[APP][4.0.3+] TimePIN - Changes your pin dynamically based on the current time

Search This thread

markeemarku

Feb 17, 2016
works great in my samsung galaxy chat

i have no problems like the reported earlier bugs on my first time use of this app to my samsung galaxy chat b5330..it runs smoothly...i just wanted also to request that if the next release of the version of timepin,the pattern lock will be supported a feature may be included to little tweak the appearance of the lockscreen's ui that you can change the trails colors and the dots colors and lastly an unlimited attempt tweak...tweaks which are offered by an xposed module named lockscreen tweakbox...but i want you to be unique a little to avoid conflict from the idea of the original author of the concept,.last request may you make those paid features free on the next release however for a limited time...thank you very much

Chirag_Galani

Dec 7, 2012
Mumbai
Ok guys.
I have some good news. DroidLock: Dynamic Lockscreen has been launched in beta which serves almost all of the TimePin functionality as well as some extra features. It supports devices belonging to Android 4.0 - 6.0 (Yes, Marshmallow too)
Currently in beta so you have to join the G+ community before installing the app.
Thread Link: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-droidlock-dymanic-lockscreen-t3371652/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Price: $0
    IAP: Additional features - $1.99

APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cunninglogic.dynamicpin
    Review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...s-and-pranksters-win-one-of-ten-pro-licenses/
    This thread should be used for support and feature requests:

FailSafe:
    If you become locked out, shut your device down, turn it back on and the first unlock should be your default PIN

TimePIN is a security and ease of use enhancing application. TimePIN sets your lockscreen PIN code to the current time resulting in an ever changing PIN that can not be shoulder surfed or repeated due to fingerprints on the screen. Modifiers allow you to morph the PIN, to further enhance security.
    12hour and 24hour clocks are both supported.
    Modifiers:
    (If no modifier is applied, and the time is 9:12, your PIN will be 0912)
    Reverse - reverses the PIN. If the time is 11:24, your PIN will be 4211
    Mirror - mirrors the PIN. If the time is 8:34, your PIN will be 08344380
    Double - Doubles the PIN. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 12341234
    Offset - Applies a user chosen offset to the PIN. If the time is 10:43, and your offset is -121, your PIN will be 0922.
    The reverse modifier is free, and no purchase is needed to use the application. The additional modifiers are available for purchase for $1.99, for all, for life.
    For all non lockscreen purposes, and the first unlock after turning a device on, a user selected default PIN is used.
    TimePIN is NOT currently compatible with encrypted devices, but an update is coming!
    Future features:
    Additional modifiers
    Support for encrypted devices*
    Support for alphanumerical passwords
    Support for pattern password*
    *Starred future features may require root access

Permissions used:
    Starting TimePIN at boot:
    android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

In-App Purchasing:
    com.android.vending.BILLING
    License retrieval:
    android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
    android.permission.INTERNET
    android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

TimePIN-1.1.3.5-Release.apk = fc3697f4b4a7b62aea1b4af6b35d5347
    Good news:
    c6da916d7853a23689917f765818a385.jpg

Sorry forgot to post a screenshot what he send me back
    FYI

so ... I FINALLY downloaded and installed the JDK and android SDK and Studio
    I have been a professional software developer and occasional professional sysadmin for windoze, unix and linux since 1989
    I have worked extensively with C, SQL, sh/bash scripting, javascript, etc but I have never worked with raw java
    I have worked with different IDE's but have never used Android Studio
    so ... of course there WILL be a learning curve

TimePIN is a great app ... and is easily the app that I miss the most since "upgrading" from kitkat to lollipop and marshmallow (this weekend)
    I would like to develop a new version that works for at least android 5+
    is it an ambitious first project? definitely! lol
    however as a professional developer I KNOW that the best way for Me to understand and become proficient in a new language/environment is to build a real project .. besides .. learning is supposed to be fun ;)

when there is something worth showing/testing, I'll create a new thread and post the link here
    @jcase if you have any insights/tips .. I would be grateful

until further notice,
    cheers! :D
    Great App, an idea of possibility on Timepin, Can you add an option to take away the OK button Make it so it just unlocks with w/ correct pin?

Galaxy note 3 Canadian variant Sm-N900W8 stainless Rom v2

+1 on this
    Thanks!
    Can we get a feature that does not change the PIN (time, offset etc.) but instead scrambles the keypad? :)

As soon as I clear some more non-root features and bug fixes, I will look at doing this.