Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

pek771

May 23, 2012
Odd display highlighting

Hi all
I have a highlighting problem, which I can't seem to fix. This phone is an old Samsung T-679, running Gingerbread 2.3.5, jocala custom kernel 2.6.35.7.
The highlighting is very dark, like reverse highlighting. It appears in many apps, such as Gmail, contacts, call blocker. I just can't read through it. Please see attached screenshot. the part that says -icle is a new unread gmail.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
TIA, Pat

Silver_Wire

May 25, 2014
Hi all
I have a highlighting problem, which I can't seem to fix. This phone is an old Samsung T-679, running Gingerbread 2.3.5, jocala custom kernel 2.6.35.7.
The highlighting is very dark, like reverse highlighting. It appears in many apps, such as Gmail, contacts, call blocker. I just can't read through it. Please see attached screenshot. the part that says -icle is a new unread gmail.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
TIA, Pat

Test - Icle very funny...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.