I need help restoring my phone - odin wont flash it

Search This thread

ArbitrageMan

Aug 1, 2010
DC
Background is, I was flashing JAC's latest kernel onto my phone, which I had done twice before. Unfortunately, ODIN was getting stuck at zimage. After trying a few times, I decided to go back to the version of the kernel I was running previously, which I knew worked. I tried to flash the kernel but odin kept getting stuck on zimage again.

I tried restarting the computer, battery pulls on the phone, different usb ports and nothing has worked.

In desperation I tried to flash the stock firmware back, but ODIN gets stuck at cache.rfs.

Did I brick my phone?

ArbitrageMan

Aug 1, 2010
DC
Which version of windows are you using? Try from a different computer.

Windows 7 32bit. I've also tried a computer running xp home.

My main pc runs windows 7 64 bit, but odin doesn't work on it, even in compatibility mode.

The phone is f'ed. Im going into the tmo store this morning, I hope they dont give me a hard time.

ArbitrageMan

Aug 1, 2010
DC
BS! Heh, I restored my phone using ODIN flasher. I have windows 7 64 bit. I don't have to do anything special, just followed directions and it worked. Make sure you have 64 bit Samsung Drivers.

Done. The phone is detected by odin in 7 - 64, but when I try to flash, odin throws up a couple of messages in chinese and then sits there doing nothing. It never starts the flashing process.

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010
You guys try flashing anything via clockwork recently? There are recovery images for stock inside the odin thread from jac and stock I images for a kernel in his kernel thread... That's if you can even get into recovery now.....

Pooped from my Samsung Vibrant using XDA app... Dont mind the skidmarks...

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010
No idea if this will help, but make sure you are using a later version of Odin (1.7 or above).

Also might try flashing with Heimdall. Works very well in my experience.