[XAP] [12.11.2012] WMDC Launcher [Full unlock/Root Tools unlock]

Search This thread

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
WMDC Launcher
Native Debugger continuation

Do you miss fast & stable WP7 File Managers and Registry Editors for PC? If you do, there is a new approach for you - Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.

What is it?
Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync are legacy applications made by Microsoft. They provide an access to file system, registry, ... let's say, they provide full remote access to connected phone's features.

What's this launcher for?
Main purpose of this application is to enable Remote API support on device. PC will detect phone as WM and WP7 device simultaneously. Zune will still work.

Capabilities:
  • File managers. Almost every file manager that has WM support will work on WP7. Nice examples: Windows Explorer, Resco SendTo plugin (part of Resco File Explorer installation), CE Remote Tools File Manager, Altap Salamander, etc.
  • Registry Editors: CE Remote Tools Registry Editor, CeRegEdit, Registry Workshop.
  • Most of CE Remote Tools work.
  • Native debugging.
  • Many more apps support...

What's missed:
There is no contacts/file/calendar/etc synchronization. PC may still offer it but it won't work.

As for debugging:
IDA debugger also should work after a bit of editing magic.

Custom ROM usage:
Usage is limited. You should ask me (ultrashot) for permission.

Neither Microsoft nor author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by application usage. Application is distributed AS IS without any warranties. Launcher cannot be sold.

FULLY UNLOCKED AND WP7 ROOT TOOLS >=0.12 ALPHA
-No, not interop unlocked!
-No, not developer unlocked!
-No, not WP7 Root Tools-unlocked! FIXED, use WP7 Root Tools >=0.12 ALPHA

Attachments

• WmdcLauncher.xap
    699.6 KB · Views: 17,384
  • WmdcLauncher_AllUnlocks.xap
    793.4 KB · Views: 13,299
Last edited:

pdaimatejam

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sinop/Boyabat
www.ctrlpda.com
thank you very much
great work

335f8.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ibnoor

Useless guy

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Doesn't work on Deepshining 7.2, stupid ROM. I dream of a pure ROM with full unlock, not this customized crap.
Anyway thank you alot, this is amazing!!!

Reactions: xboxmod

pronor

May 27, 2007
Hechingen
This seems like a milestone for the WP7, I guess I won´t dualboot anymore and use my full 32gb card for WP7, since it´s so easy no to access the filesystem without using zune sofware for mp3 and vids. Excellent work :)
I am no coder, so, I hope it´s not a dumb question - is there any chance of getting it to sync calender and contacts one day??

greetz, pronor

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Last edited:

pronor

May 27, 2007
Hechingen
Would be problematic I suppose (without zune) :) Zune should be started... RAPI allows only access to file system and registry. REPL (contacts and calendar) is not implemented in this release. But I hope ultrashot will take care about them in future :)

I know, as I am using it right now, thats why I wrote "without using zune software for mp3 and vids"

Last edited:

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Thankx a lot man :)

But, when i connect my Omnia 7 mi7ROM Fully-Unlocked to my PC (usb) and start App in my PC and the device... my device is not recognized ! :s

Nevertheless , all string in your app are OK !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDC Launcher
    Native Debugger continuation

Do you miss fast & stable WP7 File Managers and Registry Editors for PC? If you do, there is a new approach for you - Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.

What is it?
    Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync are legacy applications made by Microsoft. They provide an access to file system, registry, ... let's say, they provide full remote access to connected phone's features.

What's this launcher for?
    Main purpose of this application is to enable Remote API support on device. PC will detect phone as WM and WP7 device simultaneously. Zune will still work.

Capabilities:
    • File managers. Almost every file manager that has WM support will work on WP7. Nice examples: Windows Explorer, Resco SendTo plugin (part of Resco File Explorer installation), CE Remote Tools File Manager, Altap Salamander, etc.
    • Registry Editors: CE Remote Tools Registry Editor, CeRegEdit, Registry Workshop.
    • Most of CE Remote Tools work.
    • Native debugging.
    • Many more apps support...

What's missed:
    There is no contacts/file/calendar/etc synchronization. PC may still offer it but it won't work.

As for debugging:
    IDA debugger also should work after a bit of editing magic.

Custom ROM usage:
    Usage is limited. You should ask me (ultrashot) for permission.

Neither Microsoft nor author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by application usage. Application is distributed AS IS without any warranties. Launcher cannot be sold.

FULLY UNLOCKED AND WP7 ROOT TOOLS >=0.12 ALPHA
    -No, not interop unlocked!
    -No, not developer unlocked!
    -No, not WP7 Root Tools-unlocked! FIXED, use WP7 Root Tools >=0.12 ALPHA
    Added a special version compatible with next WP7 Root Tools release. Works with full unlock as well.
    It isn't the version that supposed to have newer ConmanClient binaries.
    really great work..
    i have install the xap and all works.
    so far so good, but where i can find the registry.
    the fileexplorer is showing to me, but no link to registry.

maybe i must install anything else or have to change some settings for registry edit?
    i don't know.. please help me.. i use hd7 with nextgen+ 2.6..

thanks
    Install CeRegEdit or Registry Workshop and enjoy.
    So Magrip, on May 15 you posted:
    On May 21 you posted:
    Either try to be more specific, or stop ****ting in the topic.

Does this mean a WP7 device shows up as sync-able in Windows Media Player, after it's connected via WMDC? Thanks.
    Answer:
    msdn at ms site said:
    The Remote API (RAPI) library enables applications that run on a desktop to perform actions on a remote Windows Phone device. The functionality that RAPI provides includes the ability to manipulate the file system on the remote device, including the creation and deletion of files and directories. RAPI functions can be used to create and modify databases, either in the device's object store or in mounted database volumes. RAPI applications can also query and modify registry keys as well as launch applications and invoke methods on the remote device. Although most RAPI functions are duplicates of functions in the Windows Embedded CE API, a few new functions extend the API. Use these functions to initialize the RAPI subsystem and enhance performance of the communication link by compressing iterative operations into one RAPI call.
    Nothing about synchronization, I suppose, no?
    Current program allows full access to file system and registry of WP device from PC. No sync is implemented - neither to Outlook (contacts), nor to other things...