Lets get Dsixda android kitchen working

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I did a comparison between an S4 ROM created in Cygwin and one created in Ubuntu, and the difference was that Cygwin was missing a bunch of symlinks, especially one that referred to an executable binary called wiperiface.

I've updated the kitchen to include these new symlinks and it will be up in tag 0.223_rev9. Please leave feedback if you've tried in Cygwin afterwards.

I don't have the S4 anymore.

scuccia

May 23, 2008
For those having issues deodexing try baksmali v1.41 or 1.42. I was having trouble with the VZW ROM and got it deodexed and booting using 1.41 for everything except framework.jar and services.jar. I used 1.42 for those but I suspect that 1.42 will work for everything.

Reactions: dsixda

AlEjAnDrO812

Jul 9, 2012
For those having issues deodexing try baksmali v1.41 or 1.42. I was having trouble with the VZW ROM and got it deodexed and booting using 1.41 for everything except framework.jar and services.jar. I used 1.42 for those but I suspect that 1.42 will work for everything.

The kitchen use baksmali 1.4.2 and 2.0b4..how I change to use only 1.4.2?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

AlEjAnDrO812

Jul 9, 2012
You can just modify the "use_this_version.txt" or just replace files in the "deodex_files" folder.

Thanks I changed I will try now :)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

No the latest 'beta' kitchen version uses smali/baksmali 2.0b4.

Its work I change the version of the baksmali and now dont stucks on boot when deodex :) :)

You can just modify the "use_this_version.txt" or just replace files in the "deodex_files" folder.

Swanseatom

Dec 2, 2012
Hey all I am a newish user to Kitchen, However I've done some extensive research and reading on it.

I cooked a rom for my s3 no issues a tall,

I did exactly the same for my s4(but with s4 stock rom obviously) and the rom will not flash, get an error 7 when it flashes boot img,

Or the flash just hangs completely

I've tried to make sense of all the issues people have had/resolved throughout the 2 active threads for s4.

Mine is GT9505 which I understand is supported.

I use Ubuntu to run kitchen (on windows right now).

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at my updater-script to see if any noticable issues as i belive thats where my issue lies.

I've always fully relied on Kitchen to make it so have basic knowledge of it, and reading up on it is taking some time.

I wont upload it now in case this isn't really where this belongs.

A point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

AlEjAnDrO812

Jul 9, 2012
Hey all I am a newish user to Kitchen, However I've done some extensive research and reading on it.

I cooked a rom for my s3 no issues a tall,

I did exactly the same for my s4(but with s4 stock rom obviously) and the rom will not flash, get an error 7 when it flashes boot img,

Or the flash just hangs completely

I've tried to make sense of all the issues people have had/resolved throughout the 2 active threads for s4.

Mine is GT9505 which I understand is supported.

I use Ubuntu to run kitchen (on windows right now).

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at my updater-script to see if any noticable issues as i belive thats where my issue lies.

I've always fully relied on Kitchen to make it so have basic knowledge of it, and reading up on it is taking some time.

I wont upload it now in case this isn't really where this belongs.

A point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

You use the last version of the kitchen?

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah I believe so,

Just for clarification the latest version is "0.223_rev9" ?

Hi,
The latest version is 0.223_rev9a, but that shouldn't matter in your case. You say there was an issue with how the boot.img was flashed (which is usually one of the reasons for a Status 7).

Can you go to the tools/edify_defs folder of the kitchen, open up GT-I9505 file, and change "fix_boot2=true" to become "fix_boot=true".
Sometimes the custom recovery you are using is picky about the syntax to use for the boot.img. I know for the North American S3 I had to use "fix_boot" because people started using a custom recovery that was incompatible with fix_boot2.

Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: AlEjAnDrO812

jba.33a

Oct 29, 2010
i9505 working

Just to inform.

I changed use_this_version.txt to 1.4.2; changed GT-I9505 file in edify_defs from fix_boot2=yes to fix_boot=yes.

Rooted, busybox, zipalign.

Deodexed Email separately, changing api to 16 within kitchen.

Flashed with twrp 2.5.0.2.

Success - it works.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I downloaded it Monday and even though 1.4.2 was in there, default was still set to 2.0b4. I had to change it in the file.
I'm using at&t s4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The default was set 5 days ago, so should have been there by Monday:

https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen/blob/master/tools/deodex_files/use_this_version.txt

What was the error you saw that caused you to change the update binary? It works fine for the Canadian I337 though. Must be all the different custom recoveries.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @dsixda In post #3 of the original dsixda thread (where there is the set up for the mac os x) you can update the wget installation for os x 10.8+ cause you have to give
    Code:
    ./configure --with-ssl=openssl
    or you would get the
    Code:
    configure: error: --with-ssl was given, but GNUTLS is not available.

Installing wget that way works fine on os x 10.8+ ;)

cheers

Ok, done. Thanks, I'll take your word for it ;)

So is everyone ok with the updates for the AT&T/Rogers/Bell/Telus SGS4?
    I might as well just tag it as a version 0.224 and be done with it. I haven't had any feedback for the other variants on the other subforums but I'll update later if necessary.
    I cant do a logcat while booting.. only start do it when the phone have booted and with the rom it stuck on boot logo

I start adb logcat in my pc..flash the rom..connect the phone to pc..reboot the phone and stuck in boot logo..the logcat say waiting for device

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M usando Tapatalk 2

It seems like there is a problem with the kernel/boot.img, perhaps it is not getting flashed. I noticed that the I9505 ROMs flash the boot.img in a different manner.

Can you update your /tools/edify_defs for SGH-I337 to use "fix_boot2=yes" instead of fix_boot=yes? And try building again.

Alternatively, you can just download 0.223_rev4,
    https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen/tags

Your updater-script should now have a different instruction for flashing boot.img.
    I updated the kitchen to version 0.224 yesterday. Thanks for your help guys!
    When you add supports what's changing per say. Is it mostly just mount points and partitions for the updater script ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

More than that, it's not just a couple of files. Everything is shown in the commit log in GitHub.

ie. https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen/commit/5d6338d96f4cffdf3f76af16485bb4f9c3d848a0
    I have the recovery.log but I cant post external links

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M usando Tapatalk 2

Just paste it at pastebin.org and take out the http part in URL.

By the way, I did a comparison of the original boot.img and the new boot.img through the kitchen, and the ramdisk size is wrong. See attachment. I will look into it later, I'm busy right now.

5i5afQ6.jpg