[PATCH][AROMA] Run the new 4.3 and 4.4 AT&T roms on our T-mobile Notes [v4.0]

Search This thread

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
FBis251 over in the SGS4G threads is an ace at compiling with AROMA installer. He might be able to give you some advice or help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Polluti0n

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
Just linked version 3 in the OP.

The only change is that video recording and playback should work on any rom now!

If you guys have already setup a rom with my patch, don't worry. You don't need to start all over. Just flash ONLY the new patch in recovery and you should get video working.

As always, please leave feedback.

Thanks

-Polluti0n

Hey P did u ever flash bigfaus black star 4.1.2? If so how was your experience?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Hey P did u ever flash bigfaus black star 4.1.2? If so how was your experience?

I have just been using 4.4 and 4.3 Roms. Not sure if the patch would work on black star, but you could always try.

Reactions: angelf82

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
I have just been using 4.4 and 4.3 Roms. Not sure if the patch would work on black star, but you could always try.

Busy day for me but when I get a chance I'll give it a shot n report back...

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Just compiled the UBER4.4 kernel for our T-Mobile notes! Gotta fix just a few issues in the kernel but I will add it to the patch soon. ****s about to get real!

Attachments

• 1389621935749.jpg
    1389621935749.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 86

gettoday

Dec 25, 2013
Just compiled the UBER4.4 kernel for our T-Mobile notes! Gotta fix just a few issues in the kernel but I will add it to the patch soon. ****s about to get real!

Thank you Sir!!! your patch works great but I still couldn't find a stable newer att Rom's for my i717R

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Thank you Sir!!! your patch works great but I still couldn't find a stable newer att Rom's for my i717R

Yeah there are a few minor issues with the 4.4 Roms. Those are on the ROM side, not the patch side. Development takes time. The issues are being ironed out.

On a positive note, since I got the UBER kernel built for our devices I'm planning on a new update. In this update I want to use the aroma installer. This install will give the user options on what to install I.e. kernels, fixes, tweaks, and whether or not to wipe cache/delvik.

I'm excited to put a new release out, but have no. idea when it will happen. I seem to be spending all my free time up snowboarding :)

-Polluti0n

Reactions: angelf82 and bot42

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
You know it's funny I just tried the new avatar kit kat rom for our phone. It was compiled with just the standard CM kernel, my only real complaint. So I used this patch to upgrade the kernel now the rom is ten times better. I wasn't sure it would work on quincytmo 4.4 or 4.3 builds but it works like a charm. At least I can confirm it does on Avatar.

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
New Version

Just a heads up you guys. I posted a new version in the OP. This build includes the aroma installer and the UBER kernel!

If you are already running a att rom on your notes by using one of my previous patches, you can flash this right over the top to get the newest fixes and be able to select your kernel without loosing any of your data or having to reflash a rom.

As always please leave any feedback in the thread. Also, if you find any bugs please post them.

Thanks

-Polluti0n

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
Just a heads up you guys. I posted a new version in the OP. This build includes the aroma installer and the UBER kernel!

If you are already running a att rom on your notes by using one of my previous patches, you can flash this right over the top to get the newest fixes and be able to select your kernel without loosing any of your data or having to reflash a rom.

As always please leave any feedback in the thread. Also, if you find any bugs please post them.

Thanks

-Polluti0n

This $hit just got REAL! This patch runs smooth as butter! So far Uber seems to be the most stable kernel this phone has had since 4.1.

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
This $hit just got REAL! This patch runs smooth as butter! So far Uber seems to be the most stable kernel this phone has had since 4.1.

Thanks for the feedback bro. It took me forever to figure out how to compile the uber kernel for our phones, but it was so forkin worth it. Since uber my phone is running in beast mode :)

Reactions: bot42 and angelf82

TheCashews

Dec 2, 2013
Hey, any idea if you can get this to work for the BAM Android 4.4 rom? I really like the video fix, but this patch doesn't seem to work properly for the quincyatt 4.4. There is a quincytmo BAM rom, but the video recording doesn't work.

I would check out the BAM 4.4 though, it feels really smooth and the only problems it seems to have is the occasional wakelock issue and the malfunctioning video recording/playback.
BAM Quincytmo: http://goo.im/devs/BAM/quincytmo
Att: http://goo.im/devs/BAM/quincyatt

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
Hey, any idea if you can get this to work for the BAM Android 4.4 rom? I really like the video fix, but this patch doesn't seem to work properly for the quincyatt 4.4. There is a quincytmo BAM rom, but the video recording doesn't work.

I would check out the BAM 4.4 though, it feels really smooth and the only problems it seems to have is the occasional wakelock issue and the malfunctioning video recording/playback.

BAM rom? Who created the rom and do u have a thread/or link for the rom and dev?

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008

This patch has specific files and kernels for the quincytmo note only. It's purpose is to allow the few people with the T-Mobile note to run att roms.

You could look at my devhost site and download one of my video patches though. All of my files are public so have a look. Also as for the video recording patch. It has been having issues on some of the newer 4.4 builds but worked flawless on the older 4.4 builds.

Also a few of the cm team are working on a camera wrapper (proprietary driver) for the original note. Once that is released I will update all my patches to work once and for all.

Thanks for the rom link.

-Polluti0n

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
Thanks for the feedback bro. It took me forever to figure out how to compile the uber kernel for our phones, but it was so forkin worth it. Since uber my phone is running in beast mode :)

Whut up P!? Have u tried out candykat over in the i717 website? I have it installed but was wondering if I flash a zip called candy shop in the same thread do I need to repatch? Thnx in advance...

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Whut up P!? Have u tried out candykat over in the i717 website? I have it installed but was wondering if I flash a zip called candy shop in the same thread do I need to repatch? Thnx in advance...

If it boot loops then you would have to repatch. Idk what's in the candy shop zip but if any thing happens just repatch. Post a link to the rom, I will try it out.

Reactions: angelf82

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
If it boot loops then you would have to repatch. Idk what's in the candy shop zip but if any thing happens just repatch. Post a link to the rom, I will try it out.

Thnx P u are on top of things n here is the link...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637943

[ROM][OFFICIAL][CandyKat 4.4+][Customizable Candy Shop][quincyatt]

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I gotta admit its VERY stable n doesn't lag...battery life is good too...try it out I'm using it as my daily driver with no problems except I haven't check video rec since I don't record much...

Polluti0n

Nov 13, 2008
Nice thanks for the update. I will give it a try when I get a chance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make the new AT&T roms run on our T-Mobile Notes!!​

=Disclaimer=
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE FLASHING THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HAVE TESTED THIS PROCEDURE BUT I CANT SAY IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. IF FLASHING THIS CAUSES YOUR CAT TO PEE ON YOUR BLANKET, I WILL NOT CLEAN IT UP.

=Instructions=
    1. Flash the i717 Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 6.0.4.3.
    2. Boot into recovery "Factory Reset" then "Format /system".
    3. I usually flash Darkside Super Wipe now, just to make sure I have a clean wipe.
    4. Install an AT&T Note (i717) rom to your device.
    5. Install GApps that match your rom.
    6. Now flash my Patch to run AT&T roms on T-mobile Notes (v4.0).
    7. From the AROMA installer please select the kernel and fixes you want.
    8. Once install is complete, reboot system.
    9. Enjoy!!!

=Screenshots=
    2hdcqra.jpg
    2w4fnlw.png
    2aj1kl4.png

2iruh5s.png
    2z5pqua.png
    2isfq54.png
    =Changelog=
    Version 4.0
    1. Aroma installer
    2. Choose which kernel you would like to install
    3. Compiled the UBER kernel for our phones
    4. Choose which patches you would like to install
    5. Updated fixes for Video Camera
    6. Hacked adobe flash player (must use DOLPHIN JET PACK)
    7. Added option for unbranded boot animation
    8. Option to wipe cache and delvik cache
    Version 3.0
    1. Fixed video recording and playback.
    2. Fix any screen flickering that was present on 4.3 and 4.4 roms.
    3. Amend build.prop so your phone shows up at T-Mobile Note (SGH-T879).
    4. Set default CPU governor to "Wheatley" to avoid any wakelock issues.

=Roms I have tried=
    Cyanogenmod 11
    Beanstalk
    Liquid Smooth
    AOKP

=Thanks=
    1. Props goes out to Flare106 for the original idea. His thread can be located Here.
    2. JamieD81 for suggesting instead of repackaging the roms just to make a patch.
    3. AD5GB for the PAC Kernel.
    4. thederekjay for the Darkside Super Wipe.

=File List=
    i717 Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 6.0.4.3
    Darkside Super Wipe
    Patch to run AT&T roms on T-mobile Notes (v4.0)

=Miscellaneous Files=
    CWM Touch Recovery for T-mobile Note 6.0.4.3
    TWRP Recovery for T-Mobile Note 2.6.3.0
    T879-UVLG3 Modem

Happy Flashing, and please leave any feedback in this thread. It is greatly appreciated.

-Polluti0n
    I have read in the forums that a few other people have had the battery problem. I think it's in the ROM, not the patch. I asked Jamie about it, but I don't know of a fix. I'm running the p11 cm build with no issues.

This is awesome. The video fix is what drew my to flashing the CM 11 Rom by Jamie, and after flashing the only problem I seem to have come across is that the battery % in the status bar ( top right ) isn't functioning, it reads as 100% all the time. I installed a battery saver app and it is coming with an incorrect reading of 38% constantly ( I know this because I began the flashing process with 100% battery and it would not have dropped to 38% within half an hour). If there is any fix for this, that would make this rom absolutely perfect.
    I have read in the forums that a few other people have had the battery problem. I think it's in the ROM, not the patch. I asked Jamie about it, but I don't know of a fix. I'm running the p11 cm build with no issues.

Oh, awesome. I guess I'll just flash that instead. Any idea if I have to completely reformat again, or if I can just flash p11? Would I come up with any significant issues?
    Version 3

Just linked version 3 in the OP.

The only change is that video recording and playback should work on any rom now!

If you guys have already setup a rom with my patch, don't worry. You don't need to start all over. Just flash ONLY the new patch in recovery and you should get video working.

As always, please leave feedback.

Thanks

-Polluti0n