[Q] at&t NOTE 3 4.4.2 (nc2) root?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dxp2_sw

Apr 8, 2014
This "no root" situation is very frustrating and makes the Note 3 useless to me. Just wanted to enter it into the "Smash the Past" contest to possibly win the new OnePlus One phone instead (http://oneplus.net/smash). Would so gladly shoot it through with an arrow from my hunting bow. No, I'm not a hunter, just enjoy target practice from time to time, and shooting this one would improve my aim accuracy for sure! Unfortunately will be out of country in the critical period. Darn! Anyone else would gladly smash the AT&T Note 3, if given a chance of getting another similar phone? :)

Greg

I too find the Note 3 N900A useless without root. I would gladly drop some cash into developers pocket for them to invest time into developing a way for us to obtain root.

I need to lay of the DB/web development and get into android development, this situation sucks.

_Burst_

May 20, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Sadly, I would not hold my breath.
Most devs have left AT&T and we all know how most of 'em feel toward Samsung... I fully believe that the Note 3 will not see root access again.

I sure hope someone proves me wrong though.

T_T

wilkerjnc

Nov 29, 2010
Back One Level

This is XDA, you will be proved wrong! Someone will provide a root method! I just know it. There is enough $$$ in the bounty for someone to take a stab at it. We just have to be patient! It sucks, I know!

This may have already been discussed in a previous thread in another forum, if so please excuse; but is there a way to go backwards back to a 4.3 base that was quite rootable? I too have been ensnared in the AT&T NC2 trap. Thanks so much.

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
This may have already been discussed in a previous thread in another forum, if so please excuse; but is there a way to go backwards back to a 4.3 base that was quite rootable? I too have been ensnared in the AT&T NC2 trap. Thanks so much.

No. The new bootloaders are un-downgradable. Dumb samsung

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wilkerjnc

Nov 29, 2010
Temporary, non-reboot persistent root?

Read the forums, it's in several places. You are stuck like Chuck!

Is there a way, using something like the ADB kit; to side load the required root files? As I understand it, this might be possible, just not persistent with reboots of the device. This would be AOK for me for now as I rarely ever have to reboot my phone.

Interesting, after I updated to the nefarious NC2 from AT&T, it appears that all the /system/xbin/* files are there, just not able to execute (permissions?).

_Burst_

May 20, 2010
San Antonio, TX
:) Sure dude.

Thumbsup-alec.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is XDA, you will be proved wrong! Someone will provide a root method! I just know it. There is enough $$$ in the bounty for someone to take a stab at it. We just have to be patient! It sucks, I know!
    This "no root" situation is very frustrating and makes the Note 3 useless to me. Just wanted to enter it into the "Smash the Past" contest to possibly win the new OnePlus One phone instead (http://oneplus.net/smash). Would so gladly shoot it through with an arrow from my hunting bow. No, I'm not a hunter, just enjoy target practice from time to time, and shooting this one would improve my aim accuracy for sure! Unfortunately will be out of country in the critical period. Darn! Anyone else would gladly smash the AT&T Note 3, if given a chance of getting another similar phone? :)

Greg
    So dumb.

Why would you break a $700 phone for a CHANCE to win a phone that costs $300..? That makes no sense even if you were guaranteed one for breaking the Note.

How about selling the Note and use the proceeds to just buy a One, and have money left over?

Greg

I too find the Note 3 N900A useless without root. I would gladly drop some cash into developers pocket for them to invest time into developing a way for us to obtain root.

I need to lay of the DB/web development and get into android development, this situation sucks.
    This is a very popular device I'd wager someone will come out with a boot loader hijack eventually... If/when this happens we Will have full access to the system. But as far as root is concerned I'm sure it will arrive in time. My RAZR m is not a popular flagship device and it recently finally achieved root.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
    kindle fire hdx is also very popular

so what?
    gotta write petition to your congressman about AT&T+Samsung violating cellphone unlock law.