[MOD]Data Speed Tweak [ICS/GB][Wifi/3g/4g]>Flashable ZIP<

Search This thread

monkeychef

Jul 21, 2010
NJ
I posted this in general a few days ago. There's an app that does this and undoes it in the original thread. No need for a zip.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Sinyc

Jul 9, 2009
Tried the data tweaks. Didn't notice any increase. 1.3 Mbps d/l with both.

As for the other tweaks, I've been using the car o dope tweaks, and haven't been happier.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using xda premium.

fiddy619

Nov 2, 2010
San Diego
Tried the data tweaks. Didn't notice any increase. 1.3 Mbps d/l with both.

As for the other tweaks, I've been using the car o dope tweaks, and haven't been happier.

The results from the original thread where about 80/20 as about 80-85% of people noticed a gain, and about 15-20% noticed no change at all, for me i gained about 300k, but noticing that there weren't any adverse effects, I felt i good to post...

I posted this in general a few days ago. There's an app that does this and undoes it in the original thread. No need for a zip.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Please do tell what the app is, as i haven't seen anything that adjusts the network setting in sysctl.conf, only memory type tweaks, which is why i stated that you may have already made adjustments to this file and to make sure to check before make any of these changes.

Reactions: jelive

jelive

Nov 7, 2008
San Antonio, Tx.
Google Pixel 6
Backed up current sysctl.conf in Deck Reloaded rom and added tweaks manually...I'll be damned, in two speedtest got about a 40-50% increase in dl but not much consistent ul improvement over Sprint 3g...haven't tested wi-fi or 4g but welcome change :D Also using Zepp's 3G turbocharger (which is different tweaks).

Thanks much.

Last edited:

fiddy619

Nov 2, 2010
San Diego
My ping is horrible with this mod even though there's a slight improvement in download speed. Ping is in the 800-1300ms.

That is strange, I actually improved ping by about 50 went from 180ish to 130ish...

Still trying to get my flashable zips working right...

Can someone please help me out with these zips, they keep failing to update install aborted. Honestly this is the first time I've made flashable zips, and i'm using a mac, so not exactly sure where i'm going wrong:confused:

Last edited:

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks for this
I added it manually and I do notice an improvement of how fast the pages load and on ics it seems to render quicker too

Ill do speed tests in a couple minutes to see the difference

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

Sinyc

Jul 9, 2009
Decides to give it another shot during the day. Browser rendering was slower than normal. Also did some speed tests.

Top 3 are with mod.
Bottom 3 are stock.

627d1c46-1d06-0396.jpg

I'm on CM7 RC2 btw.

Last edited:

jerry43812

Feb 27, 2010
www.market4android.com
If I can find the file on my Hero to edit and it fixes my highly degraded internet quality/speed issue, I am going to be in HEAVEN! Glad I found this thread. Trying it out on my Evo 4G now!

fiddy619

Nov 2, 2010
San Diego
If I can find the file on my Hero to edit and it fixes my highly degraded internet quality/speed issue, I am going to be in HEAVEN! Glad I found this thread. Trying it out on my Evo 4G now!

This file will work on your Hero, I'm just not sure of the net speed increase... But if you are using CM7, then your file structure is exactly same as mine, and it will work!

BuddaBelly

May 2, 2010
Guthrie, OK
This tweak completely fixes the blurry text slow rendering in the browser on ICS. I couldn't get it to work correctly until I manually added the text but it works well now and the speed is noticeable. Thanks

fiddy619

Nov 2, 2010
San Diego
This tweak completely fixes the blurry text slow rendering in the browser on ICS. I couldn't get it to work correctly until I manually added the text but it works well now and the speed is noticeable. Thanks

Good to hear, I'm not currently using ICS, did the zip not work for ICS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a known Linux speed tweak, and i found it on the epic 4g thread (my son has one, and I loaded CM9 on his phone) that was started by marcusant. So, i'm really just sharing the info with the Evo community, but I truly think it is quite valuable info, and will likely work on any Android based device since as stated earlier it is a Linux tweak. This has only been tested on ICS, and GB, but I'm pretty sure results will be the same with Sense...

This is what i did, and for those of you that want to add it yourself, just add this code...

Code:
    net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
    net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
    net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
    net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 39000 187000
    net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 39000 187000
    net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 187000 187000 187000
    net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf = 1
    to a file sysctl.conf (you can use root explorer to make a new file, or whatever file manager tool you like) then using root explorer copy the file and navigate to /system/etc/ mount as r/w and rename the original sysctl.conf file to sysctl.conf.bak, then paste the one you originally copied (you can add the lines of code to the original file if you are using a edited one already). Then change ownership to root/root, and permissions to rw/r/r, then mount back to r/o, and exit root explorer, and reboot. If it works you should notice your browser opening pages faster, the market much faster, and of course speed test will be faster.

I was pm'd this as a way to get this properly working on ICS. Thanks ratkiley

ratkiley said:
    You can ignore my previous email because I found the solution. I am sharing it with you so you could update your original forum post with the missing information.

At first, I was not able to install the data speed tweak zip files through my ClockWorkMod recovery ROM on my Ice Cream Sandwich / Android 4.0 phone. After various experimentation, I figured out the solution.

To install the zip from the SD card,

1. Copy the zip file into the root of your SD card
    2. Boot into Clockwork mod recovery rom on your phone.
    3. Mount the /system/ folder. (So you don't flash the files into the Recovery ROM's /system/ folder instead of your android ROM's system folder. Otherwise, you won't see the /system/etc/sysctl.conf file appear in the file system after installing the zip file.)
    4. Choose "install zip from sd card" -> "choose zip from sd card", then find the zip file.

* The /system/etc folder does not exist on the clockwork mod ROM's file system, but it does on other android ROMs. ADB shell exposes the clockwork mod /system/ folder to you unless you first mount the /system folder. So apparently, "Mount /system" means mount your phone's Android ROM's /system folder in the running Clockwork Mod unix file system.

This is highly unlikely, but if this somehow breaks your device I am in no way responsible... Just had to put that out there...

For ICS users you might need to use THIS method, or you can update your services.jar file HERE (compliments of Papa Smurf151 Thread).

Flashable Zips are below...
    So just flash, how would we undo? Just make a backup of the original file?

Thanks.

I'll make a undo .zip, just give me a minute...
    For those on ICS I have noticed the zip doesn't always stick. I just manually created a second file and pushed it to system/etc then set permissions then rebooted. That's when I finally noticed the vast improvement in speed. Only after a reboot did I get the increased speed.
    I was one of the doubters early on because every time I tried it, it wouldn't work and my speeds never improved. After adding the text manually though its all working perfect. Also don't forget the reboot.

Question: Why are the values in the flashable file different from what's posted in the OP?
    It was working :/ but now everytime I reboot it remounts to r/w and my speed is super slow

sent from my reloaded evo

Go into root explorer, and mount system as r/o, then go to a terminal app, and type

$su
    #fix_permissions

The "$" and "#" are the prompts, so don't type those. Once it gets done either type reboot, or reboot however you wish...

Sent using my Cyanogized Monster EVO via Tapatalk 2