[Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

Search This thread

inthegame

Jan 9, 2013
I'm sure, #2 is possible, but... you'd need to open support ticket to get the answer. :eek:
I was wondering still, if eth0 MAC same for everybody?

I dont think its same for everybody. I think it gets generated too, at first install.

I must admit Im not an expert in phones and ROMs and stuff like that, but I figure out that the IMSI and SIM serial # are generated on-the-fly by bluestacks when you change the GUID in registry, so I'm wondering where shall I look, see and modify the generating rules? Anybody ?!
Is there at least, a HARD way to do it, if not a simple one?

sreekanthro

Feb 19, 2013
Whatsapp

How to run Whatsapp on my windows8 pc ??
I run Internet using proxy !
please help me out !
waiting for a reply soon !

Melaronius

Jan 4, 2013
Louisiana
How to run Whatsapp on my windows8 pc ??
I run Internet using proxy !
please help me out !
waiting for a reply soon !

Do you already have blue stacks installed? You'll need a phone number to create the WhatsApp account. If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, you won't be able to use the same number. A phone number can only be associated with 1 device at a time. If you associate it with your computer it will disconnect on your phone. If you know someone who doesn't use WhatsApp you can use their number for your computer.

mizuki_kai

Sep 14, 2012
First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)

Do you mind to show how did you root your bluestacks 0.7.8.829? I followed the steps mentioned but adb failed to launch. BTW, how can I change the game from landscape to portrait and vice versa?

sreekanthro

Feb 19, 2013
Do you already have blue stacks installed? You'll need a phone number to create the WhatsApp account. If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, you won't be able to use the same number. A phone number can only be associated with 1 device at a time. If you associate it with your computer it will disconnect on your phone. If you know someone who doesn't use WhatsApp you can use their number for your computer.

Yes i have bluestacks installed in my computer ,i dont know how to root it ! and i do have a mobile number that doesn't associate with whatsapp yet !
i use my college proxy, so even bluestacks is also not working ?? !!

Last edited:

partisano

Feb 15, 2010
A Coruña
H- EDITING INITRD.IMG to mount /system for read & write, I got it from merrickville's initrd.img
1- Download 7-zip and install it
2- Download "NotePad++" from HERE and install it.
3- Copy "initrd.img" from "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\initrd.img" or extract it from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\runtimedata_[xxxxxxx].zip" (where xxxxxx = ur BS version) to "C:\pubuntu".
4- Open 7-zip -> Tools -> Options -> Editor -> put the path of installed "NotePad++" ["%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"]
5- Extract "initrd.img" via 7-zip -> open extracted file "initrd" via 7-zip -> right click "initrd" -> Edit
6- Search for:
Code:
try_mount ro "$device /mnt || continue
(It should be after "for device in /dev/sr* /dev/sd.....")
and replaced with
"try_mount rw $device /mnt || continue
7- Close it and save the file -> accept replacing of the file -> close 7-zip
8- Open "initrd.img" via 7-zip and replace "initrd"
9- Now you have your edited initrd.img -> copy back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
Hi all, the red text in bold and italic (step 5) doesn't work for me. If I extract initrd.img I get intrd file but I can't edit it. Why? Because it is another compressed file so if I try to open it with 7-zip I see the initrd file (and other files and folders) but I can't edit it. Well, I can edit it but I can't save the changes because 7-zip uses a windows temp folder for opening the file and if I save it the file won't be saved in the initrd compressed folder.
I tried to save it and drag and drop the file into initrd compressed file but 7-zip didn't allow me to do that.

Any idea for solving that issue? Thanks and regards.

mohazia

Jun 13, 2007
Amman, Jordan
Hi all, the red text in bold and italic (step 5) doesn't work for me. If I extract initrd.img I get intrd file but I can't edit it. Why? Because it is another compressed file so if I try to open it with 7-zip I see the initrd file (and other files and folders) but I can't edit it. Well, I can edit it but I can't save the changes because 7-zip uses a windows temp folder for opening the file and if I save it the file won't be saved in the initrd compressed folder.
I tried to save it and drag and drop the file into initrd compressed file but 7-zip didn't allow me to do that.

Any idea for solving that issue? Thanks and regards.

Yes, sure. The steps said that u have to extract the content of initrd.img then open the extracted content (which is initrd) don't open initrd directly from initrd.img, but extract initrd then open initrd & edit initrd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

partisano

Feb 15, 2010
A Coruña
Yes, sure. The steps said that u have to extract the content of initrd.img then open the extracted content (which is initrd) don't open initrd directly from initrd.img, but extract initrd then open initrd & edit initrd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
Thanks for the answer but... what do I do with initrd file after editting? Because 7-zip doesn't allow me to add to initrd compressed file (replacing the existing one) :(

partisano

Feb 15, 2010
A Coruña
Impossible: I repeat that 7-zip does not allow it because when I try to edit it (it opens Notepad++) it works with the file and that file is in a temp folder! And this file is never ever written in initrd compressed file even when I save the file (it is saved in the temp folder). I don't know if I am explaining it badly (I'm not english haha) or what.

Here you are (you can check that I do everything in the right way) 2 screenshots:

Attachments

• initrd1.jpg
    initrd1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 587
  • initrd2.jpg
    initrd2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 545

Lasaqus

Feb 28, 2013
First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)

Falcion
I rooted this way, but when I want to click on an icon on screen, I have to click about 2 inches above and about 1 inch to the right of the icon to make it work.

Do you know what could be the cause/resolution ?

Last edited:

nex86

Nov 9, 2010
cannot get pubuntu to work...

Code:
---------------------------
Cygwin/X
A fatal error has occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit.
Please open /var/log/XWin.0.log for more information.

Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.7.3.0 (10703000)
Build Date: 2009-12-22

XWin was started with the following command-line:

XWin :0 -ac -notrayicon -multiwindow -dpi 100 

OK   

atesin

Feb 3, 2012
i also have a linux box (centos58)

can i use it to modify root.fs ?? (and how)

... or is strictly needed do it with "portable ubuntu remix" ? ... that weights about 1.5gb and i think is kinda senseless to download and install a huge program just to edit a couple little files once, however the "elegant solution" somebody said ?

(or with a small live-cd or pendrive based distro at least)

AUTO ANSWER:

about step called "F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES"

Root.fs, system.img = ext4 volume image files
system.sfs = squashfs v4 volume image file

- in centos5 you need to install e4fsprogs and squashfs-tools, however squashfs-tools needs at least kernel 2.6.29 to handle sfsv4 volumes. maybe you can do it with centos6, debian, ubuntu or fedora though
- you can do it partially with windows using ext4 driver ( www ext2fsd com ) and squashfs tools ( fragilematter blogspot com /2010/02/squashfs-tools-40-windows-binaries.html ). but you cannot resize ext4 volumes. maybe can do with a partition, archive (but 7zip) or image (but winimage) software
- finally i downloaded linux mint 14 mate live cd and runned with virtualbox, i created and mount a large enough virtual disk to handle images before, you can copy it with samba, http, scp or preparing a volume. linux mint has everything we need, somebody said puppy linux also works and is even smaller

(sorry i am pretty new and i cannot post urls yet)

Reactions: ApokrifX

draiyan

Dec 5, 2011
Cebu City
Redmi Note 10 Pro
  • Google Play 3.10.10 [ No Account Included / Unlocked Patched ]
  • SuperUser 3.2
  • LuckyPatcher 2.84
  • GPS Options Unlocked [Tray Icon]
Full R/W Support [Edit files with ADB CLI in Shell Mode]
when bluestacks running
adb root
adb connect 127.0.0.1:5555
adb shell
su

[use ''ls'' command to list files in directory ''cd'' to change it]
[copy from device to windows use push and pull cmd's (must be disconnected from shell "quit" command)]
[if you need help use "adb help" command]

This Version Have 8GB SDCARD!!
[Use NTFS compression for smaller file size]
okienko.png

DOWNLOAD [FIXED]
(Win key + R)
Import to registry "REG.reg"
Start Bluestacks

will this work for 0.7.9???

lxsmusic

Jun 11, 2012
Got Method 2 working, had to google files and tweak some instructions.

The only way that worked for me (I downloaded various file replacements and bluestacks versions, following all instructions carefully) was to use the 'method 2' in post 3, with some code tweaks for my Win XP bluestacks path and a few other things listed below.

Wherever the instructions in the Pubuntu terminal section stated:
"...... /media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/.......",
I changed this to:
"...... /media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/.......".
Similarly I had to re-read any instructions relating to the Bluestacks path throughout the instruction, to check that they confirmed to my Win XP installation.

I also had to move my Notepad++ installation to C:\ for 7zip to work with it (I then set 7zip's editor path to C:\notepad++\notepad++.exe) for the 'Edit' section. I had to change the search string in Notepad++ to "try_mount ro" instead of "try_mount ro "$device /mnt || continue", which yielded no results.

I found the Pubuntu installation a bit confusing ... To clarify: The download is basically a zip file of the whole Pubuntu app, so expand it into the Program Files folder of your OS. The C:\Pubuntu folder is just a temporary working directory that you make to put all the android files into, while they are being modified.

Section F, stage 4 & 5: This relates to extracting from the latest Superuser binary and not the linked Superuser4BS.apk.

I could not get the BSSS BS_stateBackup.cmd utility to work, but basically if you open it in Notepad, you will see that all it seems to do is copy 2 essential folders in the Bluestacks directory, so I can do that manually. I haven't tried a full restore.

(I used Google to locate any missing files as all Dropbox links appear to be dead.)

I now have Bluestacks 0.7.7.813 running on my Intel 1.66 gHz T2300, 2GB RAM, XP MCE SP3 laptop, (albeit a bit sluggishly). Google Play, Titanium Backup Root and AdAway are working fine (after a few FC's + reboots).

Hit thanks if this helped! Kudos to mohazia, merrickville, codelover, and rocketero for their efforts.

Zuckstone

Jul 30, 2007
Root your BlueStacks up to v. 0.7.8.829

I have uploaded to my Dropbox the Root. and Initrd.img files, these files will root your BS up to v. 0.7.8.829

Info:
/system partition is 500MB, there is around 340 MB free space on this partition.
superuser.apk and su are version 3.2
busybox is version 1.20.0
su and busybox are in /system/xbin and /system/bin
/system is ReadWrite, (Run Root Explorer and change it from RO to RW).

Here is the zip file, it's 78.90MB in size and the MD5 is: 4263878D9220C577CA331739903A2BDE
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ii6c570x2o2lne/Root.fs+Initrd.img-bs078829.zip

Procedure:
1. Go to C:\Program Files\Bluestacks (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluestacks if you have x64bit), and dobleclick on HD-Quit.exe, this will close BS.
2. Rename Initrd.img and Root.fs to something else. they are located in C:\ProgramData\Bluestacks\Android
3. Extract the files from the zip, and copy Root.fs and Initrd.img from it to C:\ProgramData\Bluestacks\Android

Re-launch Bluestacks. Enjoy your rooted BS.!

Rooted using this method, now Maps don't work. Getting the following message.
Google Maps is not yet available in this location
Anyway to get around this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm here give full guide for what I was learned from merrickville, codelover, and rocketero so all credits go to all of them either by direct guide and correction or by understanding their modified files. (is it OK codelover :good:)

To whom who don't know BlueStacks (as me before a week), it's emulated android system to works under windows system. for more info go to company page

A- REMOVE BLUESTACKS
    Good tool from "Microsoft Fix it to install/uninstall Programs" thanx Ba7rani123

1- Run command (Win Key + R) -> "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86) "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
    2- Open "task manager" by run command "taskmgr" -> "Processes" tab -> "HD-LogRotatorService.exe" -> right click -> "End Process Tree"
    3- Open "programs and features" by run command "appwiz.cpl" -> uninstall "BlueStacks App Player" & "Notifications Center"
    4- Delete all BS folders
    "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\BlueStacksSetup"
    "%programfiles%\BlueStacks" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks" (WinX64),
    "%programdata%\BlueStacks"
    "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup"
    Setup from Desktop
    "%windir%\Installer" -> "View" -> "Details" -> right click on column header (i.e "Name", "Date Modified", "Type") -> "Authors" -> click over column header of "Authors" to sort files according authors -> search for "BlueStacks" and delete.
    Note: "%ProgramData%\BlueStacks\Logs\Hypervisor.log" will persist to delete, we will delete it later after restart
    5- Download RegScanner v1.95
    Install -> open it -> Registry Scan Options (it will open automatic) -> select all keys in option Scan the following base key -> write on Find String "BlueStacks" -> wait till search finish -> select all and delete -> Resisted keys can be deleted manually by open in Regedit (F8)
    I can't support this application because I have Windows 7 Manager, with perfect Registry Tools 1.1, it backup & delete all keys automatic
    6- Repeat step (5) by searching for "Notification Center"
    7- Reboot your devive now.
    8- Now you can remove %ProgramData%\BlueStacks\Logs\Hypervisor.log

B- ROOTING BLUESTACKS
    B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD (Ready made rooted /system)
    Download rooted "Root.fs" and modified "initrd.img" for BlueStacks 0.7.7.813:
    1- Download "BlueStacks-ThinInstaller_0.7.7.813.exe", "Root_Mod.rar" and "initrd_Mod.rar" from HERE
    2- Setup BlueStacks 0.7.7.813 by file "BlueStacks-ThinInstaller_0.7.7.813.exe"
    3- After setup finish installing, and BS open, close it (even before click "Got it") then run command (Win key + R) "%ProgramFiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64).
    4- Extract "Root_Mod.rar" and "initrd.rar" into same folder "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android" (P.S no need to make backup because it's already packed in zip file on "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\[xxxxxxxx].zip"
    5- Open run command "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
    Now your BlueStacks have root permission (Thanks CodeLover) and google apps (already supported).
    OR
    Download rocketero's rooted Root.fs & initrd.img from the 3rd post , thanks rocketero

B-II- SECOND ROOTING METHOD (Custom made rooted /system)
    Rooting your "Root.fs" by your self, this method allow you root any versions of BlueStacks. it need to download "Portable Ubuntu Remix", [INFO: it's a portable Linux Ubuntu 10.4 LTS emulator that works under windows environment. for more information see PROJECT.
    1- Download "Portable Ubuntu Remix" from HERE
    2- Download "BlueStacks" from HERE
    3- Run "Portable Ubuntu Remix" and change the path to "%programfiles%\" (WinX86) "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\" (WinX64)
    4- Setup "BlueStacks" until it open -> close it.
    5- Open run command (win key + R) "%ProgramFiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64).
    6- Make RAR backup of your original "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\Data.sparsefs" in case of any errors may happen later.
    7- Follow steps of F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES .
    8- Follow steps of H- EDITING INITRD.IMG and place it in "%ProgramData%\BlueStacks\Android" (P.S: don't worry about original "initrd.img" because it is packed in zip file @ "%ProgramData%\BlueStacksSetup\[xxxxxxx].zip".
    9- Open run command "%programfiles%\Portable_Ubuntu_V4_slim2\pubuntu.exe" (WinX86), "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable_Ubuntu_V4_slim2\pubuntu.exe" (WinX64) and wait till it fully loaded (i.e top toolbar).
    10- From the top toolbar select Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal.
    11- Write the following commands (P.S: # means a note for you, it's not a command):
    Code:
    # Take a root permission
    sudo su
    # It will ask you for a root password: 123456

# Create a working folders
    mkdir /b
    mkdir /b/root
    mkdir /b/system_sfs
    mkdir /b/system_img

# Resize Root.fs to 500 MB
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M

# Mount root.fs to root folder
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /b/root

# Mount system.sfs to system_sfs folder
    mount -o loop /b/root/android/system.sfs /b/system_sfs

# Extract system.img to /b folder
    cp /b/system_sfs/system.img /b/root/android

# Resize system.img
    e2fsck -f -y /b/root/android/system.img
    resize2fs -f /b/root/android/system.img 480M 

# Unmount system_sfs and delete it (make sure the command not unmount)
    umount /b/system_sfs
    rm /b/root/android/system.sfs
    rmdir /b/system_sfs

# Mount system.img into system_img
    mount -o loop /b/root/android/system.img /b/system_img

# Copy MOD "Superuser" & extracted "su" binary, busybox files (which you already did in step 7)
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/Superuser.apk" /b/system_img/app
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /b/system_img/bin
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /b/system_img/xbin
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/busybox" /b/system_img/xbin
    chmod 6755 /b/system_img/bin/su
    chmod 6755 /b/system_img/xbin/su

# Un mount system_img & delete folder
    umount /b/system_img
    rmdir /b/system_img

# Set Permission for system.img
    chown 0:2000 /b/root/android/system.img
    chmod 0644 /b/root/android/system.img

# Unmount root and save changes into root.fs
    umount /b/root
    rmdir /b/root
    rmdir /b
    12- Close Terminal and shut down Portable Ubuntu from system menu at top toolbar -> Shut Down
    13- Open run command "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86), "%Programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
    14- After BlueStacks run, download custom launcher (like Go Launcher HD for Pad, Apex).
    15- Now your BlueStacks have root permission.
    16- Make RAR backup of your "Root.fs" and "initrd.img".

C- BLUESTACKS INSTALLING TROUBLESHOOTS
    1- If you have msgbox telling you of missing img, rerun the setup

2- If you the setup just start and finish very soon
    See section A- REMOVE BLUESTACKS @ the top

D- ROOTING TROUBLESHOOTS
    You have to reset BS files:
    a) If you follow B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD:
    1- Download "Root_MOD.rar", "initrd_MOD.rar" and "Data_Org.rar" from HERE
    2- Extract them on "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    b) If you follow B-II SECOND ROOTING METHOD:
    1- If you already have previous root and made backup of your rooted "Root.fs" & edited "initrd.img" & stock "Data.sparsefs" -> just extract all back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    2- If you don't have backup -> either extract them from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\[xxxxxx].zip" and start from scrach, or follow above (a) steps of B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD.

E- BACKUP/RESTORE BLUESTACKS by Codelover via bat executable commands see HIS POST

F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES I got it from codelover's MOD superuser4BS.apk
    1- Download last version of Superuser for x86 from HERE
    2- Download 7-Zip & install it from HERE (if you didn't have it)
    3- Download latest version of "busybox-i686" from HERE to "C:\pubuntu" (take attention it should be small letter) and rename the downloaded file into "busybox"
    4- Extract "\system\bin\su" to "C:\pubuntu" we need it to copy it to "/system/bin" & "/system/xbin"
    5- Extract "\system\app\Superuser.apk" to "C:\pubuntu"
    6- Close 7-zip
    7- Open "Superuser.apk" via "7-zip" -> extract "assets\sutools-x86" -> rename it into "sutools-armeabi" -> drag it back in 7-zip to replace existed "sutools-armeabi".
    8- Make copy of "busybox" and rename this copy to "busybox-armeabi" -> drag it again in 7-zip to replace existed "busybox-armeabi"
    8- Close 7-zip and now, you have latest files MOD Superuser,apk, extracted "su" binary and busybox files

G- COPY FILES TO /SYSTEM via ADB modified from codelover's commands (take a look on his POST)
    You should have "su" with root permission.
    [GOOD TOOL: "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg" HERE to allow you open command from any folder]
    a) To replace old "superuser.apk" with new file
    1- Download "CodeLover_SU.rar" (superuserX86-3.2RC3) from HERE -> extract it into "C:\pubuntu" OR use your own MOD file from step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
    2- Run "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg" from "C:\pubuntu" folder
    3- Write commands
    Code:
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "rm /*uperuser.apk"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 install *uperuser.apk
    b)Replace old "su" binary file with new file
    1- Download "CodeLover_SU.rar" (suX86-3.2RC3) from HERE -> extract it into "C:\pubuntu" OR use your own Extracted file from step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
    2- Run "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg" from "C:\pubuntu" folder
    3- Write commands
    Code:
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 push su.86 /sdcard/
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /sdcard/su.86 /system/xbin/"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su.86"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su.86"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "mv /system/xbin/su.86 /system/xbin/su"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c whoami             # if you got "Root"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su"
    c)Replace old "busybox" file with new file
    1- Download latest version of "busybox-i686" from HERE to "C:\pubuntu" and rename the downloaded files into "busybox" OR use one you already download it in step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
    3- Write commands
    Code:
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 push busybox /sdcard/
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /sdcard/busybox /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chown 0.2000 /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "mv /system/xbin/busybox-i686 /system/xbin/busybox"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell busybox
    You should not have error

H- EDITING INITRD.IMG to mount /system for read & write, I got it from merrickville's initrd.img
    1- Download 7-zip and install it
    2- Download "NotePad++" from HERE and install it.
    3- Copy "initrd.img" from "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\initrd.img" or extract it from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\runtimedata_[xxxxxxx].zip" (where xxxxxx = ur BS version) to "C:\pubuntu".
    4- Open 7-zip -> Tools -> Options -> Editor -> put the path of installed "NotePad++" ["%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"]
    5- Extract "initrd.img" via 7-zip -> open extracted file "initrd" via 7-zip -> right click "initrd" -> Edit
    6- Search for:
    Code:
    [B]try_mount [COLOR="red"]ro[/COLOR] "$device /mnt || continue[/B]
    (It should be after "for device in /dev/sr* /dev/sd.....")
    and replaced with
    [B]"try_mount [COLOR="red"]rw[/COLOR] $device /mnt || continue[/B]
    7- Close it and save the file -> accept replacing of the file -> close 7-zip
    8- Open "initrd.img" via 7-zip and replace "initrd"
    9- Now you have your edited initrd.img -> copy back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"

If it helps you, give me thanks :good:
    Updated Root Package 7.8.829 + [8GB SDCARD]

• Google Play 3.10.10 [ No Account Included / Unlocked Patched ]
    • SuperUser 3.2
    • LuckyPatcher 2.84
    • GPS Options Unlocked [Tray Icon]
    Full R/W Support [Edit files with ADB CLI in Shell Mode]
    when bluestacks running
    adb root
    adb shell
    su

[use ''ls'' command to list files in directory ''cd'' to change it]
    [copy from device to windows use push and pull cmd's (must be disconnected from shell "quit" command)]
    [if you need help use "adb help" command]

This Version Have 8GB SDCARD!!
    [Use NTFS compression for smaller file size]
    okienko.png

DOWNLOAD [FIXED]
    (Win key + R)
    Import to registry "REG.reg"
    Start Bluestacks
    As requested I have zipped and uploaded my root.fs and initrd.img to Mediafire.
    As a small bonus I embedded the excellent Zeam Launcher (build by XDA-developers member cloakt which can be found here)

Both files can be found here mediafire.com/file/k3cgj6bgqdcq0xb/Rooted_BlueStacks_0.7.10.869.zip on MediaFire
    (Due to not having enough posts I cannot put a link to an external site)

Installation is simple, just follow step B from the first post in this thread :

B- ROOTING BLUESTACKS
    B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD (Ready made rooted /system)

1 - Download "BlueStacks-SplitInstaller_native.exe" from BlueStacks site --> bluestacks.com/bstk-download-success-2.htm
    2 - Download modified "Root.fs" and modified "initrd.img" for BlueStacks 0.7.10.869 from Mediafire -->mediafire.com/file/k3cgj6bgqdcq0xb/Rooted_BlueStacks_0.7.10.869.zip
    2 - Install BlueStacks 0.7.10.869 with downloaded file "BlueStacks-SplitInstaller_native.exe"
    3 - After installation has finished and BlueStacks has started successfully, exit BlueStacks.
    4 - Kill all running BlueStacks processes. Open "Run Command" (Win key + R) "%ProgramFiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86) or "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64).
    5 - Open "Run Command" (Win key + R) "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    6 - Create backup of your original "root.fs" and "initrd.img" (you can rename them to "_ORIGINAL_root.fs" and "_ORIGINAL_initrd.img"
    6 - Extract "root.fs" and "initrd.img" from "Rooted_BlueStacks_0.7.10.869.zip" into folder "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    7 - Start all necessary BlueStacks processes. Open "Run Command" (Win key + R) "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86) or "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)

Now your BlueStacks should have root permission.
    Please verify this with one of the many apps you can find in Google Play store.

(Thanks ewwink for your excellent YouTube tutorial) and all others who shared their knowledge in this thread :).
    [root][repack] 0.7.12.896 Update !

Root Package:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?otl79weytj7qm9b
    REG: (1280x720,1024mb RAM)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oqn3l345ynbxawr

If someone want to change the resolution use registry editor
    resolutionfs8.png

bluestacks7fs8.png

Install NFO:

• (Win key + R)
    • "%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
    • "%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
    • Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
    • Import to registry "1280x720 & 1024ram.reg" or not...
    • Start Bluestacks
    "E=mohazia;33618109]I'm here give full guide for what I was learned from mammadkhata and merrickville so all credits go to both of them.

To whom who don't know BlueStacks (as me before a week), it's emulated android system to works under windows system. for more info go to company page

You have 2 choices,
    First Method:
    :

I have a Root.fs rooted (& Initrd.img Edited) with system.img (/system partition) resized to 500MB that is working fine with BS07.7.813.

you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdf35z9cupl5xnb/Root-fs_and_Initrd-img-bs077813.rar

it's MD5(sum) is: FFA77658EF35AACDDA06B379CBF52CB8
    it contains Root.fs and Initrd.img, this still can follow your method # 1 to root BS 077813.

A few notes:
    - system partition resized to 500MB
    - su version 3.2 x86-RC3-signed was added not only to /system/xbin but also to /system/bin as well as busybox to keep a fallback when updating the su binary.
    - binary /system/bin/ls was symlinked to busybox instead of toolbox to get nice color file listings in a terminal
    - superuser4BS.apk (moded by @codelover) was added to /system/app"