[ROM]AOKP-Nook Color-Krylon360-Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bustedukulele

Mar 30, 2011
This ROM is so awesome. Its fresh air for the nook.

I was wondering if anybody else is getting battery drain like crazy while its in sleep mode. I have it underclocked to 300. Do any other kernels work with this ROM?

DizzyDen

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks to the developers, this ROM just flies in mostly everything!

The only issue I have is in Youtube app. I have the 4/29 Gapps installed on a fresh install. Even in non-HQ mode, low res. videos play like slideshows.

Config: AOKP 40v5 installed on SanDisk Class4 uSDcard, 4/29 Gapps, 1200Mhz (max), 800Mhz (min) clock speeds, tried all available governors.

Any tips/help is greatly appreciated.

Try setting max clock to 1100 and see if that helps... some nooks have been known to not work well above that.

atiroch

Oct 15, 2007
To people with YouTube 'slideshow' issue, here's what I've found: in videos that have HQ as an option in the bottom left, if you disable the HQ, it'll go all slideshow on you (1-2 frames per second). If you leave HQ on, it'll work fine. For HD videos, HD will obviously not work, but I have not once had a 'slideshow' issue with HD videos turned to normal. I was using 1200 max and 800 min and 'performance' governor for the past 2 days when I observed this, btw.

However, I have a different issue with YouTube. 90% of the time when I pause a video, when I unpause, it'll go back to the beginning of the video and reload and the other 10% instead of playing the pre-buffered portion of the video after the pause moment, it'll reload from that point on. Anyone else getting this?

Also, the screen sensitivity seems a little high for my taste and scrolling through lists without selecting an item or long-pressing to select text or 'open in new tab' is incredibly hard most of the time. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can take it down a notch ? I already have a screen protector which made 'ghost presses' in Gingerbread disappear completely (before, they happened multiple times a day).

Overall, however, this is a better ROM than I'd ever imagined the little Nook to ever be running, so thousands of thanks to Krylon360 and everyone involved.

To people with YouTube 'slideshow' issue, here's what I've found: in videos that have HQ as an option in the bottom left, if you disable the HQ, it'll go all slideshow on you (1-2 frames per second). If you leave HQ on, it'll work fine. For HD videos, HD will obviously not work, but I have not once had a 'slideshow' issue with HD videos turned to normal. I was using 1200 max and 800 min and 'performance' governor for the past 2 days when I observed this, btw.

However, I have a different issue with YouTube. 90% of the time when I pause a video, when I unpause, it'll go back to the beginning of the video and reload and the other 10% instead of playing the pre-buffered portion of the video after the pause moment, it'll reload from that point on. Anyone else getting this?

Also, the screen sensitivity seems a little high for my taste and scrolling through lists without selecting an item or long-pressing to select text or 'open in new tab' is incredibly hard most of the time. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can take it down a notch ? I already have a screen protector which made 'ghost presses' in Gingerbread disappear completely (before, they happened multiple times a day).

Overall, however, this is a better ROM than I'd ever imagined the little Nook to ever be running, so thousands of thanks to Krylon360 and everyone involved.

i tried your leaving HD on and it seems to work. though i did get a little stuttering while it was still loading, but if i paused it and then i didnt have any problems. this was in the youtube app and with m.yahoo.com still had issues with the desktop youtube site. this was using the dolphinHD browser 8.5.1 and flash 11.1.115.11. i run 300/1100 with conservative.

have you tired the nook screen calibrator? its free
its in the its in the google play store

just make sure you run it with-out the usb in, apparently the touchscreen is ultra jumpy when the nook is powered and recalibrating it while its powered will make it even worse...

Last edited:
Reactions: slickie88

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011

Its quite the opposite for me.
When I leave HQ on, video never starts and I get playback error.
When I disable it, runs perfect.

Concerning battery drain, last night I had 1% loss for nine hours. Probably helped that wifi was off.

Also noticed a new glitch with Opera Mobile. It looks all the time like blur. Anyone else noticed that? Was working fine with Eyeballer's before.
And I don't know if this happens only to me, but AOKP statistics appear as notification all the time. Is this a way to persuade us to activate them?

Produced by NookColor at CM9 4.0.4

Last edited:

jahfry

Sep 13, 2010
Trying to decide on a ROM for my Nook ... wiped out my old CM7, tried stock again just for lulz.

I'm running AOKP m6 on my Captivate as of a few minutes ago. I know Nook isn't built by the AOKP team so just curious how long it will take for us to see a Nook version.

NOTE: I'm -not- meaning to sound impatient ... I recognize it takes some time ... just not familiar with how long for this particular combination as I hadn't touched my Nook in months until earlier this week. I'd just like to be able to get a solid build running on both devices and leave them for awhile longer.

pablortega

Mar 24, 2011
I just installed this ROM. I had CM7 mirage installed and all did was to boot in CWM wiped data cache and then installed the aokp zip and the gapps. I then rebooted.
Was this the right way to do it? Im asking because I dont feel the system as snapy as people are commenting in this thread.

btw, when trying to install apps from the marketing I was getting a 921 error. I needed to delete my account and the added from the market itself. Any one got this same error?
Cheers and thx

Last edited:
Trying to decide on a ROM for my Nook ... wiped out my old CM7, tried stock again just for lulz.

I'm running AOKP m6 on my Captivate as of a few minutes ago. I know Nook isn't built by the AOKP team so just curious how long it will take for us to see a Nook version.

NOTE: I'm -not- meaning to sound impatient ... I recognize it takes some time ... just not familiar with how long for this particular combination as I hadn't touched my Nook in months until earlier this week. I'd just like to be able to get a solid build running on both devices and leave them for awhile longer.

krylon360 has build 40 out for the nook
see the OP of this topic

you can install to emmc or sd

your other option is builds of cm9 by eyeballer and Samiam303
both of which i personnally had issues with hard lock-ups anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes while using; and why i switched to aokp as i have only had 1 locking up a week of use.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I just installed this ROM. I had CM7 mirage installed and all did was to boot in CWM wiped data cache and then installed the aokp zip and the gapps. I then rebooted.
Was this the right way to do it? Im asking because I dont feel the system as snapy as people are commenting in this thread.

btw, when trying to install apps from the marketing I was getting a 921 error. I needed to delete my account and the added from the market itself. Any one got this same error?
Cheers and thx

have you tried the following:
System Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> go to your google account and remove it. Then open your Play Store App and add the account from there.

infra_red_dude

Aug 21, 2009
Try setting max clock to 1100 and see if that helps... some nooks have been known to not work well above that.
Thanks for the suggestion. Doesn't seem to have any effect, though.

Perfect! I can see this exact behavior. HD videos won't play (obviously, known issue), videos that have an HQ will play fine only with HQ enabled and play as slide shows when HQ is disabled. For videos that don't have HQ, they won't play.

I'm wondering if this is a localized issue (affecting only some installs or for everyone else).

mr72

Aug 2, 2010
Austin, TX
FWIW, I gave this a really solid shot for a day, but I'm going back to what I had before.

I was really impressed with the battery life while using it, but I didn't ever put it to sleep. However, it was going less than 10%/hr while using it constantly with the screen on real bright. This is very promising. Using the "Tablet Tweaked" theme was very, very slow, borderline unusable, but either of the other themes worked fine. However, it is night and day slower compared with CM7.2. No comparison. In fact, I was having a hard time identifying a benefit over CM7.2 that I was running before. However, this isn't really the place to argue that.

There were a couple of deal-breakers for me that made me go back, but I was really impressed at how functional this ICS build was. I didn't expect it to be anything but buggy as a stray dog. Keep up the good work :) Maybe someone will port AOKP to my phone! That'd be killer.

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
VSEL, Clockspeed, Voltages...

I am curious as to what folk are successfully using with this ROM, and what utility you are using to get your settings. I've already found that Quickclock does not work for me, to figure out what settings to try... it just 'calibrates' until it goes negative.. thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

installation-1.png

1. Download AOKP
      Download GAPPS
      Load up CWMR Or TWRP
      Wipe Data cache system
      Install
      Reboot Let sit
      Download Goo Im
      Download Twrp IF your on CWMR
      Install TWRP
      Download Latest aokp for Nook color
      Download Latest Gapps
      Install
      REboot let sit
      Profit!
    downloads-4.png

1. Build 40
      Gapps
      Krylon360's Thread @ RootzWiki
    changelog-2.png

1. Build 39 His initial Release
      Build Had small issues with random lockups.

Build 40
      Most lockup issues fixed
      Slight issue with OpenGl
      Working on HD Playback

THANK
    Krylon360.... All credit goes to him.. I just re-posted this here for him. I will try to maintain this as best i can for him here if you have any questions feel free to follow the link to follow progress and ask questions @ rootz or here..
    M6 is on hold for the nook for a bit...well, this week at least. I'm frying bigger fish atm.

ro.build.display.id=full_encore-eng 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.krylon.20120710.001331 test-keys
    ro.build.version.incremental=eng.krylon.20120710.001331
    UI is accelerated. OpenGL is enabled. Working on other stuff as we speak. Hope to have flash working tonight then I can concentrate on completing the port of OMAP_ENHANCEMENT.
    Yes. Read the last page of the cm9/cm10 progress thread, and the last page of the 3.x kernel thread. Hope to have some big changes later on this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    this was never really intended to be a fully public release. There were requests for me to post it, so I did.
    I was asked if I could help out with the CM9 issues, then JB Source dropped, and we started focusing on CM10.