DISCONTINUED - [ROM][13-mar-2011][v0.4] Dexter's xt720 MotoBlur remake

Search This thread
V

Vistaus

I was wondering btw: will it be possible somehow (not with this version but maybe next version or so) to install it on top of your 2.2.1 ROM instead of first flashing 2.1 again?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I was wondering btw: will it be possible somehow (not with this version but maybe next version or so) to install it on top of your 2.2.1 ROM instead of first flashing 2.1 again?

it is already like that. its primarily for new users, but experts with 2.2.1 edition and the right partitions should be able to do it with no problem at all, except a wipe is needed, and note that its not compatible with 2.2sbf at all, /system is only 170MB on 2.2 thats not gonna work here..
but becides thats, its fully working.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
After applying update i loose my GSM connectivity, i am with Videotron and uses 1700 - 2100 baseband...

it works fine here? so baseband issue? maybe you still need your original baseband files?

I can't play need for speed now jus closes on me :(

the same problem seem to exist on the 2.2.1 , so im gonna test what is wrong here, and im sure the same fix apply for the 2.2.1 rom.. so patience, this one is next.. of course games should work, thats kinda basic functionality :)

update:
i managed to remove enough to get the EU rom running now..
unlock screen works fine in this update, must be a japanese thingy, they must be much quicker than us..
it seems to have more language support now, with german,french,italian etc.. sadly no danish, but i survive :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hellmonger

hellmonger

Oct 9, 2010
Laval
Videotron has specific baseband configurations i guess. i can pull from original and supply if needed.
Just tell me where they are plaes :)

easye420

Sep 28, 2010
Need for speed worked great on ur 1.1. And the time and date widget quits updating.

grigorbg

Nov 30, 2010
Sofia
For the record - I just flash 1.2 and see this blur version... and over 2.2.1... Now I can test over 2.1 EU what will gonna happen (After and before every nand restore I wipe and erase all).

About battery - morning info was a little wrong, but with Blur version sys Monitor apk don`t work correct - I was 70% on monitor and 40% in system/battery use (during my last post).

About moto blur.... The Defy UI is OK, but Defy in Bulgaria is without Moto blur account and work a little better (IMO). Same interface, same futures, but without stupid Account. If it`s easy to remove only the account maybe it will be better.

Camera apk ... I don`t like it.

Smart dialer - Wow... firts time for me and my motorola (native). It`s not the best one, but it`s a way better that previous. Between screens (dialer/recent/contacts) and after I press "dial" there is some lag - 1-3 sek at stock clock and @ 1Ghz

I see same lag when phone start ring - there is 1 to 3 sec. between 1st ring/vibration and screen power on.

I don`t care about quadrant score... I wanna fast and responsive phone and I think that this Blur version (without account login) with a little tuning ( about lag) will be very good option for most of the users.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Videotron has specific baseband configurations i guess. i can pull from original and supply if needed.
Just tell me where they are plaes :)

/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default
/etc/motorola/comm_drv

i dont need them, but you do..

ps: you need to make sure this file: /etc/motorola/comm_drv/commdrv_fs.sh
is NOT executable ie. just have chmod 644 on it for ownership rights.

I don`t care about quadrant score... I wanna fast and responsive phone and I think that this Blur version (without account login) with a little tuning ( about lag) will be very good option for most of the users.
launcher in EU edition feels really much faster, but i havent tried the other lags you mention, but there is simply no time to do alot of testing and do modding as well, so a test+mod change already can take time to verify so imagine testing all things :)
but thanks for the heads up.. i feel this version is a little different at least, framework does make a difference if their services runs better, or maybe dont do too many error calls for japanese things not available..

Last edited:
Reactions: hellmonger

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
when will the MB525 port be available? we need to flash back again to 2.1 to do it?

no, just openrecovery and a recovery of it..
it will have a /data included, so wipe will happen, but if apps are on ext partition it will reload your apps quickly but of course configs are lost.
but its the only way to include apps left out from system.

hellmonger

Oct 9, 2010
Laval
/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default
/etc/motorola/comm_drv

i dont need them, but you do..

ps: you need to make sure this file: /etc/motorola/comm_drv/commdrv_fs.sh
is NOT executable ie. just have chmod 644 on it for ownership rights.

launcher in EU edition feels really much faster, but i havent tried the other lags you mention, but there is simply no time to do alot of testing and do modding as well, so a test+mod change already can take time to verify so imagine testing all things :)
but thanks for the heads up.. i feel this version is a little different at least, framework does make a difference if their services runs better, or maybe dont do too many error calls for japanese things not available..

Ok il make a patch for Videotron users then ;)

V

Vistaus

it is already like that. its primarily for new users, but experts with 2.2.1 edition and the right partitions should be able to do it with no problem at all, except a wipe is needed, and note that its not compatible with 2.2sbf at all, /system is only 170MB on 2.2 thats not gonna work here..
but becides thats, its fully working.

Well I don't have any partitions, will it still work then without reflashing 2.1?

V

Vistaus

Thanks, gonna try it ASAP then ;)
Hopefully 720p will come back soon; that's the only thing that's missing on this remake version for now, but I can live with that if it doesn't take too long to fix it.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Thanks, gonna try it ASAP then ;)
Hopefully 720p will come back soon; that's the only thing that's missing on this remake version for now, but I can live with that if it doesn't take too long to fix it.

i will need to make a full 2.1 restore to confirm this, as i simply don't understand how it does 720p hardware wise, when te OMX drivers are not present in the sbf files i download, so maybe its cheating the hw somehow.
other moto devices uses a 720p driver for the purpose, but i guess maybe im wrong here..

to others, regarding games & Maps5.x, usb
i've been unable to get "LetsGolf","Asphalt" gameloft games, i have not been lucky finding solution to gameloft games, but all other games seems to do fine, so i guess license is the issue here..
Maps5.x replacing build.prop with samsung one, does enable multitouch rotation, but it has some other defects as some other programs fail to run like flashplayer10 which suddenly think the phone got more memory and it crashes.. so beware of creating FC's when messing with build.prop model etc...
edit: USB is also being a nasty one here, since we dont have the proper kernel and blur uses 2.2 functionaltiy to activate usb status, it hard to get it working properly. only way seems now to be a backend script doing the activation so it kinda semi-works but i don't like that.

Last edited:

grigorbg

Nov 30, 2010
Sofia
Dexter,

Can you port Defy UI (for now Defy is with Blur interface and 2.1 ) for XT720 ?

If the problem is in Kernel support ...There is no sense to waste your power and knowledge for workarounds (IMO).

I like new XT720 Blur UI and especialy smart dialer (I really need it) but now v0.1 have a lot problems and if they cannot be solved easy it will be better to find other solution.

We all want 2.2 (kernel) and even 2.3 but if this is impossible we will stay with .29 kernel and 2.2 functionality... For me important extras are:

- Defy UI and new Moto blur widgets and system extras (without Blur account)
- Smart dialer (from Blur, HTC or other)

If you can port from Defy I think that this will be enough for us (we must not forget that there is Motorola limitations) and it`s better to have something 100% tested and working, than Some native 2.2 UI with a lot of problems and a lot of patches.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Can you port Defy UI (for now Defy is with Blur interface and 2.1 ) for XT720 ?
yes, i got the new uk rom running. but with different limitations.. im almost preparing a new rom based on it.

If the problem is in Kernel support ...There is no sense to waste your power and knowledge for workarounds (IMO).
with a locked bootloader and semi-hacks that do not load a new kernel correctly, the different or requirement cannot easily be ammended.

v0.2 is being uploaded within the hour.
Changes are:
- using uk 2.2 rom
- alot more languages is now supported
- differences in settings, more like original 2.1 rom, different launcher (seems faster)
- twitter/facebook supported, but native sync seems still to be gone, that is like original defy 2.2 (i did not change anything)
- Changed buildname to "milestone", as flashplayer works better, other names makes it allocate more mem and crash often it seems.
- Gameloft games + 720p is still a problem (like in 2.2.1)
part of this seems to relate to the original korean 2.2, ill need more checking, like installing 2.1 now, for a 720p checkup and my games check(which is working or not).
edit: USB does actually work :) my last minute change to try a different usb apk and 22 binary did do the trick :)

Last edited:

mtvdeo

Jul 12, 2010
Montevideo
yes, i got the new uk rom running. but with different limitations.. im almost preparing a new rom based on it.

with a locked bootloader and semi-hacks that do not load a new kernel correctly, the different or requirement cannot easily be ammended.

v0.2 is being uploaded within the hour.
Changes are:
- using uk 2.2 rom
- alot more languages is now supported
- differences in settings, more like original 2.1 rom, different launcher (seems faster)
- twitter/facebook supported, but native sync seems still to be gone, that is like original defy 2.2 (i did not change anything)
- Still no real usb support (functionality is in new kernel)
- Changed buildname to "milestone", as flashplayer works better, other names makes it allocate more mem and crash often it seems.
- Gameloft games + 720p is still a problem (like in 2.2.1)
part of this seems to relate to the original korean 2.2, ill need more checking, like installing 2.1 now, for a 720p checkup and my games check(which is working or not).

Great :)
does the camera work? what about radio?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so here is the Blur edition based on my 2.2.1.

You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or if you like my mod or you can visit my new homepage at Dexter's mods

Changelog v0.4 maintenance release Download nandroid image here

- memory enhancements (some not majors)
    - original 2.1 cam included.

Changelog v0.3a Download nandroid image here

- fixed blur account registration to be using UK options, instead of chinese options
    - changed memory handling to be UI optimized, but limiting options for bigger games to run though (see it as UI friendly but not games friendly)

Changelog v0.3

- 720P recording works now.
    - HDMI output partly working, note: if enabled to tv out, you cannot shutdown the output, so android display appear on tv, which is a bug. but it works!
    - NOT working: FMRadio
    - Using latest defy 2.2 UK update, with more languages supported, like uk,german,french, italian, dutch,polish and few more others.
    - USB old app from 2.2 added (please ignore wifi orange icon in taskbar, thanks!)
    - removed some malware + swype defy edition.
    - not deodex'd (much faster load times)
    - ZOOM removed (not supported by our model)
    - OpenRecovery not included in nandroid, please install after restore, to keep functionality in place.
    - MilestoneOverclock app not included, but module and oc-settings file supported.
    - ext2sdcard automatically enabled if found on partition2 of sdcard.
    - gameloft games require more memory this rom got like 35MB free when running, so you need to tweak apps if you want games to run.

Install instructions:
    Make sure sdcard is visible, when you get to step 6 of instructions, or it all fails, same with restore..
    NOTE: only works on top of 2.1 sbf installs, due to large amound of /system storage..

A: users with stock 2.1 can proceed to step 1 in instructions.
    B: users with stock SBF korean 2.2 rom , need to flash stock 2.1 and goto step 1

1. root it (SuperOneClick ) - included with zip
    2. install OpenRecovery , use included apk.
    3. reboot phone once
    4. copy the folder "nandroid" to root directory of your sdcard.
    5. Make sure sdcard is not attached to pc using "mass storage share" to pc.
    6. Run OpenRecovery app and "install Recovery".
    7. Press Boot recovery
    8. restore the backup "blur22xxxx"
    9. wipe / factory reset in OpenRecovery
    10. reboot

OC-SETTINGS
    you can add a file onto the sdcard with overclock settings which loads at startup.
    see example included with zip file release for more details.
    copy it directly to sdcard, and you got 1Ghz settings configured.
    note: editing the file with notepad might corrupt it as its linux formatted, so use an editor with support for linux text files.

Issues reported in v0.3:
    none for now
    Little update,
    I have Blur installed currently and trying out some fixing.. but if it helps i don't know yet. i got the Regular camera working on this version, but that might also work fine with camera app from the xt720 edition i don't know.

but i find it better, ill post the update.
    hi dexter,

your work is amazing and it gr8 wen installed. I really like the blur version the only thing is that the low memory and camera, music, media scanner which does not work. I am using this for more than a month on blur version. Can we expect any blur version released with bug fixes??
    yes!
    i will make an update and try and include latest fixes we seen in the regular mod, most of it should fit perfectly into Blur edition.
    Hey Dexter since your motor blur port has gone as far as it seems it can go is there any way we can get a port of your MIUI rom. Khals theme made me want the whole rom.
    After applying update i loose my GSM connectivity, i am with Videotron and uses 1700 - 2100 baseband...

it works fine here? so baseband issue? maybe you still need your original baseband files?

I can't play need for speed now jus closes on me :(

the same problem seem to exist on the 2.2.1 , so im gonna test what is wrong here, and im sure the same fix apply for the 2.2.1 rom.. so patience, this one is next.. of course games should work, thats kinda basic functionality :)

update:
    i managed to remove enough to get the EU rom running now..
    unlock screen works fine in this update, must be a japanese thingy, they must be much quicker than us..
    it seems to have more language support now, with german,french,italian etc.. sadly no danish, but i survive :)