jul 25, 2010
Volume down + Power = Download (do not need USB+battery trick anymore)

Volume up + Power = Recovery

nuwayman

Aug 21, 2006
portland, OR
How did you go abouts flashing this? I downloaded an i9000 jvb custom rom and was gonna attempt as well. Did you just do it through CWM?

yes just flash it like any other zip then after it reboots odin flash this kernel but make sure u already installed the stock rom with the new bootloaders before flashing a custom rom i wouldnt recomend insanity though its real bare bones it dont even come with a launcher

thanks for the info.

elfie

Nov 30, 2010
Minneapolis
Just flashed the base JVB with bootloaders, everything went smoothly.

Thanks a lot XCal

Edit: Any suggestions for ROM, I am downloading Juwe_Smart_Edition right now.
Edit 2: Installed Juwe_Smart_Edition, works great.

Last edited:

nuwayman

Aug 21, 2006
portland, OR
This is so freaking awesome. Running a custom rom from the i9000 forum. Thank you so much xcal.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

snorkle

Dec 6, 2008

what do you mean stock rom with the new bootloaders? im confused =/

momulah

May 4, 2009
Op-Town
Cant wait for voodoo fixes. Using Juwes SmartEdition and loving it. Thanks again Kernel donation on the way goodwork.

XDA presents....Captivate S4G

maerlim

Aug 9, 2010
Sorry if this is a noob question... does it matter on the stock rom from samfirmware which CSC code I get?

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
A little different we cannot use EXT4 feature of this ROM but its still SUPER fast.

Here is the link to the rom:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=964672.

If your already on Stock JVB. Flash This.

Let it boot up normally. (Here is where its a little tricky).

Do not use any of the special kernel features you will see in your App Drawer (i.e. the EXT4 App)

Then reboot into Download, Flash X'Cals kernel on top and it should work. It didnt work for me the first time, then I tried again and it worked.

But with or without the EXT4 this thing is SUPER fast and has a lot of cool features but is oriented for the Captivate. Just wait till X'Cal implements Voodoo Lagfix and all our special features it will be great.

Did you use the wipe or no-wipe version?

momulah

May 4, 2009
Op-Town
I used Juwes wipe version! Dont think it matters much Make sure to use 512 pit. I used odin 1.7.
Donation to Xcal for this achievement. CN# 9UD43311GS995534G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts