[OFFICIAL] Korean SGS4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S/K/L) Rooting, ROMs, Kernels & Guides

Search This thread

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
DISCLAIMER: You will be flashing your phone at your own risk. You are solely responsible for anything you do to your phone, so make sure you are well informed and well prepared before deciding to flash or install anything on your device.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a 'reference site' for anything related to ROMs and kernels, be it original stock, modified stock or custom images for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Korean versions, starting with model SHV-E330S.

All comments and feedback are welcome and appreciated.

Reminders:
  • After flashing a new ROM image, it is highly recommended to perform a cache wipe and factory reset. Please avoid posting about problems repeatedly which can be easily solved by this procedure.
  • If you find that someone has been helpful in assisting you, then please do not shy away from hitting the THANKS button below their post; this is the preferred action instead of creating a new post just to show your gratitude
Factory Firmware (stock)

samsung-updates.com and www.sammobile.com host stock images.

Devices
SHV-E330S

SHV-E330L

SHV-E330K

Manual Rooting

Rooting Guide by @xenix96

Hints & Tips

Follow this trail...

Proxyme Rooting

Proxyme Guide

Credits & Special Thanks to the following Contributors...

Last edited:

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
SHV-E330S Page

SHV-E330S Info Page

Warning:
Do not jump in blindly and flash any stock image you 'like'. PIT files are posted here for your information and to alert you to changes in partition configurations when they are introduced in a specific stock rom release. You MUST follow stock rom upgrade paths in the order they are being released; if you skip a release which contains changes to the partition configuration, problems may arise with any later version you flash.

PIT File
Use this PIT file when flashing with Odin, and ONLY if you have scr*wed up your default partitioning scheme due to specifying an incorrect one during a previous flash. Normally there is NO NEED to specify a PIT file when flashing with Odin!

SKT 32GB Model PIT file (Partition scheme from UBMK4 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

SKT PIT file (Partition scheme from UCNB2 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

Pre Rooted stock ROMs
(Unfortunately, flashing these ROMs will trigger KNOX)

Rom images which are preloaded with Proxyme offer the following default functionality:
Default state after factory reset is - not rooted -
Proxyme offers live su binary control, and without the need to 'root' the phone, you have...
- SSH server with virtually unlimited user accounts, configurable with specific UID, GID, home directory and shell,
- execution of scripts with elevated privileges (sample debloating script included),
- tag along scripts for root ON and root OFF actions,
- busybox switch

KitKat 4.4.2
E330SKSUCNJ1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-10-06)
  • This zip archive contains an Odin flashable file. It is not the complete stock image, so you MUST have KSUCNJ1 already running on your phone or you will need to download it from the above reference sites, which carry complete stock firmware images, and flash it before continuing with this file. Instructions are included in the zip archive.
  • uploaded.net
  • mediafire
  • torrent, mirror2

E330SKSUCNG9 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-07-29)

E330SKSUCNG1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-07-09)

E330SKSUCNF3 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-06-23)

E330SKSUCNE2 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-05-10)

E330SKSUCNC4 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-03-17)

E330SKSUCNB3 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-02-26)

Jelly Bean 4.3
E330SKSUBML2 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2013-12-10) (Only for 32GB model)
  • Backup your stuff, this image will implicitly perform a factory reset
    Display Languages: ko_KR;en_GB;en_US;bg_BG;cs_CZ;da_DK;de_DE;el_GR;es_ES;et_EE;fi_FI;fr_FR;ga_IE;hr_HR;hu_HU;in_ID;is_IS;it_IT;kk_KZ;lt_LT;lv_LV;mk_MK;ms_MY;nb_NO;nl_NL;pl_PL;pt_PT;ro_RO;ru_RU;sk_SK;sl_SI;sr_RS;sv_SE;th_TH;tr_TR;uk_UA;vi_VN;zh_CN;zh_TW;ja_JP;
    Input Options: Samsung Chinese IME (English/Chinese-TW/Chinese-HK/Chinese/Korean), Standard Samsung IME
  • torrent (Proxyme)
  • (Unpack the .tar.md5 file from any one of the following (multipart) zip archive and flash with Odin)
    uploaded.net Part1of3 (Proxyme)
    uploaded.net Part2of3 (Proxyme)
    uploaded.net Part3of3 (Proxyme)

Jelly Bean 4.2.x and older

BVLGARIAN Blog

Custom ROMs
(Flashing these ROMs COULD (and usually will) trigger the custom counter)

Chinese Bizzy Beez (You will need to handle Chinese, with or without translation tools)

Last edited:

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
SHV-E330K Page

SHV-E330K Info Page

Warning:
Do not jump in blindly and flash any stock image you 'like'. PIT files are posted here for your information and to alert you to changes in partition configurations when they are introduced in a specific stock rom release. You MUST follow stock rom upgrade paths in the order they are being released; if you skip a release which contains changes to the partition configuration, problems may arise with any later version you flash.

PIT File
Use this PIT file when flashing with Odin, and ONLY if you have scr*wed up your default partitioning scheme due to specifying an incorrect one during a previous flash. Normally there is NO NEED to specify a PIT file when flashing with Odin!

KTT 32GB Model PIT file (Partition scheme from MJ8 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

KTT PIT file (Partition scheme from UCNC1 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

Pre Rooted stock ROMs

Rom images which are preloaded with Proxyme offer the following default functionality:
Proxyme offers live su binary control, and without the need to 'root' the phone, you have...
- SSH server with virtually unlimited user accounts, configurable with specific UID, GID, home directory and shell,
- execution of scripts with elevated privileges (sample debloating script included),
- busybox switch

KitKat 4.4.2
E330KKKUCNJ1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-10-06)
  • This zip archive contains an Odin flashable file. It is not the complete stock image, so you MUST have KKUCNJ1 already running on your phone or you will need to download it from the above reference sites, which carry complete stock firmware images, and flash it before continuing with this file. Instructions are included in the zip archive.
  • uploaded.net
  • mediafire
  • torrent, mirror2

E330KKKUCNC4 (Build Date 2014-03-17)

E330KKKUCNC1 (Build Date 2014-03-01)

Jelly Bean 4.3
E330KKKUBML1 (Build Date 2013-12-11) (Only for 32GB model)
    Root toggle instructions are displayed in RootMe app
    Display Languages: ko_KR;en_GB;en_US;bg_BG;cs_CZ;da_DK;de_DE;el_GR;es_ES;et_EE;fi_FI;fr_FR;ga_IE;hr_HR;hu_HU;in_ID;is_IS;it_IT;kk_KZ;lt_LT;lv_LV;mk_MK;ms_MY;nb_NO;nl_NL;pl_PL;pt_PT;ro_RO;ru_RU;sk_SK;sl_SI;sr_RS;sv_SE;th_TH;tr_TR;uk_UA;vi_VN;zh_CN;zh_TW;ja_JP;
    Input Options: Samsung Chinese IME (English/Chinese-TW/Chinese-HK/Chinese/Korean), Standard Samsung IME
  • mediafire (unpack tar.md5 file from this multipart zip archive and flash with Odin)
  • torrent
  • uploaded.net - E330KKKUBML1_FULL_20140103.zip (part 1), E330KKKUBML1_FULL_20140103.z01 (part 2)

BVLGARIAN Blog

Custom ROMs

TBD

Last edited:

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
SHV-E330L Page

SHV-E330L Info Page

Warning:

PIT File

LGT 32GB Model PIT file (Partition scheme from MK4 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

LGT PIT file (Partition scheme from UCNB3 onwards) ..mirror, .torrent

Pre Rooted stock ROMs

KitKat 4.4.2

- busybox switch

E330LKLUCNJ1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-10-06)
  • This zip archive contains an Odin flashable file. It is not the complete stock image, so you MUST have KLUCNJ1 already running on your phone or you will need to download it from the above reference sites, which carry complete stock firmware images, and flash it before continuing with this file. Instructions are included in the zip archive.
  • uploaded.net
  • mediafire
  • torrent, mirror2

E330LKLUCNF2 (Build Date 2014-06-20)

E330LKLUCNE2 (Build Date 2014-05-11)

E330LKLUCNC4 (Build Date 2014-03-17)

E330LKLUCNC2 (Build Date 2014-03-02)

E330LKLUCNB3 (Build Date 2014-02-20) (Update: wifi issue fixed)

Jelly Bean 4.3
E330LKLUBMK4 (Build Date 2013-11-16) (Only for 32GB model)
  • mediafire (unpack tar.md5 file from this multipart zip archive and flash with Odin)
  • torrent
  • uploaded.net - E330LKLUBMK4_32GB_FULL_RR20131231.zip (part 1), E330LKLUBMK4_32GB_FULL_RR20131231.z01 (part 2)

BVLGARIAN Blog

Custom ROMs

Chinese Bizzy Beez (You will need to handle Chinese, with or without translation tools)

Last edited:

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
Hints & Tips

Operator Hidden Menu Access

Using the default dialer, enter the following number:

Depending on your phone model, enter one of the following password codes:

Code:
SKT    --- 996412
KT     --- 774632
LG U+  --- 0821

Other Special Menus

Test and Diagnostics
*#0*#

ServiceMode Signal Info
*#0011#
(Key Input Q followed by 0000 to proceed to MAIN MENU)

SysDump
*#9900#

ServiceMode DIAG CONFIG
*#9090#

Last edited:

i900frenchaddict

Mar 26, 2009
Dijon
www.fpsece.net
Thanks for opening this thread!

Is the pre-rooted Android 4.3 Rom an SKT one? Or is it a debloated one?

I'm currently running 4.3, rooted. (after bricking it yesterday....! This device, a gift from a friend, has been a real pain for me the last 2 days)

What I'm now looking for is a way to get rid of the SMS 70char. limit, and also a way to enable SMS delivery notification...

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks for opening this thread!

Is the pre-rooted Android 4.3 Rom an SKT one? Or is it a debloated one?

I'm currently running 4.3, rooted. (after bricking it yesterday....! This device, a gift from a friend, has been a real pain for me the last 2 days)

What I'm now looking for is a way to get rid of the SMS 70char. limit, and also a way to enable SMS delivery notification...

It's the SKT (E330S) version and is full stock, with addition of the chinese samsung IME to support full screen handwriting of chinese and korean languages. Debloating (incl removal of knox components) is simple with help of tools like Titanium Backup and ES File Explorer; the reason I no longer upload debloated versions is due to the sheer size of these rom images and the limited storage space and bandwidth I have with my mediafire subscription.

The SMS size limit has been set to 160 and you can enter and send a batch of 5 messages at once, before it changes to being an MMS message. I haven't tested the SMS delivery notification, but I have enabled the menu item to set it.

Haven't tweaked the rom too much and left it in stock as much as possible. Most important was to provide a rooting mechanism without compromising the custom binary counter.

i900frenchaddict

Mar 26, 2009
Dijon
www.fpsece.net
It's the SKT (E330S) version and is full stock, with addition of the chinese samsung IME to support full screen handwriting of chinese and korean languages. Debloating (incl removal of knox components) is simple with help of tools like Titanium Backup and ES File Explorer; the reason I no longer upload debloated versions is due to the sheer size of these rom images and the limited storage space and bandwidth I have with my mediafire subscription.

The SMS size limit has been set to 160 and you can enter and send a batch of 5 messages at once, before it changes to being an MMS message. I haven't tested the SMS delivery notification, but I have enabled the menu item to set it.

Haven't tweaked the rom too much and left it in stock as much as possible. Most important was to provide a rooting mechanism without compromising the custom binary counter.

OK, implementing the SMS/MMS delivery notification was easy by editing the "feature" file in "system/csc/". I'm pretty sure I can also change the SMS max size limit from there but can't find the right line...

How do you remove Knox components? I had froze everything with "Knox" using Titanium Backup, and the result was s bricked device after a reboot (had to flash a stock 4.3 again). I'm already fed up with all these security notifications

(sorry for these questions, I'm coming from a Note 2 anf this is my first Korean device, I'm not used to it at all)

davidcsv

Mar 2, 2012
OK, implementing the SMS/MMS delivery notification was easy by editing the "feature" file in "system/csc/". I'm pretty sure I can also change the SMS max size limit from there but can't find the right line...

How do you remove Knox components? I had froze everything with "Knox" using Titanium Backup, and the result was s bricked device after a reboot (had to flash a stock 4.3 again). I'm already fed up with all these security notifications

(sorry for these questions, I'm coming from a Note 2 anf this is my first Korean device, I'm not used to it at all)

For max number of sms before switch to mms:
Edit in /system/csc/customer.xml
Code:
    <Messages>
      <SMS>
        <PageLimit>6</PageLimit>
        <MsgTypeThreshold>
          <ThresholdValue>6</ThresholdValue>

For sms size limit, edit /system/csc/feature.xml
Code:
<CscFeature_Message_SmsMaxByte>160</CscFeature_Message_SmsMaxByte>

To get rid of annoying Knox components, I deleted the following files in /system/app:
KLMSAgent.apk
KLMSAgent.odex
KNOXAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.odex
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.odex
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStore.odex
KNOXStub.apk
(No problems rebooting)

i900frenchaddict

Mar 26, 2009
Dijon
www.fpsece.net
Man, thanks for all these good advises!!! I had frozen the same apps with Titanium, but the result was a bricked device. Now I removed the apk and the .odex files as you said, and knox is gone while keeping root!

I now can start really enjoying this S4, thanks to you ;)

EDIT: I now have the "enable delivery Notification" in my MMS settings, but actually, even if enabled, I don't get the notification....I'll have to mess around the feature file again ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SHV-E330L Page

SHV-E330L Info Page

Warning:

PIT File

LGT 32GB Model PIT file (Partition scheme from MK4 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

LGT PIT file (Partition scheme from UCNB3 onwards) ..mirror, .torrent

Pre Rooted stock ROMs

KitKat 4.4.2

- busybox switch

E330LKLUCNJ1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-10-06)
    • This zip archive contains an Odin flashable file. It is not the complete stock image, so you MUST have KLUCNJ1 already running on your phone or you will need to download it from the above reference sites, which carry complete stock firmware images, and flash it before continuing with this file. Instructions are included in the zip archive.
    • uploaded.net
    • mediafire
    • torrent, mirror2

E330LKLUCNF2 (Build Date 2014-06-20)

E330LKLUCNE2 (Build Date 2014-05-11)

E330LKLUCNC4 (Build Date 2014-03-17)

E330LKLUCNC2 (Build Date 2014-03-02)

E330LKLUCNB3 (Build Date 2014-02-20) (Update: wifi issue fixed)

Jelly Bean 4.3
    E330LKLUBMK4 (Build Date 2013-11-16) (Only for 32GB model)
    • torrent
    • uploaded.net - E330LKLUBMK4_32GB_FULL_RR20131231.zip (part 1), E330LKLUBMK4_32GB_FULL_RR20131231.z01 (part 2)

BVLGARIAN Blog

Custom ROMs

DISCLAIMER: You will be flashing your phone at your own risk. You are solely responsible for anything you do to your phone, so make sure you are well informed and well prepared before deciding to flash or install anything on your device.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a 'reference site' for anything related to ROMs and kernels, be it original stock, modified stock or custom images for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Korean versions, starting with model SHV-E330S.

All comments and feedback are welcome and appreciated.

Reminders:
    • After flashing a new ROM image, it is highly recommended to perform a cache wipe and factory reset. Please avoid posting about problems repeatedly which can be easily solved by this procedure.
    • If you find that someone has been helpful in assisting you, then please do not shy away from hitting the THANKS button below their post; this is the preferred action instead of creating a new post just to show your gratitude
    Factory Firmware (stock)

samsung-updates.com and www.sammobile.com host stock images.

Devices
    SHV-E330S

SHV-E330L

SHV-E330K

Manual Rooting

Rooting Guide by @xenix96

Hints & Tips

Follow this trail...

Proxyme Rooting

Proxyme Guide

SHV-E330S Page

SHV-E330S Info Page

Warning:

PIT File

SKT 32GB Model PIT file (Partition scheme from UBMK4 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

SKT PIT file (Partition scheme from UCNB2 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

Pre Rooted stock ROMs

- busybox switch

KitKat 4.4.2
    E330SKSUCNJ1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-10-06)
    • This zip archive contains an Odin flashable file. It is not the complete stock image, so you MUST have KSUCNJ1 already running on your phone or you will need to download it from the above reference sites, which carry complete stock firmware images, and flash it before continuing with this file. Instructions are included in the zip archive.
    • uploaded.net
    • mediafire
    • torrent, mirror2

E330SKSUCNG9 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-07-29)

E330SKSUCNG1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-07-09)

E330SKSUCNF3 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-06-23)

E330SKSUCNE2 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-05-10)

E330SKSUCNC4 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-03-17)

E330SKSUCNB3 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-02-26)

Jelly Bean 4.3
    E330SKSUBML2 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2013-12-10) (Only for 32GB model)
    • torrent (Proxyme)
    • (Unpack the .tar.md5 file from any one of the following (multipart) zip archive and flash with Odin)
      uploaded.net Part1of3 (Proxyme)
      uploaded.net Part2of3 (Proxyme)
      uploaded.net Part3of3 (Proxyme)

BVLGARIAN Blog

Custom ROMs

SHV-E330K Page

SHV-E330K Info Page

Warning:

PIT File

KTT 32GB Model PIT file (Partition scheme from MJ8 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

KTT PIT file (Partition scheme from UCNC1 onwards) ... mirror, torrent

Pre Rooted stock ROMs

- busybox switch

KitKat 4.4.2
    E330KKKUCNJ1 (Proxyme) (Build Date 2014-10-06)
    • This zip archive contains an Odin flashable file. It is not the complete stock image, so you MUST have KKUCNJ1 already running on your phone or you will need to download it from the above reference sites, which carry complete stock firmware images, and flash it before continuing with this file. Instructions are included in the zip archive.
    • uploaded.net
    • mediafire
    • torrent, mirror2

E330KKKUCNC4 (Build Date 2014-03-17)

E330KKKUCNC1 (Build Date 2014-03-01)

Jelly Bean 4.3
    E330KKKUBML1 (Build Date 2013-12-11) (Only for 32GB model)
    • torrent
    • uploaded.net - E330KKKUBML1_FULL_20140103.zip (part 1), E330KKKUBML1_FULL_20140103.z01 (part 2)

BVLGARIAN Blog

Custom ROMs

TBD
    Hints & Tips

Operator Hidden Menu Access

Depending on your phone model, enter one of the following password codes:

Code:
    SKT    --- 996412
    KT     --- 774632
    LG U+  --- 0821

Other Special Menus

Test and Diagnostics
    *#0*#

ServiceMode Signal Info
    *#0011#
    (Key Input Q followed by 0000 to proceed to MAIN MENU)

SysDump
    *#9900#

ServiceMode DIAG CONFIG
    *#9090#