[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
The banks gapps camera zip seems to work on any device. Works fine on my One S. I get the impression that this camera zip is limited to certain models to try and stay off Google's radar.

VeryCrushed

Nov 1, 2013
The code has to be modified by specific device code name to work unfortunately as of right now.

Sent from my Android 4.4 Galaxy Nexus

OK, thanks for the info. Wanted to see so I know what I was going to do with Android ROM Vanillafier. I guess I will just skip on photosphere cameras for now.

Sent from my I9505G using Tapatalk

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
OK, thanks for the info. Wanted to see so I know what I was going to do with Android ROM Vanillafier. I guess I will just skip on photosphere cameras for now.

I can try modding the script for you next time I get to my PC if you want. I'm just not anywhere by it this evening.

VeryCrushed

Nov 1, 2013
I can try modding the script for you next time I get to my PC if you want. I'm just not anywhere by it this evening.

That would be wonderful, I can't do it on my own until at least Friday. My laptops out of commission with a broken screen until then.

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
That would be wonderful, I can't do it on my own until at least Friday. My laptops out of commission with a broken screen until then.

Post your devices codename here. I.E. mako is nexus4, toro is verizon galaxy nexus, hammerhead is nexus 5 etc etc.

Last edited:

elektroda

Sep 28, 2013
Guys please I need suggestion or help of any kind if possible. I'm using cm11 kk4.4 along with this great gapps pacakage on my i9000 and it's running great though. However I'm wondering is there any way to manually nemove google search bar/widget from desktop other that using aftermarket launcher?

Thanks in advance.:)

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Guys please I need suggestion or help of any kind if possible. I'm using cm11 kk4.4 along with this great gapps pacakage on my i9000 and it's running great though. However I'm wondering is there any way to manually nemove google search bar/widget from desktop other that using aftermarket launcher?

Thanks in advance.:)

Only way is to use 3rd party launcher or freeze/disable google search, which I'm guessing you don't want to do...so 3rd party launcher is your only option.

paychex

Aug 10, 2013
Baltimore
I was only saying Google play edition devices, cause there the closest to nexus devices and was surprised there camera binary's weren't included with it anyways.

Also the play editions do not use the aosp framework. They still use the manufacturer's proprietary framework... From what I understand

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

VeryCrushed

Nov 1, 2013
Also the play editions do not use the aosp framework. They still use the manufacturer's proprietary framework... From what I understand

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I thought Google does the camera stuff on GPE devices, and Samsung does the kernel and a few drivers. I could be wrong on that, but I guess whatever. I managed to rip the camera and library's from the GPE 4.4 update and use them on CM11 and Carbon 4.4 during my short time on a computer today.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
OnePlus 7T
Before I start, I have used the search button and haven't been able to find the info I need.
I'm using OmniROM 4.4 on my Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, everything is running fine and lovely, but only thing I am missing is photosphere. I had it working when I was using 4.1.2 but that was an older version of the camera.
Can someone please tell me what files I need to put where to get it working again, I read someone saying about editing something in the photosphere add-on zip but I have no idea how to do that, but I do know how to manually move files to the right places (unless someone has already made a flashable zip that is)
Thanx in advance, I hate sounding like a n00b but I just can't work this one out myself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 running OmniROM 4.4 and Boeffla Kernel using XDA Premium

Last edited:

AA1973

You'll need a Nexus phone ...
[*]Full-Complete GApps will also includes the Photosphere Camera/Gallery for all supported Nexus Android 4.4 devices with a rear camera Since the cameras are different for each device, that means our GApps has to include four separate cameras. Only the correct camera for your device is installed, however.
Otherwise search for "photosphere working on all devices" or similar topics. Then, it is a hacked version, but not part of this Gapps package.

GALAXY NOTE N7000 // KITKAT // KRT16S

Last edited:

MonstaDriva

Aug 13, 2013
Google Earth

Hi , I'm running the full modular package , the middle one , 11-26 build , Dalvik runtime on kk4 cm11 on an epic 4g touch . Everything works fine so far except google earth stops before I even get it started . I've tried multiple rom and gapps flashes and it stays the same . If I flash the mini package and get earth from the play store it works fine .I've formatted system , the whole 9 yards . It shows 1.02 megs under apps , error message " Unfortunately Google Earth has stopped . Any ideas ?

Last edited:

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
I installed this with cm 10.2 stable
is it normal that this overwrites stock calendar?

WnovoLYk-MP5rw--dv5yuZSIWQhGUkPICP8MK2J6aLQSvMiNSU2pspV2PlVtjYaq-w5Z=w300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts