Please, how i insert swype method on native keybord HTC ?

Search This thread

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
Hmm, all he will see is:
ERROR: This screen size is not supported...

Asked swype about this on march 9th, still no answer. You can read my question here.

The reason is, that the true resolution of the HTC One S seems to be 540x888 px. This size is not supported at the moment.

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
Tried the installer again - it doesn't work.

So I'm gonna try to copy or push the apk from my desire tomorrow or sth like that. Let's see what happens.

---
Copied swype apk and installed it, works like a charm now.

Last edited:

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
It does, but it is fizzy wine to swype's vintage champagne!

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Care to enlighten us;)

I had it on a Titanium Backup from my Sensation, When i restored that backup on the One S it was there.. Check the attached images

Attachments

• 2012-04-21_17-54-29.jpg
    2012-04-21_17-54-29.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2012-04-21_17-54-49.jpg
    2012-04-21_17-54-49.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 134

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
So people trying to install swype from scratch should copy the apk and install or use one from a backup (if there is one) instead of the installer.

Nice :D

edit: swype and swype installer apk added
I don't know if you still need that beta account for installation (using the installer you have to).

Attachments

• com.swype.android.inputmethod.apk
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,015
  • Swype-Installer.apk
    84 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
yeah i guess thats the way to do it... swype (for me) must believe im still using a sensation because thats the phone i had when i backed it up

but it works flawlessly so why its not supported is bull****

adamhlj

Apr 24, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I just went to settings, keyboard, htc intput, then their is a swype option

Its not the same thing.

So I think I know why swype doesn't want to work on this phone. When you open the installer to the point where you log in, if you look down at the bottom of the screen, you see the menu button just above the capacitative buttons. I think this is probably making swype think that we only have 888 pixels instead of the 960.

Riio

Aug 30, 2010
I downloaded the Swype APK (not the installer) attached in one of the above posts and it installed and now works without any issues.

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
So I think I know why swype doesn't want to work on this phone. When you open the installer to the point where you log in, if you look down at the bottom of the screen, you see the menu button just above the capacitative buttons. I think this is probably making swype think that we only have 888 pixels instead of the 960.

This, or because of this.

h0lyc0w

Apr 28, 2011
Austin
Google Pixel 7
Thanks Rootrider.

I was getting a bit annoyed with the HTC Sense "Swype" keyboard. Especially, when it changed or disallowed swyping depending on the app.

I installed a Tibackup of Swype from my old Nexus One, and it works like a champ.

unrealii

Dec 31, 2010
I had the screen size issue, then the APK posted above resolved it.

Today swype told me there's an update and went through the installer process again. Now it is successfully downloading. This is past the earlier portion where I would get the screen size not supported issue.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

It installed fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So people trying to install swype from scratch should copy the apk and install or use one from a backup (if there is one) instead of the installer.

Nice :D

edit: swype and swype installer apk added
    I don't know if you still need that beta account for installation (using the installer you have to).
    It does, but it is fizzy wine to swype's vintage champagne!

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

im using swype on my One S with no issues at all. so it is supported

Care to enlighten us;)