[APP]-FD DroidBoot-Autostart Android!

Search This thread

roymontante77

May 28, 2010
my first post..

I've been reading these forums for quite some time now trying hard to not ask questions due to everyone doing it all the time.... but some of the questions in this thread omg... hilarious!! so i finally broke my silence just for them.. good stuff lol

LCAHMED

Aug 22, 2010
Black Screen

Hello, I am running froyostone 3.1. Android was running flawlessly no problems whatsoever, but then I decided "hey, if my phone ever dies, id really hate to waste 10 seconds of my life rebooting it pressing buttons." well now that ive installed FD DroidBoot, my phone is no longer stable, screen goes black and i have to take out battery to restart, but since i have droidboot, it is a viscious cycle. I even reformatted my sd card, and reinstalled froyostone, but it is still there?!?! wtf. Please tell me how to uninstall/ remove/ get rid of FD DroidBoot!

Leaf1110

May 28, 2010
i installed it but it didnt work when i turned the phone on it went straight to winmo and when i try reinstalling it on the phone it says it was unsuccessful help

janne303

Dec 3, 2008
Reuploaded on zshare.

To the people who say it doesnt work. Can you check in a registry editor if the value got added to init.
You are looking for:
Hkey_Local_Machine/init
And there should be a string value in there which says "Launch72" "Program Files/DroidBoot/Droidboot.exe" if its not there. That could be the problem.

Another idea is that it might not work on non WWE roms. Due to the storage card and or program files being named differently.

I have no lanuch72 there... how to fix?

luxusluxe

Aug 8, 2010
It doesn't work for me !
If I boot my Phone there comes the normal black screen , then about 1/2 second the black ANDROID & then starts WINDOWS MOBILE . . .
What should I Do ?

Please Help me :)

All in the right folders . . .

Deanman32

Nov 19, 2010
This is a great, simple application expecially if your download android onto a phone for someone who doesnt know much about it. Its also extremely simple to install. :D

JoeEss

Oct 29, 2008
Wow, thank you so much, i really appreciate your work!

I might have found the answer to some of the problems (especially German users):
On German WM Devices the Storage Card is known as "Speicherkarte" to the system, which might be the problem.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience in changing programming code or repacking .cab-files, otherwise I would already have tried to fix this.
So may I ask you:
Please try to make a "German version" of DroidBoot, it certainly would be highly appreciated by us German users :)

Thank you very much in advance,
JoeEss

Technoire

Jul 3, 2010
San Francisco, CA, USA
Great idea, but...

I need to uninstall this.
This app is a great idea, but I think I misunderstood it; I thought it would bypass the dualboot althogether, booting only Android at startup without WMO running in the background. I was wrong. No big deal, right?
Wrong. I haven't had a single stable boot since installing it -- On almost every boot, I get the white screen of death after the HTC logo, and the few successful boots are still unreliable; Sleep of death occurs if I lock the phone while it isn't loading something (so I basically, can't leave it idle unless I have music playing on mute. It will freeze while charging and then I sleep through my alarms.)
Really great idea, and maybe it works nicely for some of you, but I'd like to uninstall it now and I can't figure out how. Since I can only boot in Android now and can't have access to the SD card unless it's in the phone, I've been deleting the CAB file and all other traces of it, but when I reboot my phone, the files have reappeared and the same auto-boot happens again.
I'm not doing a hard reset and I'm not formatting my SD -- I've spent months making my phone almost perfect and I now use it for my job. I thought this app would make my phone better by cutting out WMO entirely, but I misunderstood and that's my fault.
Please, anyone, just tell me how I can uninstall this app. I need my functionality back... :(

If it helps, I'm using Darkstone 2.2 Desire build, looks like Senseless.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dixon_coxon

Jun 10, 2007
New Jerusalem
Have you tried any of the NAND Roms out there? With those you don't even get to see any winmo. The device is now an android device.

This app is a great idea, but I think I misunderstood it; I thought it would bypass the dualboot althogether, booting only Android at startup without WMO running in the background. I was wrong. No big deal, right?
Wrong. I haven't had a single stable boot since installing it -- On almost every boot, I get the white screen of death after the HTC logo, and the few successful boots are still unreliable; Sleep of death occurs if I lock the phone while it isn't loading something (so I basically, can't leave it idle unless I have music playing on mute. It will freeze while charging and then I sleep through my alarms.)
Really great idea, and maybe it works nicely for some of you, but I'd like to uninstall it now and I can't figure out how. Since I can only boot in Android now and can't have access to the SD card unless it's in the phone, I've been deleting the CAB file and all other traces of it, but when I reboot my phone, the files have reappeared and the same auto-boot happens again.
I'm not doing a hard reset and I'm not formatting my SD -- I've spent months making my phone almost perfect and I now use it for my job. I thought this app would make my phone better by cutting out WMO entirely, but I misunderstood and that's my fault.
Please, anyone, just tell me how I can uninstall this app. I need my functionality back... :(

Thanks.

Reactions: Technoire

GeorgeStorm

Jun 16, 2012
Sorry for the massive bump, recently got a HD2, and was wanting to use this to boot directly into android on the SD card.
The usb port is knackered, making flashing anything to the NAND near impossible.

However I don't understand what I'm meant to do with the .cab file?

Thanks for any help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DroidBoot

This is a small app I made to start Android / Linux at Windows Mobile boot.

Thanks to JMZtaylor and yozgatg for their dual-boots, I just got tired of clicking everytime I started my phone so made this.

I feel we are getting very close to a day to day usable version of Android! I already use it instead of windows mobile since about 6 days ago.

The .cab file installs the app to Program Files/DroidBoot. It also creates a reg entry to autostart the app which launches ClrCad.exe and HaRET.exe at boot if found. If HaRET.exe does not exist on Storage Card/ or in Storage Card/Android the app will exit and Windows Mobile will start as normal.

If you want to use WinMobile. Eject SD card before boot.

WARNING!! May cause Windows Mobile to become inaccessible if installed on a phone with only internal storage!

DroidBoot: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mfxl729wer606z4
    Mirror: http://www.zshare.net/download/786020585d402b1f/

Android on HD2 Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=719646

If it doesnt start and you get an error. you may need the .Net compact framework 3.5
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-3c6b-42f1-9fd9-0041345b3385&displaylang=en

Enjoy!!

GavTheStoner aka -=FD=-

Please dont just post "It doesnt work!" what doesnt work? Do you get an error? Help me to help you! ;)

This app may not work on non-WWE roms.
    Have you tried any of the NAND Roms out there? With those you don't even get to see any winmo. The device is now an android device.

Thanks.