FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2012, 02:10 AM |#121  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo200

i would go for xiaomi m2 1.5ghz qualcomm krait quadcore, adreno 320, 2gb ram..have 3000mah battery..

Sent from my Dell Venue using xda premium

I would, but being stuck with MIUI is going to kill me.

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

7th September 2012, 02:20 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Galaxy Nexus... google all the way. If you are going to root this is the best for custom roms... for example.. Bugless Beast and AOKP started with the galaxy nexus and very few other devices for the new jellybean roms.
7th September 2012, 02:51 AM |#123  
Flag chennai

More
I dude am planed to buy sony tipo or galaxy ace but little confusion which one best for hd gaming...and which one is a stable one pls suggest me....
7th September 2012, 03:06 AM |#124  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DankDiesel

Galaxy Nexus... google all the way. If you are going to root this is the best for custom roms... for example.. Bugless Beast and AOKP started with the galaxy nexus and very few other devices for the new jellybean roms.

I'm starting to read that people have horrible reception with the nexus. Unfortunate too as I was probably going to buy one.
7th September 2012, 03:30 AM |#125  
Flag Northbrook

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naren2623

I dude am planed to buy sony tipo or galaxy ace but little confusion which one best for hd gaming...and which one is a stable one pls suggest me....

The Galaxy Ace has a slightly better CPU, a better camera, and a larger screen, but lacks in OS version and RAM.
The Xperia Tipo has a smaller screen, Android 4.0.3, and more RAM.
The boost in RAM and OS version probably makes the Tipo the better choice, but you sacrifice screen real estate. Don't expect to get too hardcore on either of these devices though, both are ARMv6

7th September 2012, 06:23 PM |#126  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
What should be my pick???
I have a photon4G that I purchased few months ago. But bcoz of its unusual behaviors like unusual restarts, blackouts, network errors, i am just fed up from the phone. I purchased that from ebay and it was without any warranty. So now I cant return it back.So I want to buy some another stuff, but not photon this time I researched a lot about photon and then I purchased bcoz so It has really deadly h/w combinations.. So my next would be something same to photon.

1. 4 or 4+ inches with Hi Quality display , AMOLED, SUPER AMOLED, QHD, IPS whatever
2. 1GB RAM (512 in worst case)
3. 4GB or + Internal Memory with External Card Support.
5. 1+ Ghz Processor
6. GSM only
7. Andriod only with Upgradable
8. The most imp, can able to install custom roms with ease.
9. Preferable Brands HTC / Motorola {plz do not suggest me buy Sammy/LG/ Sony. I hate these brands} . I can even also try brands like Acer, Dell, HP, Pillips, Panasonic, Toshiba,Casio, Gigabyte, Sharp, Fly or any Chinese or Korean brands like Meizu and Xiami, Blu, Pantech whatever.
10. My Budget is INR 150000-17000 almost USD 250-300

Thanks and waiting for suggestions
7th September 2012, 06:31 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitranjan

I have a photon4G that I purchased few months ago. But bcoz of its unusual behaviors like unusual restarts, blackouts, network errors, i am just fed up from the phone. I purchased that from ebay and it was without any warranty. So now I cant return it back.So I want to buy some another stuff, but not photon this time I researched a lot about photon and then I purchased bcoz so It has really deadly h/w combinations.. So my next would be something same to photon.

1. 4 or 4+ inches with Hi Quality display , AMOLED, SUPER AMOLED, QHD, IPS whatever
2. 1GB RAM (512 in worst case)
3. 4GB or + Internal Memory with External Card Support.
5. 1+ Ghz Processor
6. GSM only
7. Andriod only with Upgradable
8. The most imp, can able to install custom roms with ease.
9. Preferable Brands HTC / Motorola {plz do not suggest me buy Sammy/LG/ Sony. I hate these brands} . I can even also try brands like Acer, Dell, HP, Pillips, Panasonic, Toshiba,Casio, Gigabyte, Sharp, Fly or any Chinese or Korean brands like Meizu and Xiami, Blu, Pantech whatever.
10. My Budget is INR 150000-17000 almost USD 250-300

Thanks and waiting for suggestions

I've done a quick search for you and with your budget and demands it's pretty tough to find a brand new phone which meets your demands. But what about a Panasonic Eluga?
7th September 2012, 07:26 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Sign New phone or tablet?
I'm currently using the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4g. Its a small gingerbread phone that does everything I need but its feels kinda small in my hands. I'm currently running CM9 on it which is very stable. Should I get a new phone or buy a new tablet(Nexus 7...)? And what type should I get? Thank you for your contributions!
7th September 2012, 10:06 PM |#129  
Shermans Dale, PA
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm torn... I'm possibly switching jobs and will be losing my company paid phone, which is an AT&T Galaxy Nexus. I'll be moving to a single user plan and I average about 6-7 GB a month. Because of that, Verizon is super expensive, AT&T&T-Mobile coverage is horrible, so that leaves Sprint.

I love the Nexus and the fact that it is the "Google" phone, but the experience on the CDMA phones is not the same as the GSM model, as all of my friends have Verizon Nexuses and I hear their complaints.

Torn between going with the Nexus or the GSIII for Sprint. I'm into Modding, so if the ROM's available for the Nexus are solid performers, its a clear cut win in my book, but battery life is atrocious from what I've heard and the GSIII is twice the price with older software.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Is it possible to talk and surf at the same time with these phones now? If you have LTE?
7th September 2012, 10:38 PM |#130  
Flag Northbrook

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2quick

I'm torn... I'm possibly switching jobs and will be losing my company paid phone, which is an AT&T Galaxy Nexus. I'll be moving to a single user plan and I average about 6-7 GB a month. Because of that, Verizon is super expensive, AT&T&T-Mobile coverage is horrible, so that leaves Sprint.

I love the Nexus and the fact that it is the "Google" phone, but the experience on the CDMA phones is not the same as the GSM model, as all of my friends have Verizon Nexuses and I hear their complaints.

Torn between going with the Nexus or the GSIII for Sprint. I'm into Modding, so if the ROM's available for the Nexus are solid performers, its a clear cut win in my book, but battery life is atrocious from what I've heard and the GSIII is twice the price with older software.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Is it possible to talk and surf at the same time with these phones now? If you have LTE?

The galaxy s3 is a better choice, because its way newer and has BEASTLY specs. Galaxy nexus with Sprint bloatware ruins the purpose of nexus, and it runs an older TI OMAP CPU. It should have great development, so if software is your problem then there's definitely a custom ROM out there. Not only that, but Sammy makes it easy to root their phones (they support cyanogenmod), so that fills in your modding hobby. (NAturally the gnexus should have more development but its not like the s3's is bad)
Physical buttons are also nicer IMO but that's a matter of personal taste.

8th September 2012, 05:47 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
well ive been looking for an android smartphone i was using the lg optimus one the p505 phoenix it was really good but now i want something bigger
i was seeing the nexus one but i ve told that it has hardware problems that is not good so what others model can you suggest me to buy of course the one goes cheaper

how about the motorola droid 2 global
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)