[Q] Any type of Recovery goes to Download/Odin Mode?

Search This thread

Vahgi

Jan 21, 2014
Hi everyone!
Today I attempted to install a ROM for the first time using ROM Manager. I flashed Clockwork Mod Recovery and then downloaded CyanogenMod and tried to install it (pressed Reboot / Install in ROM Manager). My phone then went into Download/Odin mode. It then didn't do anything for ~10 minutes, and after taking out the battery, the phone still went into Download mode. I got it to boot normally by pressing Home + Power + Volume Down and then pressing cancel when it prompted me to enter download mode. However, every time I attempt to boot into recovery, normally or ClockWork, the phone just goes to download mode. I even tried to do a factory reset, and the phone booted again into Download Mode.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks!

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Hi everyone!
Today I attempted to install a ROM for the first time using ROM Manager. I flashed Clockwork Mod Recovery and then downloaded CyanogenMod and tried to install it (pressed Reboot / Install in ROM Manager). My phone then went into Download/Odin mode. It then didn't do anything for ~10 minutes, and after taking out the battery, the phone still went into Download mode. I got it to boot normally by pressing Home + Power + Volume Down and then pressing cancel when it prompted me to enter download mode. However, every time I attempt to boot into recovery, normally or ClockWork, the phone just goes to download mode. I even tried to do a factory reset, and the phone booted again into Download Mode.
Thanks!

U Can't install any other recovery if your are on MK2 firmware. .... I'm assuming that was your original firmware anyway. ....Since u don't give enough information so we can help you......U soft bricked your phone by installing custom recovery .....U CAN ONLY INSTALL SAFESTRAP RECOVERY .......Follow my thread on post #3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080...... Try flashing i337mk2stockrecovery.tar.md5 from Odin....... go to download /Odin mode from your phone since u stuck in there anyway.... open Any ODIN version. .... flash that files on PDA slot. .... It should get your stock Mk2 recovery. .... check this thread by @guut13 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221 there is alot of information regarding MK2 firmware. .... rooting method. .... List of compatible custom and stock 4.3 firmware. ......Please READ before u damage your phone even more.....If I helped u please hit Thank button. ..... or u can pm me if u need more help ...... Goodluck. ...:D:p:D

Swyped from MK2 Dark Carnage SS Edition

Reactions: Vahgi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!
    Thanks!

U Can't install any other recovery if your are on MK2 firmware. .... I'm assuming that was your original firmware anyway. ....Since u don't give enough information so we can help you......U soft bricked your phone by installing custom recovery .....U CAN ONLY INSTALL SAFESTRAP RECOVERY .......Follow my thread on post #3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080...... Try flashing i337mk2stockrecovery.tar.md5 from Odin....... go to download /Odin mode from your phone since u stuck in there anyway.... open Any ODIN version. .... flash that files on PDA slot. .... It should get your stock Mk2 recovery. .... check this thread by @guut13 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221 there is alot of information regarding MK2 firmware. .... rooting method. .... List of compatible custom and stock 4.3 firmware. ......Please READ before u damage your phone even more.....If I helped u please hit Thank button. ..... or u can pm me if u need more help ...... Goodluck. ...:D:p:D

Swyped from MK2 Dark Carnage SS Edition