[Update-8/2/2012] Stock Samsung Keyboard

Search This thread

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Here's stock samsung keyboard. You can install it on any ROM (deodexed or odexed)

UDPATE - 8/2/2012- New *working* flashable zips added. Old ones have been removed. No need to add the files manually, just flash the zip :)

SPECIAL thanks to mor_1228 for the flashable zips. I created my flashable zips using his flashable zip as a base :)

PS - The keyboard seems to be having incompatibility issues on *some* CM7 ROMs. It does install but force closes when you try to open it. I will look into this issue once my exams get over.

Instructions -
1) If you are using a deodexed ROM, download
flashable-deodexed.zip from attachments.

If you are using an odexed ROM, download
flashable-odexed.zip from attachments.

SouthEastAsian users - download AxT9IME_MDPI_SEA.zip (thanks to ketut
for this)

2) Place the file in your SD card.

3) Boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery

4) Select 'install zip from sd card'

5) Navigate to the file and select it. Let it install

6) Reboot

Follow this method if the flashable zips are not working for you -

How to install:

1) Download the attached zip file (Keyboard_Deodexed.zip for Deodexed ROM's and Keyboard_Odexed.zip for Odexed ROM's) and extract it (Its not a flashable zip)

2) Using root explorer or same kind of tool, place these files and set the permissions -

If the flashable zip files dont work, then try this method

DEODEXED ROM's~

Touchwiz.xml put in /system/etc/permissions and set permission to rw-r--r-- (I have attached a screenshot, see it if you dont understand the permission stuff)

libdhwr.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw-r--r--

libXt9_core.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw-r--r--

T9db folder(with all files inside, copy this whole folder)
put in /system and set permission to rwxr-xr-x

AxT9IME.apk put in /system /app and set permission to rw-r--r--

ODEXED ROM's ~

Everything is same as above. You just need to add this - AxT9IME.odex put in /system/app and set permission to rw-r--r--

If you dont understand permissions take a look at screenshots.

rw-r--r--
704f2418-0370-abd9.jpg

rwxr-xr-x
704f2418-03ae-b1f8.jpg

Reboot and enjoy ;) :D

** Finally I got some time to test this during preparatory leave for the next exam. Ahan, here's a workaround for adding words to dictionary - Open any app where you can type something using the keyboard, go to settings, Activate XT9, now get back to the place where you want to type, type a word which you want to save to your dictionary. It will automatically get saved to dictionary. Next time you type the same word, it'll automatically appear in the black suggestion menu above the keyboard. Cheers :D

Attachments

• Keyboard_Deodexed.zip
    4 MB · Views: 9,882
  • Keyboard_Odexed.zip
    4 MB · Views: 5,887
  • AxT9IME_MDPI_SEA.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 5,164
  • Flashable-Deodexed.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 9,251
  • Flashable-Odexed.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 5,739
Last edited:

Fizztone

Oct 4, 2011
Thnx ....itz working on ics final by jusada..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

IvanDV

Mar 7, 2011
Biograd n/m
Its not warez cuz its not a paid app and many developers are providing this keyboard with their custom rom's, so i don't think it's illegal or something.

This is the stock samsung keyboard. You can install it on any ROM. (root required)

How to install:
1) Download the attached zip file (keyboard.zip) and extract it
2) Using root explorer or same kind of tool, place these files and set the permissions -

Touchwiz.xml put in /system/etc/permissions and set permission to rw–r –r

libdhwr.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw–r– r

libXt9_core.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw–r– r

AxT9IME.apk put in /system /app and set permission to rw–r –r

T9db folder(with all files inside, do not copy the files, copy this whole folder)

Please press the thanks button if you liked it :)

Hello,

I did all that but still won't work, only numbers. help...

IvanDV

Mar 7, 2011
Biograd n/m
I tried again and doesn't work properly. qwerty mode works fine, but 3x4 keyboard doesn't. when i hit letter only numbers are being written.

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Umm, press the third button in the 4th column, which has the nos. '123' written on it. Try pressing some number buttons and then repress the no. button to come back to alphabet mode. I hope this helps.
I am actually not able to understand why the problem is occuring. It should work fine on any rom and any phone because it does not require touchwiz framework.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Gabryxx7

Sep 28, 2011
Cagliari - Sardinia!;)
I had that problem on another samsung keyboard.. I could not type letters only numbers... Than I noticed that permissions for the T9DB were not rwxr-xr-x as they should be but they were rw–r– r! So check permissions and reboot... For me it worked!;)

Anyway with every samsung keypad that I tried I always had a fc trying to add a new word to dictionary with 3x4 keyboard!:( I hope this keyboard won't have that issue!;)

sergini

Nov 20, 2011
Porto
I'm tired of trying Stock keyboards. Can you please tell me if in this one you can add new words to T9? I always get inputmethod.xt9 error, but now I have one that when I add I don't have the error, but the word isn't saved to the dictionary.

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
I'm tired of trying Stock keyboards. Can you please tell me if in this one you can add new words to T9? I always get inputmethod.xt9 error, but now I have one that when I add I don't have the error, but the word isn't saved to the dictionary.

Install the keyboard by following this guide. Open keyboard -> Press settings key -> Activate XT9 by checking the third option -> Tap on XT9 advanced settings -> Tap on XT9 my words -> And add the desired words :)

Gabryxx7

Sep 28, 2011
Cagliari - Sardinia!;)
Ok, followed instructions and repeated everything 3 times... at reboot keyboard seems to not be installed... Copied everything in right folders, and setted permissions... Then I reboot and no samsung keyboard appear... where do I wrong? I'm on ICS final by jusada, if I'm not wronging it should be odexed...

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Ok, followed instructions and repeated everything 3 times... at reboot keyboard seems to not be installed... Copied everything in right folders, and setted permissions... Then I reboot and no samsung keyboard appear... where do I wrong? I'm on ICS final by jusada, if I'm not wronging it should be odexed...

Install De-odexed version. ICSunday is deodexed, I guess. Anyway, you can still try it. It wont harm your phone in anyway :)

Gabryxx7

Sep 28, 2011
Cagliari - Sardinia!;)
Ics rom's thread has been deleted so I could not check if ics is deodexed or not! Anyway I'll try other version too!;)

Edit : it works but it fc when trying to add a new word!:(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's stock samsung keyboard. You can install it on any ROM (deodexed or odexed)

UDPATE - 8/2/2012- New *working* flashable zips added. Old ones have been removed. No need to add the files manually, just flash the zip :)

SPECIAL thanks to mor_1228 for the flashable zips. I created my flashable zips using his flashable zip as a base :)

PS - The keyboard seems to be having incompatibility issues on *some* CM7 ROMs. It does install but force closes when you try to open it. I will look into this issue once my exams get over.

Instructions -
    1) If you are using a deodexed ROM, download
    flashable-deodexed.zip from attachments.

If you are using an odexed ROM, download
    flashable-odexed.zip from attachments.

SouthEastAsian users - download AxT9IME_MDPI_SEA.zip (thanks to ketut
    for this)

2) Place the file in your SD card.

3) Boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery

4) Select 'install zip from sd card'

5) Navigate to the file and select it. Let it install

6) Reboot

Follow this method if the flashable zips are not working for you -

How to install:

1) Download the attached zip file (Keyboard_Deodexed.zip for Deodexed ROM's and Keyboard_Odexed.zip for Odexed ROM's) and extract it (Its not a flashable zip)

If the flashable zip files dont work, then try this method

DEODEXED ROM's~

Touchwiz.xml put in /system/etc/permissions and set permission to rw-r--r-- (I have attached a screenshot, see it if you dont understand the permission stuff)

libdhwr.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw-r--r--

libXt9_core.so put in /system/lib and set permission to rw-r--r--

T9db folder(with all files inside, copy this whole folder)

AxT9IME.apk put in /system /app and set permission to rw-r--r--

ODEXED ROM's ~

Everything is same as above. You just need to add this - AxT9IME.odex put in /system/app and set permission to rw-r--r--

If you dont understand permissions take a look at screenshots.

rw-r--r--
    704f2418-0370-abd9.jpg

rwxr-xr-x
    704f2418-03ae-b1f8.jpg

** Finally I got some time to test this during preparatory leave for the next exam. Ahan, here's a workaround for adding words to dictionary - Open any app where you can type something using the keyboard, go to settings, Activate XT9, now get back to the place where you want to type, type a word which you want to save to your dictionary. It will automatically get saved to dictionary. Next time you type the same word, it'll automatically appear in the black suggestion menu above the keyboard. Cheers :D
    That's really wierd cuz its working fine on my ace. Are you sure your rom is deodexed?[/QUOTE

I am running on sgs-i9000 CM7.1.0 stable version. Is it deodexed? Previously i cannot run yhe odexed version of your samsung keyboard. :confused:

Go to system/app and see whether some apk's have a shadow file with .odex extension. for eg - You might see music.apk and music.odex , just an example, there could be other files too. And I haven't had much time to test the keyboard, so I dont know which version actually works properly :)
    The apk working on my Galaxy Ace, darker than the original. The attached zip using deodexed apk from Galaxy W DXLA2 (HDPI) + ARMv6 library from Galaxy Ace DXKT5 (South East Asian languages support), flash it from CWM recovery. The update-binary taken from Grif's CyanogenMod.

Ok sir, I am trying to figure out the problem. I will fix it as soon as possible :)

It should work perfectly on that rom. Please try again. Read the instructions properly and set the permissions accordingly.
    If you still face problems then tell me :)