[Q] About the upcoming OTA

Search This thread

brian_199

Nov 1, 2010
Reno
I've heard rumors that we will be receiving 4.4.2. I was wondering if there's any chance that we'll be rootable after this update.

Jumnhy

Apr 6, 2011
Saint Paul, MN
I've heard rumors that we will be receiving 4.4.2. I was wondering if there's any chance that we'll be rootable after this update.

Yeah, so umm... that's not going to happen. I mean, ****, we can hope and dream and whatnot, but I seriously doubt it. They'd have to open up a new update

EDIT:
I meant to say, the new firmware would have to open up a new exploit somewhere, and since 4.4.2 doesn't have any known exploits for any other platforms, I don't think it'll happen for us either.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian_199

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010

Moto X DE here
when we got the update, some who were rooted with slapmymoto were able to keep "root" when taking the OTA, however the update re-enabled write-protection which means most of what root is good for is lost.

Some people report that they can use xposed modules with soft-reboots, but if you do a hard reboot you will have to re-install the framework and soft-reboot to get it back working.

If you want root and currently have it, block the update. (unless you have unlocked the boot-loader when it was previously available from 3rd parties, then you can ignore this post)

Reactions: brian_199

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, so umm... that's not going to happen. I mean, ****, we can hope and dream and whatnot, but I seriously doubt it. They'd have to open up a new update

EDIT:
    I meant to say, the new firmware would have to open up a new exploit somewhere, and since 4.4.2 doesn't have any known exploits for any other platforms, I don't think it'll happen for us either.

Moto X DE here
    when we got the update, some who were rooted with slapmymoto were able to keep "root" when taking the OTA, however the update re-enabled write-protection which means most of what root is good for is lost.

Some people report that they can use xposed modules with soft-reboots, but if you do a hard reboot you will have to re-install the framework and soft-reboot to get it back working.

If you want root and currently have it, block the update. (unless you have unlocked the boot-loader when it was previously available from 3rd parties, then you can ignore this post)