[Q] Help New HTC One X user

Search This thread

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
Sorry for creating new thread, I did it because am finding it difficult to search it here.
Am and android novice and got HOX new, I need guide or link to the following questions.

1. My HOX is running on ICS 4.0.4, what is the latest version for the device and how can I update it.

2.How can I root the device?

3.I need step by step on how to flash my HOX with Custom Rom (both how to back up incase of bricking)

4. I wish to learn more about HOX, guide or link would be appreciated.

Thanks

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
Thank you for the reply, please what is the latest stock version of HTC one X and please help me with link for stable Custom Rom (4.3 or 4.4), am having problem of choice on the above link.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Officially we are on 4.2.2 sense 5. Only CM custom builds are on 4.4. You can only go there if your hboot is high enough (safe is to be on 1.36/1.39 or higher)

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
Please how do I check my Hboot, kindly do me a favour by providing the direct link to the above ROM you mentioned.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Hboot number is stated in the bootloader and all those roms are in the original android dev section

Reactions: Acupuncture

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Please how do I check my Hboot, kindly do me a favour by providing the direct link to the above ROM you mentioned.
you can check hboot by pressing volume down and power button at the same time do not release until your phone boots back into a white screen
search for the hboot line also check if your phone is s-on or s-off

cm 11(nightlies):http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583037
root guide video
1/2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeq8Jx28cs
2/2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lMHUgxwww
hit thanks If i helped you

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
you can check hboot by pressing volume down and power button at the same time do not release until your phone boots back into a white screen

root guide video

Pardon my question,
How do I go back to normal screen after checking the Hboot?
I have seen CM nightlis, I need 4.2.2 sense 5 he mention. I will be glad if you provide me with the link

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Pardon my question,
I have seen CM nightlis, I need 4.2.2 sense 5 he mention. I will be glad if you provide me with the link

go to fastboot with volume keys (up down) select fastboot(with on/off key) then select reboot

to update to sense 5
if you are not rooted(back in the fastboot screen unlocked= rooted locked+ no root)
go to settings=>about phone=>software updates
if you are rooted you must first relock bootloader flash original firmware which you will have backed up while rooting(nandroid)

Last edited:
Reactions: electorn

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014

go to fastboot with volume keys (up down) select fastboot(with on/off key) then select reboot

to update to sense 5
if you are not rooted(back in the fastboot screen unlocked= rooted locked+ no root)
if you are rooted you must first relock bootloader flash original firmware which you will have backed up while rooting(nandroid)

I saw
***LOCKED***
S-ON
Hboot- 1.12.0000
eMMC -bootmode: disable
CPU -bootmode: disable
HW Secure boot: enable
Modem path: Off

Can I upgrade to 4.2.2 without locking or unlocking anything?
I don't have anything installed on the fone expect few pictures, is there any need for back up?
Can you help me with step to do nandroid back.
A Video can also be an added bonus.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
I saw
***LOCKED***
S-ON
Hboot- 1.12.0000

I don't have anything installed on the fone expect few pictures, is there any need for back up?

yes just update your phone thru settings=>about phone(the last option)=>software updates

to do a nandroid backup you must unlock and flash custom recovery (video 1/2) do not flash a custom rom then simply in your recovery go to "backup & restore" and backup everything

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
yes just update your phone thru settings=>about phone(the last option)=>software updates

to do a nandroid backup you must unlock and flash custom recovery (video 1/2) do not flash a custom rom then simply in your recovery go to "backup & restore" and backup everything

Do I need Nandroid app or is it in the recovery?
Help post a link of recovery that I should use.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Is nandroid the only back up I need if I want to flash custom rom, I aslo heard about flashing Kernel...can you throw more light on that please.

yes nandroid also backups kernel
just follow the videos and you should be fine
now you should do stuff in the following order
update phone=>unlock bootloader=>flash custom recovery(cwm if you want cm11)=>flash boot.img in fastboot=> flash rom and gapps

Last edited:

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014
update phone=>unlock bootloader=>flash custom recovery(cwm if you want cm11)=>flash boot.img in fastboot=> flash rom and gapps

I think am getting better now, a friend told me that I need network to flash KERNEL before I can flash custom rom. How true is that?

Is it possible to unlock bootloader without been connected to the internet?

Like how many MB will it take to upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.2.2 (Data subscription is a bit high in my location)

Thanks for bringing to your precious time to assist me.

Acupuncture

Jan 2, 2014

Is flashing custom recovery the same as nandroid backup, if NO! Please tell me how to do it.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
I think am getting better now, a friend told me that I need network to flash KERNEL before I can flash custom rom. How true is that?

Is it possible to unlock bootloader without been connected to the internet?

Like how many MB will it take to upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.2.2 (Data subscription is a bit high in my location)

Thanks for bringing to your precious time to assist me.

600mb
cm11 and gapps is 300 mb
and then a recovery + files
approx 1gb for everything

a nandroid backup is just a backup of your original rom(or custom rom)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hboot number is stated in the bootloader and all those roms are in the original android dev section

root guide video
    Pardon my question,

to update to sense 5
    I saw
    ***LOCKED***
    S-ON
    Hboot- 1.12.0000

Is nandroid the only back up I need if I want to flash custom rom, I aslo heard about flashing Kernel...can you throw more light on that please.