Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 107 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Really hoping the G3 satisfies my needs to qualify an upgrade, basic needs in order are :-

* 3GB ram to make it future proof
* Great camera
* SD Card
* Removable battery
* Good sound (stereo speakers would be great)

If it has these, I'm buying it and can't wait to buy it, else I'll have to look at the oppo find 7

Last edited:
Reactions: tids2k

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I am. Cause I know LG is going to deliver.

Here is what I think the phone specs are going to be.

* 5.5 inch QHD display
* Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC
* 3400 mah non removable battery
* 16 mp camera with OIS
* 2mp front facing camera

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
I will more than likely. I mean, don't get me wrong, really liking my g flex, but honestly, it's just a tad bit to big and for whatever reason don't play nice with Netflix. The voice will be a hair off and is Uber annoying! So if I can trim some size down and streams that better, I'll be using my jump program a lot sooner than anticipated.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

dadsterflip

Aug 31, 2010
I am for sure. Hoping Verizon won't be like the last one on the list.. Hope they sell it first like the m8

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

catlog

Dec 5, 2012
I'm considering it... if there is indeed no new Nexus phone this year, I'll probably get myself a G3.

force70

I will more than likely. I mean, don't get me wrong, really liking my g flex, but honestly, it's just a tad bit to big and for whatever reason don't play nice with Netflix. The voice will be a hair off and is Uber annoying! So if I can trim some size down and streams that better, I'll be using my jump program a lot sooner than anticipated.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Oh man if the gflex had sd card support or more int storage I would have picked one up immediately. Such a cool device just small storage. ..which is the only issue I also have with my g2..thankfully LG has fixed that shortcoming on the G3!

Sent from my Note 3, G2, S4 or Note 2

samsat

Apr 5, 2007
ex Johannesburg now SoCal
I certainly hope so otherwise I'm going drive myself around the bend!
My Vivid is way past it's upgrade date.
I waited for the Nexus 5, but decide against it thinking the S5 would be a better choice, then saw that the M8 was imminent.
I have been on the fence with both of these phones.
I was really disappointed with the build quality/QC on the M8, widely reported and as I have seen first hand on a number of in store units. Add in screen polarizing issues,camera and reduced usable screen area made me think twice.
The S5 appears to have a lot of lag issues and this coupled with the fiddly charging port cover made me wonder if could sit out another 2 years with this phone.

I then saw the G3 on the horizon and figured that it looks like the phone for me, unless of course there's something else coming soon!

Hopefully the announcement in 10 days time will be followed by product in store to put me out of my misery!

USFguy

Mar 5, 2011
Tampa
I'm really wanting to get one, but I had to go with maybe because who knows how long ATT will have devs locked down trying to get into the bootloader (GS4/5)

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am. Cause I know LG is going to deliver.

Here is what I think the phone specs are going to be.

* 5.5 inch QHD display
* Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC
* 3400 mah non removable battery
* 16 mp camera with OIS
* 2mp front facing camera

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

-yes
-i believe it will have 801
-last time i checked it was 3000
-nope..13mb
-correct

chuck24

Dec 11, 2010
While the Note 3 is still top dog in my book I will be using my first jump on the G3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ctbaker

Aug 23, 2010
If the Verizon variant is able to be rooted at a minimum then I will pick one up otherwise I may end up the HTC One m8 route or wait for the next big thing to come along.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

-yes
-i believe it will have 801
-last time i checked it was 3000
-nope..13mb
-correct

It appears that you read this article and are just parroting it back or do you have a different basis for your assertions?

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If the Verizon variant is able to be rooted at a minimum then I will pick one up otherwise I may end up the HTC One m8 route or wait for the next big thing to come along.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

It appears that you read this article and are just parroting it back or do you have a different basis for your assertions?

it is on every article and every article that i read are legit..where are u getting at?

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
Looking at this to replace my note 3. Really grabbed me attention, thought about getting the m8 but that bezel.... my god HTC lost me with that wasted screen real estate.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got an S3, not worth upgrading to S4, S5 looks crap and only has 2GB ram, at last I have a phone I want, can't wait
    Hope yes I will give LG a try I´m little tired of Samsung :cyclops:
    Metal impacts radio signals and far less forgiving to the display if dropped. Especially a bigger display like this.

At home the M8 has about 2 dBm less signal in medium to weak areas than the already average signal S4.

I respect folks that like metal since personal choice, but for me that is more style over substance.
    Probably not. I have a G2 and love it. But I cannot get google wallet on my phone with tap to pay, because of a variety of reasons (including t-mobile pushing Isis). If the G3 has the same limitation, that might give me pause. But the bigger issue is whether t-mobile's G3 has support for LTE band 12. This does not appear to be the case. There may not be much point in buying a phone now, only to have to buy another one later in the year. The whole 805 versus 801 processor issue would only be a concern for me because this phone is supposed to have a QHD display. I do not know if the 801 processor is adequate for the QHD display.

Well... Let's see if we can guesstimate if it will be ok.
    LG G2 = Snapdragon 800 = Adreno 330 @ 450MHz
    LG G3 = Snapdragon 801 = Adreno 330 @ 578MHz

28.4% increase in speed.
    LG G2 = 1920 x 1080 pixels = 2,073,600 pixels
    LG G3 = 2560 x 1440 pixels = 3,686,400 pixels

77% increase in pixels.

Yep, just based on pure unadulterated fuzzy logic, the display may be pushing the SOC to it's upper limits. Of course, this is completely meaningless, and only hands on experience will tell us if it's ok. I choose not to fret about this until I can test the device.
    Itching to upgrade, and this looks like it's going to be the best phone on Verizon.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Well... Let's see if we can guesstimate if it will be ok.
    LG G2 = Snapdragon 800 = Adreno 330 @ 450MHz
    LG G3 = Snapdragon 801 = Adreno 330 @ 578MHz

28.4% increase in speed.
    LG G2 = 1920 x 1080 pixels = 2,073,600 pixels
    LG G3 = 2560 x 1440 pixels = 3,686,400 pixels

77% increase in pixels.

Yep, just based on pure unadulterated fuzzy logic, the display may be pushing the SOC to it's upper limits. Of course, this is completely meaningless, and only hands on experience will tell us if it's ok. I choose not to fret about this until I can test the device.

The Find 7 (QHD) only gets ~5% hit in performance vs the Find 7A (FHD). There's actually quite a bit more to it than pixels.