Samsung Gear 2 Notifications/Ringtones

Search This thread

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
In Good comings by Fibs we now have root Root Gear 2 on our Lovely Gear 2, For NEO users sorry dont know it will work but could always try or look in the thread. so since there is root i figure post something cool and we can change/add alerts and ringtones

Here is the Power Rangers Alert from there communicators
Power Rangers OGG

UPDATE with Bunch of Alerts/Ringtones, its the Alert.zip, unzip and choose what one you want and push to Gear 2, I didnt get to test them all so if any dont work let me know, or any request ill will try to fulfill the request. They are all in .OGG format..

Code:
beedo
Bow Chicka
DragonZord Flute
Droid
Dunk Hunt
Dukes Hazzard
GreenRanger
JetsonDoorbell
Mario Die
MarioLvl
MarioPowerUP
MinonWhat
Old Spice
Pikachu
Pikachu2
PokemonHospital
PowerRangersRing
R2-D2
SuperMarioCoin

unzip, then push to its correct file location, mind you to do so you do need root which link is posted to achieve root

sdb root on
sdb push your_ringtone.ogg /opt/share/settings/Ringtones/
reboot watch
Keep in mind free diskspace is 80MB for /opt/ don't fill it up
sdb root on
sdb push "your_ringtone.ogg" /opt/share/settings/Alerts/
reboot watch

Attachments

• Power_Rangers.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 2,494
  • Alerts.zip
    674.4 KB · Views: 1,540
Last edited:

fogame

In Good comings by Fibs we now have root Root Gear 2 on our Lovely Gear 2, For NEO users sorry dont know it will work but could always try or look in the thread. so since there is root i figure post something cool and we can change/add alerts and ringtones

Power Rangers OGG

UPDATE with Bunch of Alerts/Ringtones, its the Alert.zip, unzip and choose what one you want and push to Gear 2, I didnt get to test them all so if any dont work let me know, or any request ill will try to fulfill the request. They are all in .OGG format..

unzip, then push to its correct file location, mind you to do so you do need root which link is posted to achieve root

sdb root on
reboot watch

I can confirm that Root for Neo works as well. Lol Fibs and I tested it last night. Only issue I ran into when pushing the sounds is that sometimes it doesn't like the file after you pushed it. It will show that a place is there for it but won't play or show sound name.

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
I can confirm that Root for Neo works as well. Lol Fibs and I tested it last night. Only issue I ran into when pushing the sounds is that sometimes it doesn't like the file after you pushed it. It will show that a place is there for it but won't play or show sound name.
Could be file name itself possibly too long shorten name may work ones I tested I just had them named test

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
Maybe. Mine were pretty short. One was Zelda.ogg the other was Pokemon.ogg. Granted I put the zelda one in the ringtones folder and that is what messed it all up lol.

Ahh Lol, i havent figured what ringtone i want yet.. i love my notification, so does everyone at my work :fingers-crossed:, plus i wanna pull the ringtones out and see how long them are so i can match it to that length as well so there be no real issue

fogame

Ahh Lol, i havent figured what ringtone i want yet.. i love my notification, so does everyone at my work :fingers-crossed:, plus i wanna pull the ringtones out and see how long them are so i can match it to that length as well so there be no real issue

Lol yeah I did that.

To pull them out you would use

Code:
sdb pull /opt/share/settings/Alerts/your_sound.ogg

Ultimately if you wish to remove them from the watch all together it is a little bit more involved lol.
Also don't pull your entire Alerts folder. That messed me up.

Code:
sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
sdb rm /opt/share/settings/Alerts/stock_sound.ogg
sdb shell mount -0 remount,ro /

Just make sure not to remove your entire alerts folder lol. I did that the other day. Had to reflash everything.

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
Lol yeah I did that.

To pull them out you would use

Code:
sdb pull /opt/share/settings/Alerts/your_sound.ogg

Ultimately if you wish to remove them from the watch all together it is a little bit more involved lol.
Also don't pull your entire Alerts folder. That messed me up.

Code:
sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
sdb rm /opt/share/settings/Alerts/stock_sound.ogg
sdb shell mount -0 remount,ro /

Just make sure not to remove your entire alerts folder lol. I did that the other day. Had to reflash everything.
Why not just remake the folder?

Instead of rm you mkdir /../../..Alerts and reboot the watch and folder would appear, shouldn't have to reboot but reboot good precaution. . And of course don't use the "..." I was being lazy to put the full path

fogame

Why not just remake the folder?

Lol yeah. I just thought of that.

It would be
Code:
 sdb shell mkdir /opt/share/settings/Alerts

Add all the sound files to the alerts folder and push the entire alerts folder to the watch vs just removing files one at a time.

For the life of me I can't remember how to push an entire folder.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

To push the entire folder or directory wouldn't it be

Code:
sdb push Alerts /opt/share/settings/

Would we have to rename the original folder to Alerts2 or something like that?

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
I assume you know you have to be in she'll so I didn't say sdb shell, to push a whole folder it would be

sdb push Alerts /.../.../settings* that will push the whole folder.. also you can either rename it .bak for original, or you can push and it will overwrite the folder and adding what's not in there

Reactions: fogame

fogame

I assume you know you have to be in she'll so I didn't say sdb shell, to push a whole folder it would be

sdb push Alerts /.../.../settings* that will push the whole folder.. also you can either rename it .bak for original, or you can push and it will overwrite the folder and adding what's not in there

Yeah lol I knew that. Just wasn't sure if that was the correct command to do so.

winny57

Jan 21, 2013
do I have to me is the same mistake you have to put "Alerts” is not “alerts” i need capital letter or it to create a new folder "alerts" is not a walk

winny57

Jan 21, 2013
re
I created a script for you here's how :cool:

before you must:
you must have copied the bathroom in
Code:
 C: \ tizen-sdk \ tools
have your notification sound to a file named "Alerts"

it'll open more cases "Winny57notification" attention to this will delete all the old notification sound
when your watch restart it means that the file is copied :good:

same things for the ring but with "Winny57ringtones" in a file named "Ringtones"

edit:
ringtones bank here

Attachments

• Winny57GEAR.zip
    540 bytes · Views: 161
Last edited:
Reactions: fogame

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
do I have to me is the same mistake you have to put "Alerts” is not “alerts” i need capital letter or it to create a new folder "alerts" is not a walk
Im sorry man, i dont really understand what you are actually saying?

Yes first post does have the capital "A", and to push it is very simple to do, if you done android sdk. Pushing and pulling, its the exact same, only difference is android is "ADB Push" for the gear it would be "SDB Push"

winny57

Jan 21, 2013
I wanted to say that we must not forget the uppercase otherwise it will create a new folder

for my second post I made a simple executable for aprentie simply do what it is exclaims this will avoid too many questions may be more development

fogame

I wanted to say that we must not forget the uppercase otherwise it will create a new folder

for my second post I made a simple executable for aprentie simply do what it is exclaims this will avoid too many questions may be more development

Lol you beat me too it. Good work. My brain has been fried due to a new kid. Just didn't post all the scripts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Power Rangers OGG

Code:
    beedo
    Bow Chicka
    DragonZord Flute
    Droid
    Dunk Hunt
    Dukes Hazzard
    GreenRanger
    JetsonDoorbell
    Mario Die
    MarioLvl
    MarioPowerUP
    MinonWhat
    Old Spice
    Pikachu
    Pikachu2
    PokemonHospital
    PowerRangersRing
    R2-D2
    SuperMarioCoin

sdb root on
    sdb push your_ringtone.ogg /opt/share/settings/Ringtones/
    reboot watch
    Keep in mind free diskspace is 80MB for /opt/ don't fill it up
    sdb root on
    reboot watch

Any one have a video up on how to root it and also "push" the files for the ring tones? Im a noob with this watch
    re
    I created a script for you here's how :cool:

before you must:
    you must have copied the bathroom in
    Code:
     C: \ tizen-sdk \ tools
    have your notification sound to a file named "Alerts"

it'll open more cases "Winny57notification" attention to this will delete all the old notification sound
    when your watch restart it means that the file is copied :good:

same things for the ring but with "Winny57ringtones" in a file named "Ringtones"

edit:
    ringtones bank here