FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][D.I.R.T] DirtyUnicorns 03/26/2013 [AODP][4.2.2][TD-EXCLUSIVE]

1,883 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,460

By evol4g, Senior Member on 27th March 2013, 07:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

About:

This ROM is based on the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP). This was original made out of pure boredom and for personal use. After sharing it with a few people, we decided to take it a step further and turn it into something special while still having fun.
The main goal of this ROM is to have the latest and greatest features all under one ROM. The team and I, do not take any credit for any of the work that's associated with this ROM. With all due respect to those that are originally responsible for the code used in this ROM, we have simply taken something that was good and in our opinion, made it a little better.

AGAIN, please remember that this is NOT only FREE but is meant to be fun! I've chosen to share this with you guys, if you don't like it.....move along! Fanboys, trolls or whatever....find something else to do!

Features:
  • Bubba Kernel 3.7b
  • Facebook Sync Hack
  • Expanded desktop
  • CM style battery
  • Axiom battery
  • Dotted circle battery
  • Notification icon opacity
  • PIE along with PIE Control
  • CM phone advanced settings
  • Dirt Settings (based off root-box)
  • Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
  • Expanded Sound Option
  • CM apps (apollo, dspmanager, filemanager, etc)
  • No reboot needed for UI changes
  • Circle battery color changer
  • Deskclock flip action alarm mod
  • Transparent lockscreen
  • Launcher settings tab
  • Snapblack and Jellyblack themes included
  • Customizable Quick Settings
  • Theme engine
  • Customizable power menu
  • Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
  • cLock clock Widget
  • DashClock Widget
  • Evervolv Widgets
  • CM Powerwidget
  • Paranoidandroid lockscreen shortcuts
  • Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
  • Much more
Not Working:
  • you tell me
How To Install:
  • Download ROM
  • Place ROM on SD card
  • Reboot into Recovery
  • Wipe system/data/dalvick cache/cache
  • Install "du-x.xx-ville.zip"
  • Install any jellybean 4.2.2 gapps on your sdcard
  • Install bubba kernel v-x.xx (or custom kernel)
  • Wipe cache once more
  • reboot
  • PROFIT!!

STOP!!!!!

If you download this ROM make sure you say "THANKS" and try to participate in the thread even if it's "this rom sucks because ____"
also please always perform a FULL wipe for each update UNLESS I STATE OTHERWISE, and I WILL state whether or not you can or cannot simply wipe cache or dalvik cache or not so don't ask a million times.. thank you

Changelog:
Code:
3/26/2013
  • Initial Release
Downloads:

All updates will be posted to www.teamdirt.me 24 hours prior to XDA so for the latest updates sign up for an account and join us

roms
gapps
  • Team DIRT
  • AOKPTeam
  • ProjectFNV
  • Xylon Team
  • CM Team
  • ParanoidAndroid
  • Mazda
  • JMZtaylor
  • MikeC84
  • rmbq
  • lloir
  • TheDawn2009
Source:

DirtyUnicorns rom source code
https://bitbucket.org/dirtyunicorns422

bubba kernel source
https://github.com/rmbq/ville_AOSP_10.1_kernel
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to evol4g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evol4g Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 07:41 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag chandler-gilbert 480!!!

Donate to Me
More
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. Will other languages be included?
    Yes, French, German, Italian, Finnish, Spanish, Russian, and a few others i'm forgetting off the top of my head will be added

2. What recovery should I use?
    I recommend TWRP, whichever update works the best on your device is for you to decide

3. Do I need S-OFF to flash this ROM?
    NO, you do NOT need S-OFF to flash this ROM

4. Why doesn't the "how to flash section" mention flashing boot.img
    Most hboots will allow you to simply just flash a kernel.zip after the ROM itself and will boot just fine. (if not, flash boot.img via fastboot)

5. What kernel should I use?
    I always recommend bubba kernel, I include the basic kernel (no OC, OV or anything else) feel free to flash whichever you like

6. Will there be nightlies?
    No, I don't have the system resources for this

7. Does this ROM have screen tearing like CM and other AOSP roms?
    According to reports from users on this ROM and all my others, NO, this ROM does NOT have screen tearing

8. Will you just up and leave like the other devs around here?
    No, if I leave I will give you guys plenty of notice..

9. How often will this be updated?
    Whenever I can get to it.. I have a life and I work a lot, and I'm still barely gettin by, so I'll update the most I can but no garuntees.

10. Do you accept donations?
    YES! All donations are appreciated

11. How do I donate?
    Under my user avatar there is a donate button

12. What will donations be used for?
    To save up for college and/or to save up for a better computer for builds which will result in more development and more updates
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to evol4g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evol4g Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 07:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 606

More
More ROMs? No complaints here :P Studying for midterms but downloaded and will test tomorrow and let you know how awesome it is. Thanks again for your work man.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_rick13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dr_rick13 Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 07:59 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_rick13

More ROMs? No complaints here :P Studying for midterms but downloaded and will test tomorrow and let you know how awesome it is. Thanks again for your work man.

np, ya'll are gonna love this... gives ya the best of aokp, cm, and other classics without having the same features in 10 different spots.. so you don't have to worry about features conflicting and such
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to evol4g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evol4g Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 08:15 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2,583

Donate to Me
More
Question... Why did you specified we should use 4.2.1 GAPPS? Are they more reliable? I've flashed in the past 4.2.2 GAPPS on other ROMS and I got no issues (including inverted ones). Personally I prefer inverted GAPPS so I'll look for such a package but I was wondering why you said about 4.2.1

Thanks for the ROM
27th March 2013, 08:35 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

Question... Why did you specified we should use 4.2.1 GAPPS? Are they more reliable? I've flashed in the past 4.2.2 GAPPS on other ROMS and I got no issues (including inverted ones). Personally I prefer inverted GAPPS so I'll look for such a package but I was wondering why you said about 4.2.1

Thanks for the ROM

typo.. doesn't really make a difference.. you could flash ics gapps if you wanted too.. wouldn't work the greatest but it would work..
27th March 2013, 08:49 AM |#7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida
Thanks Meter: 12,605

More
OH SNAP!!! I didn't know you got this out already! I fell asleep dude and woke up to a bunch of links going off over in the team chat HAHAHHAA

GUYS, I think you're going to LOVE this ROM! We got a few things that we wanna add in the upcoming days BUT for right now.....this is the perfect combination in our opinion of mods and speed!

ENJOY!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazda Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 08:53 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
oh to my international users.. this rom only has english and spanish right now, i'll add all the requested languages for the next update
The Following User Says Thank You to evol4g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evol4g Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 08:56 AM |#9  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida
Thanks Meter: 12,605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol4g

oh to my international users.. This rom only has english and spanish right now, i'll add all the requested languages for the next update

'merica?? Hahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazda Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 09:02 AM |#10  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2,308

More
Just flashed it! Thanks a bunch for sharing it looks sweet! Will report my experience in a bit...
27th March 2013, 09:06 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2,583

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][D.I.R.T] DirtyUnicorns 03/26/2013 [AODP][4.2.2][TD-EXCLUSIVE]
Since it has RootBox features and CM I suggest (if I may) to add the following:
- RootBox's "dark" switch
- CM's latest phone apk. That one has option to show "network event notifications" when you have an incoming diverted call for ex.

Sent from nowhere over the air...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapier Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)