Did you have to pay an activation fee with your Xoom?

Did you have to pay for activation on your Xoom?

• Nope! I got mine at Verizon!

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Yes, even though I got mine at Verizon.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No fee at BestBuy!

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • BestBuy forced me into the fee. I feel abused.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Costco is free of fees!

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Costco emptied my wallet with the fee, but 90 day returns feels nice.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Yes, I paid it, but I wanted a data plan anyhow.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

sddenizen

Oct 18, 2010
Got my zoom at Verizon and told them that Bestbuy was waiving activation fee so mine got waived as well.

Droid.Modr

Sep 5, 2010
I got mine from Costco. All I had to pay for in the store was the tablet, but the activation fee and first month of service will be coming!

gigglebox

Feb 22, 2011
D.C. Metro
What Im having a hard time with is that (as far as I can tell) I got the Xoom, signed up for a 2yr contract and STILL didnt have to pay for activation...

That doesnt seem to track, but then again, given the wide-range of experiences today... I guess anything is possible.

setite

Apr 25, 2006
Happy Xoom Day!!! I love this thing already.. its so pretty. The screen looks great to me.

I skipped the activation on the device and disabled data, and I will call Verizon later today to cancel. It looks, from what they said, that I will still get the Mail In Rebate...

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
What Im having a hard time with is that (as far as I can tell) I got the Xoom, signed up for a 2yr contract and STILL didnt have to pay for activation...

That doesnt seem to track, but then again, given the wide-range of experiences today... I guess anything is possible.

If you bought from costco its on your verizon bill.

fieryavenger

Nov 3, 2010
I went to best buy this morning and picked up pre order and didn't have to pay activation fee or pay for month of 3g. Pretty nice.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

blozout

Nov 14, 2009

Yeah. They mail you the bill. When I purchased the month to month I asked if they needed my credit card and they told me no, the bill would come in the mail from Verizon. I called VZ within 3 minutes of leaving the store and canceled the plan. I may still receive a bill but it will show a zero balance.

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
Looks like costco isn't budging, went to another store and no good without activation.

Sent from my EVO using XDA App

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
I have a pre-order at Bestbuy but called Verizon store and the rep there told me that I don't have to activate it if I don't want. I did tell her that I had a pre-order at BB and that I would rather buy from them anyway. She is holding one for me and with no activation or credit check needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's when the Costco Verizon Rep needs to call a Corp store and ask them. This is what I will tell them when I get there

I'm ahead of you, I already printed out the Engadget article to show them :). I will most definitely be forcing them to call whoever would be up to date.
    What's the warranty like. Do you get the Costco 90 day warranty OR the Verizon 14 day warranty? Was there other people there getting the Xoom as well

You have to break your contract within 14 days if you sign a 2 year. You have 90 days to return the device. You have a 1 year manufactur warranty. You have 3 days to cancel and not pay the activation fee. I was the only one :)