Facebook Integration, what is it, and how to get it back..

Search This thread

jcan

Jan 2, 2008
Anyone knows how does the "Automatic Update" setting behave? Does it update every time you go to the "Facebook" tab, or it updates at regular time intervals anyway, regardless whether you visit the tab or not? If the first is the case, then it is useful, since when you visit the tab means that you want to have the info updated. If the second is the case though, then it can drive up your billing charges without you having realized what happened...

snaven

Jul 15, 2009
Anyone knows how does the "Automatic Update" setting behave? Does it update every time you go to the "Facebook" tab, or it updates at regular time intervals anyway, regardless whether you visit the tab or not? If the first is the case, then it is useful, since when you visit the tab means that you want to have the info updated. If the second is the case though, then it can drive up your billing charges without you having realized what happened...

would be good to know the answer to this.... anyone?!

Niall M

Jun 18, 2009
Biggar
Well since my last post on this the Events list has been slowly filling up with forthcoming Birthdays without me actively doing anything (set to Auto Update) and some contacts have their Birthday information displayed under "Information" on the Details Tab when viewing a specific contact. However some as yet do not have a Birthday so I guess I'll just keep waiting.

Not a massive problem, it just makes you feel guilty about not sending them a card!:p

Re. Auto Update. My guess is that it performs an update when you navigate to the People Tab. Since getting facebook integration it can take a few seconds for my favourites to appear if I haven't been to the tab recently. After the initial wait you can go away and come back to the People tab with no unnatural pause. My guess is that the pause is caused by the update process if it the FB information currently stored is considered out of date.

Like I said though - this is a guess!

Niall

jcan

Jan 2, 2008
Unfortunately FB Integration proved to not work that well after all... :( Some contacts are updated, some are not... I checked with a friend who had changed his status, and the TD2 remained with an old one.

I will keep the FB Integration in my device (because it is cool), but from now on I will use the old-fashioned browser way to get updated on what happens in FB.

EDIT: Decided to uninstall after all... The FB integration takes a heavy toll on the device; maybe it is because I have many FB contacts. Anyway, since it does not even work correctly, I decided to kick it out. Let's hope a better and correctly-working version will come up in a future ROM.

Last edited:
S

squirrel01

Hi,

I completed a hardware reset and started from scratch; this deleted everything from my phone (ALL contacts, programmes, app, pictures, music, etc) you’ve been warned!!!

Make sure you back-up everything including phone contacts and remove the memory card; I saved all my phones contacts to outlook and also as a csv. file just to be sure: EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED FROM YOUR PHONE!!!!

You should be able to then reinstall 2nd cab. file and it should ask you to resign-in with the correct details.

Hi guys.

I had trouble to login.. then i tried my girlfriends nick and that worked, put i can't change the login info back to my own. I have tried to remove the cab and install it again put i still remember her login info, any way to change it?

S

squirrel01

There may be an easier way BUT I did a HARD RESET on my phone, starting from scratch;
BUT BEWARE, YOU LOSS ALL DATA, ALL FILES, ALL CONTACTS
(which I had backed up on Outlook, be careful when Sync as depending on settings may delete all your contacts from outlook).
MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ANY FILES FIRST AND REMOVE YOUR MEMORY CARD! If you decide to do a hardware reset...

PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYTHING GETS DELETED ON YOUR PHONE AND THIS RESTORES ALL FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS.

Once you've reinstalled the 2nd cab. file it should ask you for the correct sign-in details for Facebook

Good luck.

toth42

Aug 25, 2009
Hm. The app works fine, sort of.. But it only sync'ed the one test-contact I had added, when I add new contacts with app already installed, how do I add them to the sync-business, and get the photos and such?

roisagi

Jun 14, 2006
installed both cabs on my TP.
i press on "updates" - link profile -
and i get "no account data".

how and where do i enter my FB account data?...

br3nt

Jul 23, 2008
well, regarding the auto update feature, just noticed it says " every two hours"

installed the recommended cab and went into a contact and said link profile, it asked me to log in and voila :)

toth42

Aug 25, 2009
Does anyone else get in trouble when they press "Altro"? If I press it, my TF3D restarts, and thats all that happens.

Man.

Jun 23, 2009
Hey,

Do you think it would be possible to link our Windows Live Accounts to our contacts like the Facebook integration?

Is it already possible by any chance?

Thanks

Man.

tshar

Feb 1, 2009
i just used the bbonfix. works like a charm on my htc diamond 2. many thanks to the creator! sweet feature :)

dinoalbert

Nov 11, 2004
Manila
Hi...may I know if this is applicable for WM 6.1 only?

I just got a Topaz with WM6.5 already, ROM version 2.17 and I notice my contacts already have this Facebook integration.

Or is this the same and I miss something?

thanks...

linkinincubus

Nov 7, 2007
Sherman, TX
I seem to be able to manually link facebook accounts through my contacts on my TD2. Running Energy Rom and WM 6.5 can't remember which version but its using manila 2.5.192 however I was under the impression that the phone should automically try and match my contacts up versus me individual linking over 100 contacts on my phone :-( does anyone else have this working