Suggestions for a Protective Cover

Search This thread

#2!

Dec 4, 2008
Diddy Kong County
I've had my dash now for 6 months and noticing im becoming less and less careful with it. I just saw on Amazon.com there are a few to choose from. I like to keep my phone in my pocket.
Any info or suggestions on what everyone else uses and likes would be greatly appreciated.

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
I've had my dash now for 6 months and noticing im becoming less and less careful with it. I just saw on Amazon.com there are a few to choose from. I like to keep my phone in my pocket.
Any info or suggestions on what everyone else uses and likes would be greatly appreciated.

Do a search for black aluminium in this forum and you will find some cases and people choices.
Link as i'm now @ computer

Last edited:

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Didn't find much help in that thread. Just long discussions about whether aluminum cases block signals.

There are some links from Pudge and also views on cases i was just about to say that it's not exact subject but there are some ideas.
I use a leather case.
There is a selection on here http://www.wirelessground.com/tdahtcexac.html reason i gave other link is as the Aluminium cases look very sturdy.

Last edited:

#2!

Dec 4, 2008
Diddy Kong County
Iv been leaning towards the cheaper silicon covers or clear plastic snap on's but I wanted some insight of whether they are worth having or if i should just save my pennies to buy a cool aluminum or leather cover.
I like the idea of having the screen covered though.:cool:

Thanks for the info Stylez.

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Iv been leaning towards the cheaper silicon covers or clear plastic snap on's but I wanted some insight of whether they are worth having or if i should just save my pennies to buy a cool aluminum or leather cover.
I like the idea of having the screen covered though.:cool:

Thanks for the info Stylez.

I used to use a silicon case on the MDA Compact but found that crap would get between the silicon and the phone, the leather case does me as i only tend to have the case on when leaving the house but the Aluminium cases do look pucka and bet they would keep the phone in better shape for longer.

gospeed.racer

Aug 19, 2007
I have a couple of the plastic covers and they are great. I wish they were rubbery (there are some that are) but the durability is great, they have protected my Dash very well. I only had one silicone cover and my complaint with it was pocket lint.

If you are a pocket person, I think you will like the plastic. If you are not, the silicone is "grippier" and thinner. I cant comment on the metal ones, they always scared me.

96xj

Sep 26, 2008
michigan
this the case i am using , http://www.wirelessground.com/tdaboglsccec.html

i needed a belt clip style to match the custom made setup i have in my vehicle from a previous phone .
holds the phone upright and secure in my field of vision even if i roll over ( yes it is an offroad vehicle ) i will try to get a pic uploaded tonight.

also , it can fit over a 1550 Mah extended battery , if you remove the back cover .