Using a voice 'three' network sim in a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 4g

Search This thread

Ncow07

Jun 21, 2014
Hi, I have the UK 4G galaxy tab 3 8.0. I've been using a Three network voice/text/data sim in it for a few months, till I tried to go on the the browser and it said 'Your Sim Will Only Work in Your Phone'. Tried everything I could think of to get it to work. I called the network explained that my tab was a phone because I've been making calls off of it. They was having none of it and said my sim will no longer work for data inside my tab....killer!! It's my only source of internet and I haven't got another device to use it with. I was thinking possibly if I root it, there may be a utility which allows me to change what my tab is seen as. For example change it so it's recognised as a phone and then my sim will start working again. It's never going to work again as it is at the moment. I've rooted it before and didn't really want to do it again, because it kept screwing my data connection, I unrooted and it's been fine for weeks. Please someone help! If I have missed any details, sorry.

P.s the tab came from Vodafone UK with a sim contract that is not being used anymore, I bought the tab near enough brand new but still pre-owned.

Thanks anyway