[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
So all we need is Camera, GPS and WiMax?

Have you tried the Qualcomm Vision GPS 2.0 drivers?

Just a shot in the dark.

P.S. Keep up the good work!

hoesnaps

Oct 14, 2010
is this the same one from last night?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App

anthonyf27

May 7, 2010
Looks really good so far.

BTW, a couple of things that aren't listed on the "broken" section.
1. Using GPS crashed my phone
2. The shift, function, and @ buttons don't work on the physical keyboard.

one_love_420

Oct 24, 2010
onerhythmprojects.org

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
Would love to use this but there are to many video glitches

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

KiDxNinja

Jan 13, 2012
After trying 3 ics builds I'm waiting for something with a camera lol. I'd love to test if necessary though. Good work and good luck.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

anthonyf27

May 7, 2010
I've been using the build for a few days now. The only thing that's really driving me nuts is that when you slide out the keyboard, the video goes nuts. Otherwise, so far, it's working really well. Few bugs here and there, but nothing crazy.

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
gave the alpha 4 a shot, its nice but is there a different gapps zip thats needed because i couldnt get the market to download using the gapps from alpha2

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Just use Crashv2010's gapps zip?

This doesn't work. Don't use it, use the gapps in the OP.

In addition, great work on the ROM!

I know you said don't report bugs but I'll report them anyway since you didn't include them in the OP:

#1 main issue) display corruption especially on rotation
#2 camera requires a button to turn it "on" in the app
#3 hardware keyboard doesn't work properly, namely the function key
#4 touch keyboard shows while hardware keyboard is out.

Other than that, this is pretty much a done deal.

Reactions: galaara98

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I'm not sure if the gapps in the OP are the same as koush's but here they are if anyone wants to try them out and compare the results. Just click on the zip button on github and there ya go ;)
Koush's ICS gapps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium