[Q] Can i transfer system storage to data storage?

Search This thread

GokberkTunc

Jul 27, 2011
Ankara
Hi evereybody, i have nexus 5 16gb and i wonder this: i use cm 11 rom on my n5 and i edit ( erasing some unnecessary system apps for example talkback.apk etc ) before flashing the zip. And after flashing when i checked system storage on root explorer, i see there is some free space ( 600mb). can i use that free space for installing app or for storage?

Sorry for my english.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yes, you can use that space to install apps. Just put the apk file in /system/app/ or /system/priv-app/.. Fix permissions and reboot!

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Reactions: GokberkTunc

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
You can't realistically change the partition sizes. In theory yes, but it's way beyond anything I'd attempt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Well if it's the same as older HTC devices / older Nexus devices, we'd need a hacked bootloader first and I haven't seen one of those for a couple of years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GokberkTunc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you can use that space to install apps. Just put the apk file in /system/app/ or /system/priv-app/.. Fix permissions and reboot!

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
    Thanx for your answer and yes i already knew that, but i want something like partitioning. I can't explain that well, i think.

You can't realistically change the partition sizes. In theory yes, but it's way beyond anything I'd attempt.

Well if it's the same as older HTC devices / older Nexus devices, we'd need a hacked bootloader first and I haven't seen one of those for a couple of years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk