[TOOL] One Click CWM Recovery Install

Search This thread

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
Is this for windows only?

Yes right now. If someone wants to create a Mac/Linux version, that'd be awesome.

You can manually install by doing the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.3.1-evita-modaco.img
fastboot reboot

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
hmm install now or wait until its 100% what are the benefits for installing now? wow file is 7.2mb took over 8 minutes to download on my comcast 50MBPS internet!! servers must be getting bogged! lol

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
We definitely need someone that can do these conversions for mac on board. Hard out here for a mac user. LOL

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
We definitely need someone that can do these conversions for mac on board. Hard out here for a mac user. LOL

It's no harder than for the linux crowd. If you're familiar with Terminal, then adb commands should be second-nature.

That being said, if you look at the contents of the install.bat, you can see which commands are being run. Use those same commands from Terminal on your Mac, assuming you've already setup the Android SDK tools (adb and fastboot).

Here's where you get the Mac SDK: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
You needn't worry about setting up the Eclipse plugin or anything like that. Once you unpack the zip, you should find an "android" binary, which when run, will launch the SDK Manager. From there you select the Android SDK Tools. That will install adb. Select Android SDK Platform Tools and that should install fastboot.

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
hey i keep getting remote: signature verify fail. anyone else have this issue, is there a solution for it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What will this do?
    This will install CWM recovery on your bootloader unlocked HTC One XL (AT&T, Rogers, Asia, etc.)​

Download

Who do I thank?
    Don't thank me. Thank Paul O'Brien of MoDaCo for creating a usable recovery image.​
    Ok well it works. I held vol down and power til the both lights stopped flashing. Then released power while still holding vol down and it went into recovery. Im just a noob. First HTC phone.
    how long is this tool supposed to run? I clicked on the bat file and it is sitting there for sometime now.

you probably need to retick usb debugging after bootloader unlock
    Is this for windows only?

Yes right now. If someone wants to create a Mac/Linux version, that'd be awesome.

You can manually install by doing the following:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.3.1-evita-modaco.img
    fastboot reboot
    Sorry for the NOOB question, I am new to this....I had CWM installed and it was running after I installed... I restarted the phone and I was wondering how do I get back into CWM?

I have a Galaxy Note and usually I have the "CWM" inside my app list or I press the Power Button, Home and Volume UP.

Thanks in advance

goto your command shell and "adb reboot bootloader" once bootloader comes up go from fastboot to bootloader by clicking on it then in bootloader click on recovery. that be CWM. or just power off phone and hold volume down and power. clock on recovery.