modified: Installing & Run application on sdcard

Search This thread

joadchob

Apr 17, 2009
Lima
Help phone is not booting

Hello guys, i would like to ask your help, today i followed a post by jdc4429 to allocate my app in my sdcard, i downloaded the file ANDROID2SD.ZIP, which contains the files app2sd1.bat & app2sd2.bat, cache2EXT2.bat, data2EXT2.bat i followed the instructions and i finally could install my apps into my sdcard but when i was using my ahome i realized that it make me close the applications a lot of time, the last time it said something force or wait i clicked in force and it seems was stick so i rebooted and then it couldnt enter to the system, it showed the android image, the green one, one and more times, its seems is loading but then it showed again, the problem probably is the microsd, cause it seems the system is trying to boot from the sd which i dont understand, i tried to take out my sdcard but then the system seems to not load, cause it only show me my boot image not enter to the green android, i entered to fastboot but my phone is not in debuging mode cause the last time i unchecked that option, now i dont know what to do...im wondering if i delete the partition i did, it could resolve the problem, but i didnt try im afraid to break my phone, i also wanted to upgrade from the bootloader with an NBH but i dont know if that will resolve the problem i have a rooted phone with hardspl, everything was working fine before i allocate my apps in my sdcard, please please i need some help...i cant use my phone now, i feel so sad...buuu.
By the way i have jesusfreke rc33.

:(

joadchob

Apr 17, 2009
Lima
I could resolved my problem was not so difficult as i thought i just did the hard rest and it works now my phone is working :D, additionally i would like to comment my case, my phone was crashed cause i allocate my apps to a particion ext 2, i used some bat commands through adb, the things is that made my system unstable and then when i turned on i couldn’t load the home screen, after i did the hard reset everything looks fine but it seems my all app still are running in the ext2 partition cause I have droidsans working and I had everything(without apps) I did in my phone before, like boot image, multitouch and my firmware and os is the same..RC33 JF, im wondering if I could delete the ext2 partition or it can damage my phone any idea.

T

The Reverend Gridlock

Hey step up to the big legues and join the rest of us with cupcake builds with donut sprinkles, apps2sd is auto and we have ext3 and ext4, linux swap and a whole bunch of good stuff

AnGeL_WiT_SiNs

Aug 28, 2009
texas
sd switch

Hello people..i was wondering if i can get some help here.. ive tried searching the forums and unless i missed something but couldnt find what i needed to know so hopefully im not posting this question where its been answered in another thread but here it goes.......

I have a one gig sd card with currently running on my g1 its 627mb with 329mb in the ext3 partition..running cm mod 4.1.999... with over naahh only 52 running apps that are in the second partition..WELL! i just recently bought
a 4gig class 2 sdhc memory card.. my question is how would i transfer all my data on my 1 gig to my new 4 gig card without messing anything up..i ran the fat32+ext2+32mb swap off my recovery mode on my new 4 gig..im using amon ra recovery..

Then i installed wubi on my windows computer that way it can read my memory cards second partition..i tried to just copy from one card to the other and the fat32 copied with no problem but when i tried to move the second partioned files to the newley 4 gig card it said i didnt have permission...can someone help me solve this.. i would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate if some one can help or maybe direct me to the right threat in which this question being answered.. i really want to switch my memory card for more space but i want to do it where i wont mess anything up cuz right now my phone is running real smooth...please help!

Mod edit: Please refrain from double posting, should you not receive an immediate answer from the XDA answering service you might try a forum search using google. We really do have a big knowledge base.

Last edited by a moderator:

lbingham

Aug 11, 2008
Bonney Lake, WA
Hello people..i was wondering if i can get some help here.. ive tried searching the forums and unless i missed something but couldnt find what i needed to know so hopefully im not posting this question where its been answered in another thread but here it goes.......

I have a one gig sd card with currently running on my g1 its 627mb with 329mb in the ext3 partition..running cm mod 4.1.999... with over naahh only 52 running apps that are in the second partition..WELL! i just recently bought
a 4gig class 2 sdhc memory card.. my question is how would i transfer all my data on my 1 gig to my new 4 gig card without messing anything up..i ran the fat32+ext2+32mb swap off my recovery mode on my new 4 gig..im using amon ra recovery..

Then i installed wubi on my windows computer that way it can read my memory cards second partition..i tried to just copy from one card to the other and the fat32 copied with no problem but when i tried to move the second partioned files to the newley 4 gig card it said i didnt have permission...can someone help me solve this.. i would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate if some one can help or maybe direct me to the right threat in which this question being answered.. i really want to switch my memory card for more space but i want to do it where i wont mess anything up cuz right now my phone is running real smooth...please help!

Well, first, I would boot with the old SD and get Backup for Root Users. Run an all-inclusive back up with that. Then, I would update to CM's latest update, with my new SD. Log in and go to the market and get Backup for Root again. Then, put both cards into your PC and copy the BackupRoot folders. Then, run Backup for Root and do an all-inclusive restore.

That's just my method. I think your phone will look identical after that since only apps are stored on the 2nd partition. Then, you can still have copied everything from your 1st partition and ignore your permission issues.

Good luck.

AnGeL_WiT_SiNs

Aug 28, 2009
texas
Well, first, I would boot with the old SD and get Backup for Root Users. Run an all-inclusive back up with that. Then, I would update to CM's latest update, with my new SD. Log in and go to the market and get Backup for Root again. Then, put both cards into your PC and copy the BackupRoot folders. Then, run Backup for Root and do an all-inclusive restore.

That's just my method. I think your phone will look identical after that since only apps are stored on the 2nd partition. Then, you can still have copied everything from your 1st partition and ignore your permission issues.

Good luck.

thanks alot im gonna try that out...thanks much

Psyber.Netik

Apr 30, 2009
Procedure:
1. adb pull /system/etc/mountd.conf /*somewhere you may want to back it up*
2. rm -f /system/etc/mountd.conf

I'm on a Motorola Backflip running 2.1-update1. I don't have a mountd.conf file at that location. I do have a vold.conf file that seems to be it's replacement. Can anybody confirm that the posted mountd.conf file works to replace my vold.conf file?

I've attached a text version of my vold.conf file.

Attachments

• vold.txt
    290 bytes · Views: 3

Effdee

Mar 14, 2011
I'm on a Motorola Backflip running 2.1-update1. I don't have a mountd.conf file at that location. I do have a vold.conf file that seems to be it's replacement. Can anybody confirm that the posted mountd.conf file works to replace my vold.conf file?

I've attached a text version of my vold.conf file.

do you see post #208?

This is verrrryyyy old and APPs2SD is the nam for it now and is automatic as long as a EXT is present on your sd.

that was posted over a year ago

also this is G1 forum, you may have better luck reading a Forum dedicated to your device

Psyber.Netik

Apr 30, 2009
also this is G1 forum, you may have better luck reading a Forum dedicated to your device

I don't see a listing for my Backflip under the Motorola device listings. I know about apps2sd/apps2ext but I can't find a download to install it. I'm thinking AT&T is blocking it along with a few others on their market.