[Mbuynow] Samsung Galaxy S4 6400mAh Battery - Review.

Search This thread

WhaleTrain

Sep 4, 2013
Manchester
So i've recently been after a bigger battery for my phone and decided to give the "Mbuynow 6400mAh S4 Battery" a go. The battery cost me £6.25 with free 1st class Royal Mail postage straight from the store itself. I will include a link below if you're interested in buying this.

20140412_210308.jpg

The battery is approx. the size of two standard S4 batteries and weighs around the same. The battery has a nice, matte finish and feels quite sturdy too.

20140412_210516.jpg

Upon inserting the battery into my S4 I noticed I had around 60% in there already and I instantly put it on charge. I left it to 100% and gave around 3 - 4 hours extra to charge to full capacity. Upon removing the battery seemed to drain quite rapid. Looking at my stats didn't show anything out of the ordinary and thus went along with it. Did a complete drain and charged back up, again battery rapidly drained. After reading the packaging that 5 or more cycles would be needed I carried on using the phone, charging once dead. I'm probably on my 3rd cycle now and did a factory reset to eliminate battery draining apps.

Enough of that, you're probably thinking "WHERE ARE THE STATS". Well I've managed to get my most upto date reading, and my best, which is 20hrs and still with 74% in there. I suppose I just need to give it time or the fact it's a defective battery. I've e-mailed them and they have agreed to send me a replacement so hopefully this will be better. I will give an update on what is to come. This is with partial use, not much. I left it on over night with the sound on mute and screen brightness on full and hardly used throughout the day.

Screenshot_2014-04-12-21-14-12.png

Conclusion

This is something I can't really conclude until testing the replacement battery. Battery seems good but I don't think you're getting as advertised and it's more likely going to be a 4500/5000mAh battery. I mean for £6.25 I suppose what can you expect. Personally, I don't think it's been worth it for the £6 but in my point of view I could have received a defective unit. But for £6, it's a nice spare battery you can take along for rides and might give you a bit more juice compared to the standard 2600mAh. Providing the replacement is better then I maybe able to say it's worth it but £6 for a battery isn't bad at all. Personally, spend your money elsewhere and go for a proper ZeroLemon, Anker or Hyperion battery.

Link to buy: http://www.mbuynow.com/cell-phone-b...00-with-dark-blue-back-shell-cover-p-849.html

Last edited: