[Q] HTC Evo 4g LTE Help

Search This thread

tpitt268

Aug 14, 2012
First of all please dont kill me if i am going about this the wrong way. I have tried to seach fourms here and all over the net and have yet to find a solution. I am rooted S-ON running jelly bean with viper as my daily driver. The problem is when i switch the phone to LTE/CDMA mode it disconnects and i have no connection but in CDMA only I have service. Please if I cant resolve this issue the device will be getting a bath. I would rather not if I can avoid it. Please if someone can help or at least point me in the right direction. thanks in advance.

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
First of all please dont kill me if i am going about this the wrong way. I have tried to seach fourms here and all over the net and have yet to find a solution. I am rooted S-ON running jelly bean with viper as my daily driver. The problem is when i switch the phone to LTE/CDMA mode it disconnects and i have no connection but in CDMA only I have service. Please if I cant resolve this issue the device will be getting a bath. I would rather not if I can avoid it. Please if someone can help or at least point me in the right direction. thanks in advance.

Sounds like you haev the incorrect radio installed. Please consult your rom developer, or find a radio that works with your carrier and flash it.
The evo 4g forum here would be of help.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

oh, and considered your self killed. 360 no scope one in the chamber. :D jk

tpitt268

Aug 14, 2012
I have never messed with the radios and it worked at one time. Would that still be radios. I can't imagine if I have not messed with radios and it worked at one time if the radios are the problem. I could be wrong.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Post your baseband version and what rom update you are on and we can tell you if that is a potential issue.

And you said it used to work... How long ago? Have you flashed a rom update recently? Did it just stop out of nowhere?

tpitt268

Aug 14, 2012
Android 4.1.1
software version Viper4G 3.1.5
baseband 1.02.12.0427

please let me know if any other info is needed

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Yea, that's an old radio from like almost 2 years ago. They were not known as being the most reliable for LTE stuff. If you aren't S-off then my suggestion is to relock the bootloader then RUU to the newest 4.3 (backup your storage to the PC first because I think it wipes it due to needing to repartition for the 4.3 update since the system is bigger). This has the newest radio and touchscreen firmware as well as allowing you to run newer versions of the roms you like. You'll have to redo the bootloader unlock and recovery, but it's the same process as before. If you are S-Off then you might be able to just skip the RUU and flash the firmware package only.

tpitt268

Aug 14, 2012
My hboot is 1.12.0000 I thought I read that you could flash radios with that hboot but I have not found anything to confirm this. Is that true? Would it be easier to just unroot and update or just take it all the way to S-Off and then update the radios?

Last edited: