*FIX* Get your computer to see MT as Mass Storage

Search This thread

zztfox

Nov 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks to idbl_fanatic, over at Android Forums for finding this!

1. Install Anycut from the android market (it's free)
2. Open Anycut and select "New Shortcut"
3. Now click Activity
4. Scroll down the list of activities until you see "Select COM Port Mode" and click it. Just hit ok to accept the default name
5. You will see a "shortcut created" notification. Go back to your homescreen and look for the new shortcut
6. Once you click the new shortcut you'll see three radio buttons. Simply change to Mass Storage

Reactions: primetechv2

idbl_fanatic

Aug 15, 2008
Stockton, CA

3. Now click Activity
4. Scroll down the list of activities until you see "Select COM Port Mode" and click it. Just hit ok to accept the default name
5. You will see a "shortcut created" notification. Go back to your homescreen and look for the new shortcut
6. Once you click the new shortcut you'll see three radio buttons. Simply change to Mass Storage

I actually didn't find this, someone else had posted it on one of the many forums I go to, I just passed it along.

zztfox

Nov 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Regardless, it is working flawlessly!

I could cry actually, because I was so scared that my Triumph had a defect, but it actually turned out to be fixable!

agentc13

Aug 23, 2011
Skaro
I just click on the "turn on usb mass storage" (or something like that) button. Was that not working or something? Downloading an app to do the same thing seems like a bit of overkill to me.

zztfox

Nov 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yeah, this is for those whose PC would not pick up the phone for USB transferring. Keep this in mind as some people have reported the USB working one day, then the next day it won't pick up.

llorn

Jul 29, 2011

3. Now click Activity

Just wanted to mention that if you're using Launcher Pro or other non stock launchers, you can already create shortcuts without having to install another app. Otherwise, great tip.

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
Just wanted to mention that if you're using Launcher Pro or other non stock launchers, you can already create shortcuts without having to install another app. Otherwise, great tip.

Any luck finding which app it goes to, though? On ADW, they don't list everything all jumbled together... they have it spread out in quite a few little submenus.

bigvandal

Jan 24, 2008
had no idea there was an issue with this. Mine has taken a wile a few times but never not recognized at all

llorn

Jul 29, 2011
Any luck finding which app it goes to, though? On ADW, they don't list everything all jumbled together... they have it spread out in quite a few little submenus.

I don't know about ADW but on launcher pro, you just long press on an empty area of your home screen and select Shortcuts from the long press menu. I can only assume you would do the same thing in adw but I could be wrong.

Reactions: primetechv2

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I don't know about ADW but on launcher pro, you just long press on an empty area of your home screen and select Shortcuts from the long press menu. I can only assume you would do the same thing in adw but I could be wrong.

That's what you do, I just have no idea where the shortcut would be :p Although I'm still looking for it.

Today I was having an issue with my phone plugging in to my computer, and this little guide saved my butt. Strangely it's been working on and off just fine, and even when it doesn't "connect" PDANet still sees it has appeared. But thanks to this guide it's now working as a pseudo-modem AND a USB device both. Kudos.

HitchHiker

Mar 1, 2007

I was wondering if you could post some step by step instructions on how to make that short cut in Launcher Pro. I know how to get the shortcut started but I am lost after that.

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I was wondering if you could post some step by step instructions on how to make that short cut in Launcher Pro. I know how to get the shortcut started but I am lost after that.

It should be under add>Shortcuts > Activities> Hidden Menu. The process for ADW is very similar.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

prasad.dragon

Oct 17, 2014

3. Now click Activity

Respected members, i am not able to find the " select COM port Mode" in the Anycut.....
kindly help.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Now click Activity

3. Now click Activity