[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
Once we have source ics our phone will be intergrated and officially have nightlies. (My logical assumption)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
We've had nightlies for a couple days now :p

Shabby's nightlies. He is talking about Official CM9 nightlies and yeah its coming soon enough from what keeps being said in IRC.

As far as recovery goes yeah we have that back as well. Between a safe updater binary and safe wipe in recovery its getting to be a whole lot nicer here.

snake4812

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
Kind of stupid thing.... but I think people will get used to that new Cid logo- already starting to grow on me a bit. Change is progress friends- don't resist just roll with it

sent from cyanogenmod9 on e4gt

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Yup that's correct. Also our 6/14 release I believe is technically a test build of the just announced "release candidate" of cm9

Sorry but not true. I think we will see one more alpha release before we finally get ICS source and
become "official."

Once we have source ics our phone will be intergrated and officially have nightlies. (My logical assumption)

I believe so.

Yes there has been a rc for our phone since 6/12 :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
We have no RC yet for the E4GT. That won't come til we at least have source.

We've had nightlies for a couple days now :p

Shhhh ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Shabby's nightlies. He is talking about Official CM9 nightlies and yeah its coming soon enough from what keeps being said in IRC.

As far as recovery goes yeah we have that back as well. Between a safe updater binary and safe wipe in recovery its getting to be a whole lot nicer here.

Official nightly and stable builds for E4GT are not anytime soon. This will only be possible after we have a fully working kernel built from source, which means either Samsung releases ICS or sbrissen's kernel is made fully capable. After we can build our own kernel, we can make a fully safe kernel, and not rely on the forced update-binary hack currently in the pre-alpha6 CWM integrated into the recent CM9 builds.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Reactions: slick_rick

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
Official nightly and stable builds for E4GT are not anytime soon. This will only be possible after we have a fully working kernel built from source, which means either Samsung releases ICS or sbrissen's kernel is made fully capable. After we can build our own kernel, we can make a fully safe kernel, and not rely on the forced update-binary hack currently in the pre-alpha6 CWM integrated into the recent CM9 builds.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I am aware of this but the developers involved felt that this was still "soon". As in weeks not months. We are all aware we need kernel source, or a completed cm9 kernel and time past that before we get rolled into that.

Yup that's correct. Also our 6/14 release I believe is technically a test build of the just announced "release candidate" of cm9

Sorry but not true. I think we will see one more alpha release before we finally get ICS source and
become "official."

Rick i do not think either of you two are talking about the same thing. He said that he believed the 6/14 build was built off what is currently being held as an official candidate for cm9. 6/14 being for our phone and the candidate source being not. He was not saying this was the release candidate for our phone in any way shape or form.

I dunno where shabby is posting changes and commits so its hard to say what each build is comprised of, but since its all pulled from Darchs repository you can look there.

Last edited:

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
I am aware of this but the developers involved felt that this was still "soon". As in not months.

Rick i do not think either of you two are talking about the same thing. He said that he believed the 6/14 build was built off the code that is currently being held as an official candidate for cm9. 6/14 being for our phone and the candidate source being not. He was not saying this was the release candidate for our phone in any way shape or form.

I dunno where shabby is posting changes and commits so its hard to say what each build is comprised of, but since its all pulled from Darchs repository you can look there.
I see what you mean RMS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

xxtavarxx

Jan 4, 2011
Fort Myers, FL
Big difference in update my phone just snaps at my commands I love the speed of this rom I tried mms and it just kept on saying sending went to titanium backup restore mms from A5 and within seconds my mms sent :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: slick_rick

neudof

Nov 24, 2008
Mayer, MN
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Last edited:

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida

mad82109

Aug 10, 2009
Flashed this anyway. Even tho the external_sdcard sdcard emcc thing is still present. Lol. The the said it would be fixed once the kernel is released, so I'll wait. Lol thanks to everyone who made this rom.

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
Flashed this anyway. Even tho the external_sdcard sdcard emcc thing is still present. Lol. The the said it would be fixed once the kernel is released, so I'll wait. Lol thanks to everyone who made this rom.

Go to storage in settings. Press the menu button (next to home) click change configuration. Unchecked the box.

Nov 2, 2010
NYC
Anyone else Having a problem attaching files with gmail? I just tried sending 7 emails each with an attachment, either an apk or a zip. The emails went thru but not the attachments. I used the email app and had no problem. Anyone else having the same problem or know a fix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts