[ODIN][UCKD5] Odin - Stock (100% or Root+3e) - (Update 06/05/11)

Search This thread

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
This will flash the stock kernel, modem, system, dbdata and cache. There's no need for a pit since we do not have any other OS versions to flash yet that would re-partition your device.

Instructions:
1) Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed.
2) Please unzip the .zip file.
3) Run Odin3 v1.81.exe (as administrator if you are on Windows 7)
4) Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, press and hold both Volume keys, put battery in and plug the USB cable in)
5) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
5) Click the PDA button and choose the .tar.md5 file in the .zip.
6) Press Start.
7) After it completes, it will reboot your device and should boot up like normal. If it fails on flash see FAQ Question 4 below!

There is ALWAYS risk when flashing your device. Unfortunately, I will not be held responsible. Please use this as a means to get back to stock if something happens.

* DO NOT FLASH PIT (PIT not included).
* DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING IN ODIN EXCEPT "AUTO-REBOOT" AND "F. RESET TIME" (should be checked by default)

FAQ:
Question 1: Why does it have .md5 at the end?
Answer: Its in md5 format so in case your download is corrupted, you dont brick your phone.

Question 2: Can I rename it to just .tar and flash?
Answer: DO NOT rename it from md5 format. If it says the md5 sum is invalid, then it will not flash. Just re-download again and try again.

Question 3: Why does it give an error if i try to open in in 7zip/WinRAR/WinZip?
Answer: It should! Windows doesn't recognize when an md5sum is written to the end of a file. Don't panic!

Question 4: It passed the md5sum check, but failed writing on factoryfs. What do I do?!?
Answer: This is exactly what happened to me. Don't panic. Follow these steps exactly:
* Hold the power button to turn off.
* Make sure Odin is still open.
* Plug the USB cable in and hold the volume keys down at the same time. You will be on the screen with a "Phone ! PC" screen.
* Press Start on Odin.
* Once it completes, it will boot up into recovery. Don't worry about wiping cache or user data. Just choose "Reboot Device".

This flash takes quite a long period of time due to the size of the files. I'd say it took me 5 - 10 minutes for the flash to complete. Be patient! Afterwards it booted up with recovery, and chose Reboot Now.

* codeworkx - for the advice and assistance!
* beatblaster - First tester after a bad framework-res update.
* Realityfalse - Second tester
* dotsad - Third tester
* imnuts - Very Helpful advice and instructions for Odin installations!
* My Infuse - Fourth and final tester (thought I lost her for a minute there!)

Download Links:
UCKD5 Stock + Root + 3e Modded Recovery
UCKD5 100% Stock (no root, no 3e Modded Recovery)

Last edited:

rblankman

Nov 17, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
not working

sitting at Samsung boot screen for 20 minutes now! Cant get recovery. any ideas?

Tried re-flashing multiple times. downloaded from mirror. same thing. reboots after odin is successful then sits endlessly at Samsung boot logo.

Last edited:

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Last edited:

Unkrash

Mar 30, 2011
Though it's too late for me to try it myself, I'm sure this will be a great help to everyone! Thanks so much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
well use the .tar file in this thread, put it in the pda slot in odin. put the phone in download mode and connect it to the computer. have auto reboot selected. and hit start.

if that doesnt work then try it again except put pit.pit in the pit slot and the .tar from this thread in the phone slot, select repartition, put phone in download mode, connect it to the computer and hit start.

Reactions: Awni5

Awni5

Jun 24, 2008
well use the .tar file in this thread, put it in the pda slot in odin. put the phone in download mode and connect it to the computer. have auto reboot selected. and hit start.

if that doesnt work then try it again except put pit.pit in the pit slot and the .tar from this thread in the phone slot, select repartition, put phone in download mode, connect it to the computer and hit start.

did you fix your phone and work fine now or still his lock Bootloader ?

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
no it was someone else. i have fixed my captivate many time though. that would have normally been my next step if it didnt work the first time.

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
sitting at Samsung boot screen for 20 minutes now! Cant get recovery. any ideas?

Tried re-flashing multiple times. downloaded from mirror. same thing. reboots after odin is successful then sits endlessly at Samsung boot logo.

Can you wipe all user data and wipe cache from recovery (power phone off via power button or battery pull, hold both volune keys down, then hold power down until samsung appears on the screen and let go of ONLY power)? That should get you to boot.

This happened to beatblaster when we tested. Then he did the data wipes in recovery and booted up fine.

Last edited:

tnayrbj

Mar 18, 2007
Louisville, KY
Thanks

Thanks for doing this, I am trying to learn how to dev on android and Ubuntu and was installing and also waiting for a way back before doing anything.

beatblaster

Jul 23, 2008
Chicagoland
how can I clear data and cache without recovery? is there a way in ODIN?
TO get into recovery to wipe data and cache, unplug your phone from the USB cable then make sure the phone is powered off. While the device is powered off press and hold the 2 volume buttons then while holding those 2 volume buttons down press and hold the power button. That will get you into recovery. WHile in there, you can wipe user data and wipe cache. Give that a go.

rblankman

Nov 17, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
understood. However, as I was able to successfuly get into recovery by that method before attempting the ODIN restore, It will not enter recovery after ODIN flashed the stock.

beatblaster

Jul 23, 2008
Chicagoland
understood. However, as I was able to successfuly get into recovery by that method before attempting the ODIN restore, It will not enter recovery after ODIN flashed the stock.
Whoa. The only thing I can recommend from here is to try to flash via ODIN again or take the brick back to the store and swap for new. Next time, I'd recommend not fixing anything unless it's broken ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will flash the stock kernel, modem, system, dbdata and cache. There's no need for a pit since we do not have any other OS versions to flash yet that would re-partition your device.

Instructions:
    1) Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed.
    2) Please unzip the .zip file.
    3) Run Odin3 v1.81.exe (as administrator if you are on Windows 7)
    4) Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, press and hold both Volume keys, put battery in and plug the USB cable in)
    5) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
    5) Click the PDA button and choose the .tar.md5 file in the .zip.
    6) Press Start.
    7) After it completes, it will reboot your device and should boot up like normal. If it fails on flash see FAQ Question 4 below!

There is ALWAYS risk when flashing your device. Unfortunately, I will not be held responsible. Please use this as a means to get back to stock if something happens.

* DO NOT FLASH PIT (PIT not included).
    * DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING IN ODIN EXCEPT "AUTO-REBOOT" AND "F. RESET TIME" (should be checked by default)

FAQ:
    Question 1: Why does it have .md5 at the end?
    Answer: Its in md5 format so in case your download is corrupted, you dont brick your phone.

Question 2: Can I rename it to just .tar and flash?
    Answer: DO NOT rename it from md5 format. If it says the md5 sum is invalid, then it will not flash. Just re-download again and try again.

Question 3: Why does it give an error if i try to open in in 7zip/WinRAR/WinZip?
    Answer: It should! Windows doesn't recognize when an md5sum is written to the end of a file. Don't panic!

Question 4: It passed the md5sum check, but failed writing on factoryfs. What do I do?!?
    Answer: This is exactly what happened to me. Don't panic. Follow these steps exactly:
    * Hold the power button to turn off.
    * Make sure Odin is still open.
    * Plug the USB cable in and hold the volume keys down at the same time. You will be on the screen with a "Phone ! PC" screen.
    * Press Start on Odin.
    * Once it completes, it will boot up into recovery. Don't worry about wiping cache or user data. Just choose "Reboot Device".

This flash takes quite a long period of time due to the size of the files. I'd say it took me 5 - 10 minutes for the flash to complete. Be patient! Afterwards it booted up with recovery, and chose Reboot Now.

* codeworkx - for the advice and assistance!
    * beatblaster - First tester after a bad framework-res update.
    * Realityfalse - Second tester
    * dotsad - Third tester
    * imnuts - Very Helpful advice and instructions for Odin installations!
    * My Infuse - Fourth and final tester (thought I lost her for a minute there!)

Download Links:
    UCKD5 Stock + Root + 3e Modded Recovery
    UCKD5 100% Stock (no root, no 3e Modded Recovery)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    You helped me a lot with this =D
    Worked for me. Thanks.

This has worked for me. Phone is now back to stock and working fine. Thanks a lot to the OP.

I have made a video of the steps which I have followed to take my phone back to stock. Here's the youtube link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ZMku8TtTk
    I'm on froyo as I can install the Red cwm with SGS Kernel Flasher help me

How many dead threads are you going to post in?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    ok, Are you going to tweak it and re-link the new one? If you need me to test it id be more than willing. Just pm me and ill do my best

yes sir! i will be uploading tonight.