[Guide] Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST |2014.07.08|

Search This thread

darkkfruit

Feb 19, 2014
If I use the stock recovery I get some error and it won't install.
If I use CWM I do not get the error but it doesn't install either.
I'll try to flash another stock rom and try to root.

darkkfruit

Feb 19, 2014
Somehow I managed to unlock.
I used an rom with SU installed already and searched for an app that gives me the unlock number.
The app apparently pulled out the mdl5 file and couldn't read it . Found it on the SD Card and searched for it.
The phone will stay unrooted for now.
Thanks for the tips.

D

Deleted member 5617821

Somehow I managed to unlock.
I used an rom with SU installed already and searched for an app that gives me the unlock number.
The app apparently pulled out the mdl5 file and couldn't read it . Found it on the SD Card and searched for it.
The phone will stay unrooted for now.
Thanks for the tips.

Actually all custom roms have su installed by default. Glad to see you finally got it working :)

Reactions: brijeshep

rixrasta

Oct 2, 2012
Well, my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 came with an android version 2.2.1 . Bought it basically when they first came to stores. You don't have firmware for this OS-system in the list. So do I have to find my firmware elsewhere? any suggestions where? Do I have to do anything else differently? I would not like to upgrade my OS because I like the one I have. Or is this thread for gingerbread 2.3+ only? If so then do you know any other good threads for me :D

I'd rather not start experimenting before im 100% sure :D

melders.janis

Jun 18, 2014
Gapps

Hi everyone. I'm searching for usable Gapps version to - CyanogenMod 11 Kitkat - Builds @ androidarmv6.org
I had tryed many times, but still i had keyboard error, and other problems

D

Deleted member 5617821

Well, my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 came with an android version 2.2.1 . Bought it basically when they first came to stores. You don't have firmware for this OS-system in the list. So do I have to find my firmware elsewhere? any suggestions where? Do I have to do anything else differently? I would not like to upgrade my OS because I like the one I have. Or is this thread for gingerbread 2.3+ only? If so then do you know any other good threads for me :D

I'd rather not start experimenting before im 100% sure :D

If you would like to upgrade to Samsung official Gingerbread 2.3.x firmaware, then you can use the following link. Just follow all the instruction in that thread. Here is the link,

All Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Stock Firmwares (2.3.X) Ever Released

Gingerbread is much more stable and better than Froyo (Android 2.2.1). This thread is mainly directed to Gingerbread and above versions of android. Hope I Helped :)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Hi everyone. I'm searching for usable Gapps version to - CyanogenMod 11 Kitkat - Builds @ androidarmv6.org
I had tryed many times, but still i had keyboard error, and other problems

Try this version of Gapps by mardon. Here is the link,

Mini-Gapps for [Android 4.4.2/CM11/Omnirom]

Hope I Helped :)

eclipse_cyp

Jul 9, 2014
Hello,

I'd like to increase the memory dedicated to applications only (which is currently around 180MB in total on stock rom). Is this possible without rooting or installing another rom? If yes, how can I do it? Every tutorial on the web has the same steps with this mini tool partition software but it doesn't work.

If there is no way to do this without rooting, can you explain me the steps after rooting and installing cwm?

Thank you very much.

D

Deleted member 5617821

Hello,

I'd like to increase the memory dedicated to applications only (which is currently around 180MB in total on stock rom). Is this possible without rooting or installing another rom? If yes, how can I do it? Every tutorial on the web has the same steps with this mini tool partition software but it doesn't work.

If there is no way to do this without rooting, can you explain me the steps after rooting and installing cwm?

Thank you very much.

Only way you can increase your internal memory is by rooting your device. Bro, you can follow the guidelines provided in the OP to root and install CWM. As for increasing the memory, I recommend Link2SD over other memory expanding scripts as the latter can really slow down your device. Here is the guide on how to set up and install Link2SD,

[Guide] partition and link2sd [pictures included for each step]

Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: eclipse_cyp
Jul 5, 2014
Thrissur
Hello,

Thank you very much.

You have to root my friend. Partition your SD card with CWM and Flash PSN>> Kernel. In mine it has ~500 MB . You can increase if you want. You can also overclock if you install PSN>> Kernel , which can increase performance and also flash Adrenaline engine, which can increase touch sensitivity and performance. Don't install link2sd or any such apps. I believe it will help you. :)

Note : It can only be done, if you didn't install any custom ROMs, i.e., only for Stock ROMs.

Kindly,
MZ

D

Deleted member 5617821

You have to root my friend. Partition your SD card with CWM and Flash PSN>> Kernel. In mine it has ~500 MB . You can increase if you want. You can also overclock if you install PSN>> Kernel , which can increase performance and also flash Adrenaline engine, which can increase touch sensitivity and performance. Don't install link2sd or any such apps. I believe it will help you. :)

Note : It can only be done, if you didn't install any custom ROMs, i.e., only for Stock ROMs.

Kindly,
MZ

Frankly, you need atleast a class 6 or above SD Card to get the maximum out of this kernel. This is because /data is moved to /sd-ext and SD Card R/W speed much less than internal memory R/W speed. Overclocking will make you feel like you phone is on fire but don't forget this will damage your phone in the long run. OC can not only heat up your processor & other internal circuits but also has a very bad affect on the battery. You can use Adrenaline Engine Script on any rom that has init.d support. By default, stock roms doesn't have init.d support but flashing any stock based kernel like cf root kernel, etc will enable it.

Jul 5, 2014
Thrissur
Frankly, you need atleast a class 6 or above SD Card to get the maximum out of this kernel. This is because /data is moved to /sd-ext and SD Card R/W speed much less than internal memory R/W speed. Overclocking will make you feel like you phone is on fire but don't forget this will damage your phone in the long run. OC can not only heat up your processor & other internal circuits but also has a very bad affect on the battery. You can use Adrenaline Engine Script on any rom that has init.d support. By default, stock roms doesn't have init.d support but flashing any stock based kernel like cf root kernel, etc will enable it.
About Overclocking :
I overclocked my device to 960 MHz but I recommend you to overclock to 902 MHz first and increase it later if it is lag free, Governor - smartassv2 using NoFrillsCPU. No problem with it. Battery duration is same as earlier and no heating up. :eek:

About Adrenaline Engine :
You don't want init.d support for Adrenaline Engine. PSN>> Kernel may get error if you install any init.d script . Adrenaline Engine has been released for PSN>> Kernel. Check the post for more details. You can download it here. :eek:

Kindly,
MZ

D

Deleted member 5617821

About Overclocking :
I overclocked my device to 960 MHz but I recommend you to overclock to 902 MHz first and increase it later if it is lag free, Governor - smartassv2 using NoFrillsCPU. No problem with it. Battery duration is same as earlier and no heating up. :eek:

You may not find any problem now but you will eventually. There is a reason why OC was not introduced on the stock rom. My earlier post was more like a precaution ;)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

About Adrenaline Engine :
You don't want init.d support for Adrenaline Engine. PSN>> Kernel may get error if you install any init.d script . Adrenaline Engine has been released for PSN>> Kernel. Check the post for more details. You can download it here. :eek:

Adrenaline Engine is a performance enhancing script. For any script to work, you need init.d support. There reason you can install Adrenaline Engine after the installing psn kernel is because installing a custom kernel, in this case psn kernel, enables init.d support to stock rom. I know that we have Adrenaline incorporated psn kernel. I merely said that you can install Adrenaline Engine on any rom with init.d support ;)

Jul 5, 2014
Thrissur
You may not find any problem now but you will eventually. There is a reason why OC was not introduced on the stock rom. My earlier post was more like a precaution ;)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Adrenaline Engine is a performance enhancing script. For any script to work, you need init.d support. There reason you can install Adrenaline Engine after the installing psn kernel is because installing a custom kernel, in this case psn kernel, enables init.d support to stock rom. I know that we have Adrenaline incorporated psn kernel. I merely said that you can install Adrenaline Engine on any rom with init.d support ;)
Adrenaline is there for PSN>> Kernel. Thanks, I was thinking in a different direction and reached to a wrong way. Now I understand. :)
Kindly,
MZ

Top Liked Posts