[ENG.DEV.] Sony Bravia Engine -DHD- HQ IMAGE/MOVIE Quality Improvements

1,542 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,374

Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2011, 08:01 PM |#61  
Flag Androidpolis
Thanks Meter: 148

More
i installed the .zip v1 of runnymede 4.0 but didnt notice any difference... is somethinf wrong? can someone post some samples? thanks
19th November 2011, 09:01 PM |#62  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Exclamation No Difference
I noticed a yellowish hue on the DHD screen nothing else where as people givin der scrren shots does'nt makes any difference with my I took 5 scrren shots on NORMAL screen as well as Bravia Engine screen bt when I transfer dem on system d c dem side by side no diffeerence at all and by the WHERE DOES THIS ENGINE WORK.......CAN NE BODY DESCRIBE IT....IS IT JST THE VIDEOS AND PHOTOS RECORDED.....OR ITS THE DISPLAY....dont cum to knw whts the sense behind posting d pics coz as far as I knw bravia engine is display engine and not camera engine :P
19th November 2011, 09:24 PM |#63  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 25

More
The engine acts like a display "booster". It will not improve the quality of the pictures taken, it will improve the way they look on your DHD with Bravia Engine.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cpx07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cpx07 Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 09:32 PM |#64  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Talking
useless improvement
19th November 2011, 09:47 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo-

Without Bravia

With Bravia

Sorry, could not get the preview to be small, could not be arsed to resize the images either

on these samples can see the difference..
19th November 2011, 09:53 PM |#66  
Flag The Metropolitan Borough of Gateshead
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domanscy

on these samples can see the difference..

Well yeah, they're two different photos taken with the camera at different times. That's not going to demonstrate anything to do with this "engine" (they're clearly metered differently for one thing).
19th November 2011, 10:13 PM |#67  
Flag Androidpolis
Thanks Meter: 148

More
well actually i can see a very little difference while surfing in my gallery photos of RCMix v.40.. when you change from a photo to another one, there is a little "like animation that i havent noticed before the patch.. so maybe this could be one thing?
19th November 2011, 10:51 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Has any one tried this on a honey sense HD ROM? I'm very interested in trying this out

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
19th November 2011, 10:58 PM |#69  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 458

More
Until this

option shows up, i'm calling it placebo.

There must be some magic on the sony framework, which we're missing.
And that's why the option doesn't show up with 2 files on the /etc folder, and a few settings on build.prop
The Following User Says Thank You to daedric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daedric Ad-Free
20th November 2011, 01:11 AM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedric

Until this

option shows up, i'm calling it placebo.

There must be some magic on the sony framework, which we're missing.
And that's why the option doesn't show up with 2 files on the /etc folder, and a few settings on build.prop

I think, sony framework is the main driver, what we have in the system/etc is just the configuration file. Without the main driver, there's no way we can alter DHD brightness/contrast other than the settings in display option.

And also, the size is too small to justify it as main driver. Heck, is not even a shell script..
20th November 2011, 01:21 AM |#71  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 520

More
From OP: "IT's A Post-Processing Engine, so you can view the improvements only on your phone's screen"
So you need to appreciate the difference when you have 2 DHD's next to each other. My household is lucky enough to have just that situation, so I've taken some photos of the phones themselves (left is WITHOUT bravia, right is WITH bravia)

it's actually pretty hard to appreciate the difference in these photos, but in real life there were definite differences. The picture of the kookaburra on the clothes line looked better WITH bravia, the picture of the Coke sign looked better WITHOUT bravia.

I'm happy at least that there's a difference, but it's like someone said a few pages back, it seems like it will depend on which picture you're looking at!

I've also attached the original photos in a zip to download if anyone wants a closer look
Attached Files
File Type: zip bravia.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.50 MB, 158 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to maatsby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maatsby Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)