Meizu MX 2 is released!

Search This thread

流我梦觞

Oct 28, 2011
Lanzhou
I'd also like to know if it will be possible to just put stock android on the MX2, that is if any of the devs on here is interested in getting it...

Meizu haven't open bootloader and maybe never open it.

Also the Capacity of Meizu can't meet the market demand,so many buyer preorderd it and still waiting for it now.It's not very easy to buy it from Europe.

Sorry for my poor English

Reactions: JoshinPl

bakedjake

Oct 21, 2009
I know of people who have flashed unofficial firmware on HK MX2. CN is still closed though.

Source/Link? I'm trying to extract a boot.img so I can build CWM recovery and can't find the boot partition to be able to do so. If I have this, I can start working on an AOSP build.

Last edited:

kukurumbula

Jan 9, 2013
Source/Link? I'm trying to extract a boot.img so I can build CWM recovery and can't find the boot partition to be able to do so. If I have this, I can start working on an AOSP build.

I've found the unofficial rom on russian 4pda forum. Now I've tried to give you link, but as a new member of xda i can't rights to do this. Sorry,

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
The MX2 is pentaband.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
U still got urs Charlie?
Is there a way to get the notification lights to blink with a SMS/email?
N no SD cars slot right?

Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

No i have a Note right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Tepepa

Feb 23, 2013
I have an MX2 device for internal testing and translation if anyone wants any information.

Have you got the Mainland or HK version?
I read somewhere that just the HK version is rootable. Is it true?

Actually the only reason why I'm interesting in the rooting is to install an extra language (from factory it only comes with Chinese, English and Russian)... what can you tell me about it?

Thx

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Have you got the Mainland or HK version?
I read somewhere that just the HK version is rootable. Is it true?

Actually the only reason why I'm interesting in the rooting is to install an extra language (from factory it only comes with Chinese, English and Russian)... what can you tell me about it?

Thx

My build is an internal test build that has some additional languages.
It is the Mainland version (I think - is there any way to confirm?), and it IS rootable (in fact, it's rootable by Flyme itself!)

JoshinPl

Jun 26, 2012
someone have this phone and have flashed any custom rom?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

PHILALIX

Jun 10, 2006
no blinking led but the "iphone like" button blinks.
and the symbols for a missed call or sms change from white to orange in the main menu.

no sd card

sercern

Dec 23, 2012
own thread for MX2

Can anybody say, when it will be a solid thread for discussing MX2, its custom android developments etc...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe. but generally i prefer mz for better experience.

Sent from my M032 using xda premium
    I suppose you could one day get it at amazon, just like this one: Meizu MX

Then there's some chinese websites that offer to import it to wherever you like, with a shipping cost of around 23US$, but then e. g. for Germany you'd probably have to add another 19% VAT, which makes it quite expensive, also around 600US$.

Maybe I have to find some chinese friends...

Liaow.com says:

"Phones are shipped by DHL or EMS,the shipping depends on which country you are come from." and it's 23US$ to Europe (Germany and Italy for sure).
    And then "There is no tax or handling fee.(We delclare it with a reasonable value as a gift,ussally there is no tax.)"

Is VAT something apart?
    I'd also like to know if it will be possible to just put stock android on the MX2, that is if any of the devs on here is interested in getting it...

Meizu haven't open bootloader and maybe never open it.

Also the Capacity of Meizu can't meet the market demand,so many buyer preorderd it and still waiting for it now.It's not very easy to buy it from Europe.

Sorry for my poor English