263 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By Sorensiim, Senior Member on 29th December 2010, 01:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2011, 04:48 PM |#111  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Also is it possible if someone can post a picture of the connections and the battery. I would like to ensure I'm doing this correctly.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk
14th November 2011, 11:34 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Managed to get it working, installed an SBF, but now phone is fully bricked - completely dead. Will not turn on with battery or with USB power connectors.
14th November 2011, 08:08 PM |#113  
Flag Austin

More
OK i just did the usb hack and plugged it in the wall instead of laptop.. no light came on and if i press the power button the white light flashes once then turns off.

I then plugged it into the laptop usb and saw that the laptop for first time since this no battery issue recognized the Defy.. it said looking for drivers and then a pop up message came up which said "Motorola Defy ready for Flash". I got excited and loaded up RSD lite and the sbf.. only to be dissapointed because it couldn't recognize the phone.. I noticed that the laptop had lost connection with the phone once again..
14th November 2011, 09:33 PM |#114  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,162

Donate to Me
More
Today it was the first time I got the "battery low"-message and your trick was very helpful. Within 15minutes my defy was working like before.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
14th November 2011, 10:07 PM |#115  
Flag Austin

More
I still can't get this to work..

Also I have noticed that when I looked in the computer device manager I can see that the defy is plugged in with its Moto usb drivedrs and a message that says Motorola flash interface.. there are no options other than uninstall the motorola flash interface..

its been days and i keep trying this with no luck..I feel I'm doing something wrong as so many people have benefited from this..

please help
15th November 2011, 07:11 AM |#116  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Is your Defy still showing "battery low - cannot program" or is it ready to program now?
If not you didn't correctly connected the cables to the battery.

If it's ready to program it should work. The only difference to what I did is that I used sbf_flash to flash the firmware because I'm using Linux.

Another problem could be, that you have an defective contact between the phone and your +5V-source. This could result in an aborted flash-process.
15th November 2011, 01:50 PM |#117  
Flag Austin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m11kkaa

Is your Defy still showing "battery low - cannot program" or is it ready to program now?
If not you didn't correctly connected the cables to the battery.

If it's ready to program it should work. The only difference to what I did is that I used sbf_flash to flash the firmware because I'm using Linux.

Another problem could be, that you have an defective contact between the phone and your +5V-source. This could result in an aborted flash-process.

My phone doesn't show a message. Only has white light appear when connected to laptop. Today I used a friend's defy to charge my battery then put my battery back in my phone and still will not boot.

15th November 2011, 04:02 PM |#118  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I think you have another problem, too.
It's possible to brick your defy so it won't show anything on the screen.
This happens if you cancle the flash-process or flash a ROM with a lower CG-version.

I think this thread should help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1076735
The Following User Says Thank You to m11kkaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 05:15 PM |#119  
Flag Austin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m11kkaa

I think you have another problem, too.
It's possible to brick your defy so it won't show anything on the screen.
This happens if you cancle the flash-process or flash a ROM with a lower CG-version.

I think this thread should help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1076735

Before coming here I used that method and unlike the comment on that thread red lite did not detect it. I figured my phone needed this hack to get it going. When I get home today I will try again to load red lite.

15th November 2011, 09:15 PM |#120  
Flag Austin

More
Now that I have 100 percent charge to my batter.. my phone will no longer light up the white light while plugged into the laptop..

I have tried holding volume up and power and nothing happens.. screen is black and no lights.. tried again while plugged into laptop with same results.

Before when batter had no charge I would easily get the white light on laptop..now that I have full charge I get no light..

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Just figured it out.. I haven't seen this mentioned before on these thread..

on RSD lite

make sure to have First Come First Serve checked!

After doing that my phone was easily detected with the full charge batter and I was able to install sbf file..

I'm so happy.. thanks to all for the effort :)
19th November 2011, 05:39 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Another hint
This a genious way to complete a flash when stuck with low battery and no other way to charge battery up.

What I also did was to cover the far right and far left battery poles with tape, leaving only the 2 middle plates exposed. Then use the USB +/- wires and expose the bare copper "hairs" and tape them over the original taped plates. This wat only the phone gets the USB current. Why this may be beneficial is that the battery does not get exposed to the 5V USB current and you minimize risk of damage/explosion (?).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, hack, mcgyver, modding, program

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)