[ROM][CM7.2] Magna Rom [CM10 Look] [BackPorted CM10 features] Alpha 2

Should the development of this rom be resumed?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Switch to newer android version

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Marius Cristian

May 10, 2011
I used this for a couple of days and i must say that it's bad ... in comparison with icysnap for example,the graphics are bad,the whole ui and animations are way smoother on ics,battery is about the same or better on ics,games performance again about the same.I played that illegal new game from market and worked fine so i guess it can t be better on gb.You just gotta use a good kernel.Apps like facebook for example are smoother on ics.Neko's hwa app is a blessing :D Anyway,I'm not talking only about icysnap(even if i consider it to be the best ics rom)...but all ics roms).The android improved from 1.6 to 4.2 and they didn't only changed the name,the ui,some animations and apps and that's it.They made android better so even if we have a pathetic video recording in ics,I think moving forward totally worths.So my advice for you,as a user who tested lots of roms and uses this phone for more than 2 years,go to ics or jb.I really hope that jb will have ics's functionality shortly...
I hope this won't discourage you,I just hope you got the message...start developing for ics or jb if you really like to improve this phone's performance.Thanks for you time ;)

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
I used this for a couple of days and i must say that it's bad ... in comparison with icysnap for example,the graphics are bad,the whole ui and animations are way smoother on ics,battery is about the same or better on ics,games performance again about the same.I played that illegal new game from market and worked fine so i guess it can t be better on gb.You just gotta use a good kernel.Apps like facebook for example are smoother on ics.Neko's hwa app is a blessing :D Anyway,I'm not talking only about icysnap(even if i consider it to be the best ics rom)...but all ics roms).The android improved from 1.6 to 4.2 and they didn't only changed the name,the ui,some animations and apps and that's it.They made android better so even if we have a pathetic video recording in ics,I think moving forward totally worths.So my advice for you,as a user who tested lots of roms and uses this phone for more than 2 years,go to ics or jb.I really hope that jb will have ics's functionality shortly...
I hope this won't discourage you,I just hope you got the message...start developing for ics or jb if you really like to improve this phone's performance.Thanks for you time ;)

I've always had a better time using cm7. The reason why I compile it, because I USE it.
Which is completely my own opinion.

I don't find anything wrong with good ol' cm7, its great ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

cupliz

Apr 19, 2011
Peace
I've always had a better time using cm7. The reason why I compile it, because I USE it.

Lol, yeah... Android is moving forward, but our phone is still have same hardware like first we bought that when its still at froyo.

Sent from my PG86100

Reactions: laz3r69

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
Lol, yeah... Android is moving forward, but our phone is still have same hardware like first we bought that when its still at froyo.

Sent from my PG86100

Software can only do so much. Sure you can get more out of your hardware with good coding, but hey it only can be pushed so far right.
You can't turn a p500 into a super phone.

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
First of all...this rom is UNDER DEVELOPMENT..
Then a Fact : Our phone had Froyo running back in 2010...then came gingerbread and as a result of hardwork of many developers it can RUN JellyBean...
Our phone is not a powerhouse and can never run android versions following gingerbread smoothly..Many developers had already said this..due to hardware limits...

As I had already stated...Gingerbread has better battery life and camera quality...that's what made me think of this rom...
I personally use Jenkins build whenever I run into bugs...but I had to sacrifice camera,video and battery(barely lasts 6 hrs for me)...

Last edited:

Human_dude_007

Jul 30, 2011
chennai
+1 for the idea.
Though we've got 4.2 ports also,nothing can be compared to the battery life, smoothness,camera quality, stability of cm7.
Thumbs up bro for taking an initiative to bring something like this.
Those who're behind ics n jb wouldn't appreciate this unless they get back to a normal cm7 rom for a week and compare it with their ics roms.
With a 600mhz stock clocking and limited system partitions nothing above gb can be pleasing.

Sent from my GALAXY NOTE using xda app-developers app

Reactions: laz3r69

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
Sorry...

I wanted to release Alpha 2 within a week from the release of Alpha 1...but I kept on doing new things..

I think it's worth the wait...I haven't resolved those SystemUI and Settings FC bugs as I am focussing on theming the rom...

P.S. : Changelog updated

Reactions: x-dira

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
+1 for the idea.
Though we've got 4.2 ports also,nothing can be compared to the battery life, smoothness,camera quality, stability of cm7.
Thumbs up bro for taking an initiative to bring something like this.
Those who're behind ics n jb wouldn't appreciate this unless they get back to a normal cm7 rom for a week and compare it with their ics roms.
With a 600mhz stock clocking and limited system partitions nothing above gb can be pleasing.

Sent from my GALAXY NOTE using xda app-developers app

You got it bro..:good::D

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India

I understand your concern...Development takes time...and I am doing all this single-handedly..

This rom is in Alpha stages..Haven't you used those Alpha releases of our JB Rom...with all those color banding n stuff...I think this rom is far better...:)

Wait n see...:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

x-dira

Nov 6, 2011
can you port pie control in cmx or ginger dx to rom!?
Thanks

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

x-dira

Nov 6, 2011
why not base in cmx with feature cm10?
Thanks

rahulsby

Great. I like it. :good::good::good:
Thanks Dev
മലയാളം സപ്പോർട്ട് സ്റ്റോക്ക് റോമിലുണ്ടായിരുന്നു അത് ആഡ് ചെയ്യാനാകുമോ?

chalo99

Oct 5, 2013
Some questions... If I want to change the theme of the ROM, should I install the cm10 or the cm7.2 Themes? And is the lockscreen themed like cm10? Sorry for resurecting the post, but i wanted to know this things before installing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magna Rom
    Based on CyanogenMod 7.2
    With CyanogenMod 10 Backported Features and UI

Alpha 2

<< DISCLAIMER >>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

I know that all are going after JellyBean and ICS..but battery life, video playback,camera...many things are better in gingerbread..
    But JellyBean...its UI sweeps us off our feet!!:victory:

So I thought of backporting certain JellyBean features into our beloved CM7..:D

This started off my hobby..modding CM7 to suit my likes...then I thought of a new thread in XDA..:D

Features (As of now)
    • Based on CyanogenMod 7.2 For P500
    • Network,Sensors.. works!!..No more patch needed
    • JellyBean Theme
    • JellyBean Transitions
    • JellyBean Statusbar (No Notification Mods)
    • JellyBean Settings
    • JellyBean Button Layout
    All the above is build into the system..no external app.

• ADW.Launcher
    • ES File Explorer
    • Latest Hosts file for Ad-Blocking
    • Google DNS Servers for better browsing
    • build.prop Tweaks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5kt.png

8fe.png
    2hj.png
    uub.png

9qx.png
    e9c.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog :
    Alpha 3 :

Alpha 2 :
    • JellyBean Volume Panel (Initial).
    • JellyBean Notification Layout (No Buttons though).
    • LatinIME Themed.
    • JellyBean Button Layout.
    • DeskClock Widget Themed.
    • System Theme Improved.
    • Phone and Contacts Themed.
    • Browser Theme & Layout Improved.
    • StatusBar Improved.
    • Icons Fixed.
    Alpha 1 :
    • Initial Build
    • Partial JellyBean SYSTEM Theme with themed apps
    • CM10 BootAnimation
    • JellyBean Transitions
    • JellyBean Sounds
    • StatusBar Look but no Notification Style
    • Settings App Partial

Bugs :
    • Settings app FC on opening About Phone (Not Always).
    • SystemUI FC on DPI Change.
    • Several Theming pending.

ry3l.png

Google
    CyanogenMod Team
    Alpha 2

Alpha 2 Uploaded...Changelog Updated
    First of all...this rom is UNDER DEVELOPMENT..
    Then a Fact : Our phone had Froyo running back in 2010...then came gingerbread and as a result of hardwork of many developers it can RUN JellyBean...
    Our phone is not a powerhouse and can never run android versions following gingerbread smoothly..Many developers had already said this..due to hardware limits...

As I had already stated...Gingerbread has better battery life and camera quality...that's what made me think of this rom...
    I personally use Jenkins build whenever I run into bugs...but I had to sacrifice camera,video and battery(barely lasts 6 hrs for me)...

Wow.now i will stay in recovery mode until it.s ready.:))