T-Mobile Blocking Wi-Fi Tether

Search This thread

hatchback

Jun 10, 2008
Your instructions did the job!

No need for a degree to go to Google play and install a few apps . Here's the instructions from my tether tread .

------------------------------------

Found a solution to tmobiles user agent sniffer .

**Must be rooted for this to work * *

Steps:

1. Get TrevE Mod tether app
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34037922
(you will not get a internet connection using any other tether app while using the VPN app)

2. Get Hotspot Shield VPN
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...id.vpn&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
(was mentioned in earlier post but couldn't get it to work)

3. Start Hotspot Shield VPN and connect

4. Start TrevE Mod Tether app

Problems?

Hotspot Shield does not connect or you get error 1028?

Get Tun.Ko from market and install it
Repeat step 3 and 4
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hZWQudHVuLmluc3RhbGxlciJd

Connected device does not receive internet?

In TrevE Mod tether app go to settings and select Device profile and select Generic ICS/JB wanl0 . Now select setup and select Netd-Ndc master . Check box that says send Nets Max client . Check box WiFi-Reloads driver 2 . Check Routing fix .You may need to change ssid too .

I am using Chrome with no user agent switcher and no longer get errors when trying to play youtube videos

Please hit the Thanks Button

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

WillieWonka1985

Jun 29, 2012
seattle
Q. Anyone know of an OP to get s3 to work with open vpn for android?
THANKS IN ADVANCE! !!
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

I'm running stock 4.1.1 but am willing to try others if need be.

Last edited:

gman411

Nov 4, 2009
Ca
So it looks like T-Mobile is blocking wi-fi tether now. It was working perfect ever since I bought my S3, but today I turn on wifi tether and all is working then I get two text messages from T-mobile (see attached image). AS soon as I received the second message my tether stopped working. I am rooted running XquizIt v70 Rom, KT747 9-5 Kernel WiFi tether 3.2 beta 2. My computer I was tethering to is a MacBook Pro running Lion using google chrome browser.

This is just a heads up to you guys and if anyone knows a workaround let me know.

Wifi tethering app in playstore along with firefox browser worked!

infectedspam

Oct 25, 2010
Anyone know if the TrevE Wifi-Tether works with rooted stock 4.2.2? I've been waiting to update because I must have tether working.

bx10r

Apr 9, 2010
just search for treve mod and use that instead of native tether . You must be rooted . You also need to use a vpn . There are no line of code that need to be changed .

Sent from my sgh-t959 using xda premium

i tried trev e mod and it didint work fo me...can u post the link of the one u used? And when u say vpn what do u mean?

Mintymouse

Feb 24, 2013
Does anyone else have the issue where you cannot turn on your wifi after using Wifi Tether for Root users? I tried clicking the shortcut toggle or even go into settings, but I cannot turn on wifi at all. The only fix is to reset my phone.

Is this normal? My SIII is CF-Auto Rooted running 4.1.2.

Thanks!

TechGuy334

Mar 24, 2013
Does anyone else have the issue where you cannot turn on your wifi after using Wifi Tether for Root users? I tried clicking the shortcut toggle or even go into settings, but I cannot turn on wifi at all. The only fix is to reset my phone.

Is this normal? My SIII is CF-Auto Rooted running 4.1.2.

Thanks!

That app doesn't work you need the treve mod wifi tether app and hotspot shield vpn to stop the tmobile wifi block.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mintymouse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holy crap! Is there anyway to do this without getting a degree just to understand all the jargon that's used? I swear there must be a video out there that shows you step by step on how to tether safely without hopefully getting caught. I mean there's millions of videos on the Harlem shake out within just the last week. There's gotta be a good one we can use to get our devices to tether without having to pay for the crap tethering plan. So ridiculous how they let you do it, realize they're not making extra money on it then just lock it up and force you to pay afterward. It's like being a damn Indian giver.

No need for a degree to go to Google play and install a few apps . Here's the instructions from my tether tread .

------------------------------------

Found a solution to tmobiles user agent sniffer .

**Must be rooted for this to work * *

Steps:

1. Get TrevE Mod tether app
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34037922
    (you will not get a internet connection using any other tether app while using the VPN app)

2. Get Hotspot Shield VPN
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...id.vpn&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
    (was mentioned in earlier post but couldn't get it to work)

3. Start Hotspot Shield VPN and connect

4. Start TrevE Mod Tether app

Problems?

Hotspot Shield does not connect or you get error 1028?

Get Tun.Ko from market and install it
    Repeat step 3 and 4
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hZWQudHVuLmluc3RhbGxlciJd

Connected device does not receive internet?

In TrevE Mod tether app go to settings and select Device profile and select Generic ICS/JB wanl0 . Now select setup and select Netd-Ndc master . Check box that says send Nets Max client . Check box WiFi-Reloads driver 2 . Check Routing fix .You may need to change ssid too .

I am using Chrome with no user agent switcher and no longer get errors when trying to play youtube videos

Please hit the Thanks Button

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
    How do you set up encrypted VPN ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+set+up+an+encrypted+vpn

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    Instead of frivolous lawsuits the FTC needs to disfavor these charges it's the same network same data its our desecration how we use it we pay for it. Just a scam I say we boycott there bull

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Do you mean FCC?

I'm really on the fence about this. You're paying for mobile data on a cellular network so tethering and using it at home as your main connection doesn't seem right. I'm talking about the people who use 50-100GB, how much content can you consume JUST using your phone?. It also can hurt the cable companies by replacing them. The two services ARE different, or at least supposed to be.

I think that if people want unlimited AND tethering the should just pay the difference. I think hotspot is $10 a month? Compared to the other carriers you're still getting an amazing deal on tmo. And I want the FCC to stay out of it because if they get involved tmos prices will undoubtably be raised.

To me it's silly to say the FCC should get involved or that tmo is in the wrong when you aren't following the TOS you agreed to. Sure, I want more for less money too but that's not always how it works.

Just a quick note, why aren't people screaming about both cell lines being charged minutes when on a landline only one person pays for the call??
    Do you mean FCC?

I'm really on the fence about this. You're paying for mobile data on a cellular network so tethering and using it at home as your main connection doesn't seem right. I'm talking about the people who use 50-100GB, how much content can you consume JUST using your phone?. It also can hurt the cable companies by replacing them. The two services ARE different, or at least supposed to be.

I think that if people want unlimited AND tethering the should just pay the difference. I think hotspot is $10 a month? Compared to the other carriers you're still getting an amazing deal on tmo. And I want the FCC to stay out of it because if they get involved tmos prices will undoubtably be raised.

To me it's silly to say the FCC should get involved or that tmo is in the wrong when you aren't following the TOS you agreed to. Sure, I want more for less money too but that's not always how it works.

Just a quick note, why aren't people screaming about both cell lines being charged minutes when on a landline only one person pays for the call??

I have debate this so many times is not even funny this are smart phones,this phones are basically computers in miniature,in fact i use 10GB this month without tethering and i was taking it slow,i got back with T-mobile,and left sprint.

It doesn't matter if you get your connection by cable modem or phone you are paying for it,data is not free and is advertise as truly Unlimited without caps,even more when netflix and pandora are even use on the tv ad Netflix is not joke when it comes to streaming,either been on PC or cell phone it will consume heavy data period.

I try to tether and T-mobile send me a message telling me that if i want to tether is $15 extra,as fast as you read that message you see why T-mobile block tether the reason is money more money they don't care about data abuse they care that they don't get as much as they think they should.

I wish T-mobile was straight forward with their clients,and actually ad a plan that include everything all in one no hidden fee or caps,and charge what ever they believe is right,i would gladly pay $99 for unlimited data without caps and tether,but just say it so that people know what they get into.

In the end there is no way to abuse something that is sold to you as unlimited...

Sorry for bringing this thread to life again but i was trying to find something to tether,which is a feature of my phone not of T-mobile network.
    1,000GB

Finally hit 1,000GB (1TB) for this month!

2bwc5e.png

And I'm sure this is where some of you go "your the reason cellphone companies don't do this, your going to ruin it for all of us, you suck, your gay, etc"