FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Do you like FusionRom ?

Yes
 
226 Vote(s)
91.50%
No
 
21 Vote(s)
8.50%

[ROM][4.0.4][ICS][TW XXLRK] FusionRom V3.0 [30th July2012]Online Now!!

222 posts
Thanks Meter: 288
 
By cerebralassassin, Senior Member on 11th July 2012, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2012, 11:02 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoes20

I've owned and flashed a few Androids most recently gnex. But I'm a bit confused with what's happening here with the Note. Can I flash CWM this ROM coming from rooted (obviously) stock ROM. Would that qualify as a safe Kernel?

Flash abyss 4.2 red pill from recovery. Then go to advance/reboot recovery. You should have a red coloured recovery now. Perform wipes from there and install zip rom. It's the safest way as some ICS kernels have a parameter activated which can fry the memory chip. Gingerbread kernels are known to be safe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to notegalaxy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift notegalaxy Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 11:20 PM |#22  
cerebralassassin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 288
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoes20

I've owned and flashed a few Androids most recently gnex. But I'm a bit confused with what's happening here with the Note. Can I flash CWM this ROM coming from rooted (obviously) stock ROM. Would that qualify as a safe Kernel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notegalaxy

Flash abyss 4.2 red pill from recovery. Then go to advance/reboot recovery. You should have a red coloured recovery now. Perform wipes from there and install zip rom. It's the safest way as some ICS kernels have a parameter activated which can fry the memory chip. Gingerbread kernels are known to be safe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

+1
83% done
The Following User Says Thank You to cerebralassassin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cerebralassassin Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 11:32 PM |#23  
dominoes20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notegalaxy

Flash abyss 4.2 red pill from recovery. Then go to advance/reboot recovery. You should have a red coloured recovery now. Perform wipes from there and install zip rom. It's the safest way as some ICS kernels have a parameter activated which can fry the memory chip. Gingerbread kernels are known to be safe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebralassassin

+1
83% done

Is it then safe to do a Nandroid backup in recovery?
11th July 2012, 11:34 PM |#24  
cerebralassassin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 288
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoes20

Is it then safe to do a Nandroid backup in recovery?

you can do what you want in recovery after flashing abyss kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to cerebralassassin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cerebralassassin Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 11:47 PM |#26  
dominoes20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
k I promise last question... It won't let me copy files into my USB Storage... Do I have to put abyss there? or am I missing something

***No worries works from Root Explorer
11th July 2012, 11:51 PM |#27  
cerebralassassin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 288
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoes20

k I promise last question... It won't let me copy files into my USB Storage... Do I have to put abyss there? or am I missing something

***No worries works from Root Explorer

You can ask what you want..just make sure you search first and read the OP.
11th July 2012, 11:52 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 705
 
More
Does the title say July 13th ????? I am still on July 11th.. Dint know I was almost 48hrs behind some part of the world ....

Good to see a new rom... Keep going...
11th July 2012, 11:55 PM |#30  
cerebralassassin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 288
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti

Does the title say July 13th ????? I am still on July 11th.. Dint know I was almost 48hrs behind some part of the world ....

Good to see a new rom... Keep going...

12th july Edited
was a confusion
12th July 2012, 12:02 AM |#31  
dominoes20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebralassassin

You can ask what you want..just make sure you search first and read the OP.

I'm following the instructions from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=abyss but when I flash Abyss it keeps saying that it doesn't recognize the signature (or it's somehow invalid) Have u seen that before?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, fusion rom, fusionrom, galaxy note

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes