Ditto Note 3 (N7105) 4.3/ 4.4.2 with Note 3 features

Search This thread

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
simple question.........................
OP says flash without wiping but some say they have flashed with wipe................which is the most stable way? i am flashing now without wipe using philz latest and will report. i know why people like aroma but the thing is just too moody. froze 1st during install and next time at the end. the old way never had these issues but offered less options. hope these aroma issues are resolved soon. its not just this device its on every device ive owned and currently own

shingers5

Update
I flashed with wipe in Philz recovery and installed via aroma with no wipe. All installed fine even reboot from recovery worked lol. Seems all good here no fc so far. Some lag with touch wiz and air flow features ain't brill. Others seem to work well

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: donylandes

donylandes

Jul 6, 2008
Mont de Marsan ( 40 )
Btw.. do we need to full wipe? I read from its thread full wipe is not recommended? ??
**confused**
I tot changing rom is always recommended to do full wipe?

Sent from the corner of this rounded earth (N7105 v4.3, powered by LionROM)

I've done a full wipe in recovery before flashing , as I do everytime to install a new rom ; it seems that the wipe in Aroma doesn't work ! :good:

Reactions: antique_sonic

leebag

Jul 10, 2008
Google Pixel 4 XL
Had all sorts of trouble with this rom. Coming from cyanogenmod 11. I am using philz recovery latest. This is what I've been doing to get somewhere
Clean up, then install rom and allow to boot get through to wifi set up reboot to recovery install devil2 kernel and installed the 240 dpi mod this then boots and I can set up. If I install devil tools and just change the headphone volume to 60 and reboot hangs on samsung logo. Or I install my usual apps reboot again hangs on samsung logo.
This seems to happen alot this hanging on the Samsung logo. Have tried a few things but Any help to get this stable would be great. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

overjoy71

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
Thanks. I will download and try. Because I need the new snote to sync with my note 3.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Btw which version of devil u use?

@antique_sonic, I am using devil-kernel 2.2.0 but I think 2.2.5 is out though I haven't tried it out yet.

Reactions: antique_sonic

pakman00

Jul 31, 2010
Hong Kong via Seattle
Thanks for the pointers everyone. Not sure what I did wrong the first time (suspect not wiping in recovery before hand) but now got DN3 installed, then devil kernel (2.0.1). So far everything is working smoothly but haven't tested everything. Althoug, for the life of me i couldn't get the DN3 v3.2 upgrade to install, even when I reinstalled the stock kernel and tried to manually do the update through recovery. Is there a direct download link for DN3 v3.2 update zip file?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

cYbOrG5

Jan 27, 2012
OTA updater is detecting 3.2 update..i am on Philz recovery, should I do OTA update???
under General->Storage, I only see the internal SDCARD, i cannot see the EXTERNAL sdcard)

Last edited:

leebag

Jul 10, 2008
Google Pixel 4 XL
Been having a think, Is the 4.3 boot loader that bad? Yes it has Knox but is that anything apart from a warranty scam? Should we just be installing an official rom to get the boot loader and then do a clean install of this rom?

overjoy71

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
OTA updater is detecting 3.2 update..i am on Philz recovery, should I do OTA update???
under General->Storage, I only see the internal SDCARD, i cannot see the EXTERNAL sdcard)

I have flashed it but apparently DN 3.2 has a clash with devil kernel. DN 3.1.1 should be sufficient.

You should able to see it in recovery, it has nothing to do with the rom.

Sent from XDA-powered N7105

S

sawdoctor

I have flashed it but apparently DN 3.2 has a clash with devil kernel. DN 3.1.1 should be sufficient.

You should able to see it in recovery, it has nothing to do with the rom.

Sent from XDA-powered N7105

You can flash the update but you have to flash it on stock kernel then boot up. After that you can boot to recovery and reflash devils kernel. The stock kernel is in the op

shingers5

Been having a think, Is the 4.3 boot loader that bad? Yes it has Knox but is that anything apart from a warranty scam? Should we just be installing an official rom to get the boot loader and then do a clean install of this rom?

i didnt hesitate as over here in the UK warranty will be out or even already up on most note 2. knox doesnt bother me as much as unstable roms do. to get the best most stable experience from this rom i recommend you be on stock 4.3 or flash stock 4.3 bootloader. this avoids reliance on a 3rd party kernel and most issues people seem to be having with this rom....................

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

well i can tell you not to do this as i did and now stuck in permanent bootloop.................recovery loop not rom loop so OTA app and philz dont play nicely...............these things seem to like TWRP better as seen by flashify and goomanager so if you wanna use OTA i recommend using TWRP

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Running on DN3 v.3.2 on devil 2.2.5b for 6 hrs.
No FC and no sudden reboot.
All is good. Has been following what sawdoctor said on his post. :)

Btw @sawdoctor : whuch bluetheme u r sayin good for this rom? :)

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 / Devil 2.2.5b

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Updated to devil 2.3.2 for 15 mins.
:)
According to dev, got fix for the gyroscope. Haven't tried yet.
Still playin with xpose. Hahha

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 / Devil 2.3.2

Last edited:

shingers5

was able to recover by just flashing twrp 2.6.3.7 tar from their website and reboot system..............will try again now but i am sure it will be successful as openscript recovery seems to be recovery of choice even from OP on original thread

S

sawdoctor

Running on DN3 v.3.2 on devil 2.2.5b for 6 hrs.
No FC and no sudden reboot.
All is good. Has been following what sawdoctor said on his post. :)

Btw @sawdoctor : whuch bluetheme u r sayin good for this rom? :)

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 / Devil 2.2.5b

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Updated to devil 2.3.2 for 15 mins.
:)
According to dev, got fix for the gyroscope. Haven't tried yet.
Still playin with xpose. Hahha

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 / Devil 2.3.2

The latest devil kernel fixs compass but you have to recalibrate it first, I used gps status toolbox from play store.
I used the dn1 theme from this thread but i think the universal one works too. Had to push the calculator manually though
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320560
If the dev has removed the old theme and you want to try it I'll put it in my Dropbox for you

nambinina

Nov 24, 2010
Antananarivo
about.me
Hi all.
Running DN3 v3.2 (3.1 OTA updated) now. It's pretty cool.
Before installing DN3, I had a stock rom 4.1.2. The the phone said me an update is available. So it upgraded to 4.3 (hong kong version).
So it installed the 4.3 bootloader with KNOX. Had not enough time to test it, but there was not the Note Stiff, so i Decided to look for a custom rom. DN3 was not in this thread so i took the Lion Rom and thought to install Note3 MOD. But after that, my battery was draining hard. Phone could not stand an entire day. So i finally found the DN3 and intsalled it above the DN3.
All is working well, no FC, GPS just a little bit unsharp (Madagascar).
My BIG PROBLEM is it's always draining battery like hell. Full charged at 9 AM, trying to use it as fair as possible to keep battery, but 8 PM its already 27% (Screen on for about 1 hour, 3g about 1 hour and wifi always on).
Do you think finding the good kernel should solve it?

Thanks.

S

sawdoctor

Hi all.
Running DN3 v3.2 (3.1 OTA updated) now. It's pretty cool.
Before installing DN3, I had a stock rom 4.1.2. The the phone said me an update is available. So it upgraded to 4.3 (hong kong version).
So it installed the 4.3 bootloader with KNOX. Had not enough time to test it, but there was not the Note Stiff, so i Decided to look for a custom rom. DN3 was not in this thread so i took the Lion Rom and thought to install Note3 MOD. But after that, my battery was draining hard. Phone could not stand an entire day. So i finally found the DN3 and intsalled it above the DN3.
All is working well, no FC, GPS just a little bit unsharp (Madagascar).
My BIG PROBLEM is it's always draining battery like hell. Full charged at 9 AM, trying to use it as fair as possible to keep battery, but 8 PM its already 27% (Screen on for about 1 hour, 3g about 1 hour and wifi always on).
Do you think finding the good kernel should solve it?

Thanks.

Have a look in advanced wifi settings and turn off scanning always available. That usually does the trick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody ,

I'm trying [ROM][STOCK][4.3] Ditto Note 3 on my GT-N7105 since a few days ( Thanks to Solohendo and Electron Team (E-Team) , and all is getting fine ; so take a look on this link :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541860

301386ditto1.png

545533ditto2.png

917333ditto3.png

189353ditto4.png

-Based on MK5 (N7105)
    -Deodexed
    -Note 3 features
    -Pure Stock look
    -Stock Kernel for N7105 (Selinux permissive)

UPDATE 09/01/2014 :
    trying this kernel, running well and smooth on Ditto Note 3 :
    Kernel from AGNi pureSTOCK N7105 (based on SAMSUNG OSRC JB Update 2 sources [MK9] ) Thanks to psndna88 :
    PSN_pureSTOCK-v3.6_N7105_4.3_OC-signed.zip ==>

UPDATE 29 june 2014 :
    DN3 v5+ FOR NOTE 2 N7105, ATT I317,
    Based on Android Kit Kat Samsung rom
    Pure stock look.
    Aroma Installation
    Rooted and Deodexed
    Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S5 features and apps

http://electron-team.com/ROM_NOTE2LTE/

All Credits to Team Electron's

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR DN3 v5 4.4.2

1) You need to have Samsung 4.3 Bootloader or newer. MJ4 firmware Bootloader is recommended for those who wish to avoid knox counter.
    Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to charge your phone while turned off.
    ( You can flash this rom if your still on the 4.1.2 bootloader. But your going to have to flash Agni Kernel for Wi-Fi to function correcty. If by any chance after flashing the Rom and its stuck at the Samsung ;Reboot back into recovery and flash the rom again on top of what you just done without wiping anything, then the Rom should boot up with no problems. )
    2) Make sure you have the latest TWRP/CWM recovery installed. TWRP recovery is recommended.
    ( If flashing with Twrp and after wiping your complete system (including internal). When you try to flash the Rom and you get a Failed!! Then reboot recovery which will tell you no Os installed. Swipe to reboot the recovery, then it going to ask if you want to flash Root. Just hit DO NOT INSTALL and the phone will reboot. Then find your Rom on your external Sd card. Flash the Rom let aroma finish and enjoy )
    3) Next, remember to backup your app and your efs folder. That's something that you always should do before flashing anything
    4) Go to TWRP/CWM recovery via pressing home + power + volume up button at the same time.
    5) Make a nandroid backup if you haven't done so.
    6) Use the "Clean to install a new rom" option in Wipe Data and system.(clean installation recommended)
    7) (Reminder) Remember that everything you flash you do it at your own risk so do your research before flashing anyhting.
    8) Now go to choose to install the rom zip file. If you using Philz recovery, make sure to untick "Don't Allow Old update-binary" if this option is avalaible.
    9) Flash the rom. It should take less than 10 minutes till it boots.
    10) Enjoy the ROM

PS: Please read :
    IF U HAVE WIFI PROBLEM GO TO DR KETAN"S THREAD AND FLASH WIFI FIX . BOTH FILES.
    Or you can also flash the Agni Kernel for all devices for working Wi-Fi...

174905Screenshot20140530230029.png

307823Screenshot20140529163257.png

621460Screenshot20140529163347.png

531128Screenshot20140529163306.png

137326Screenshot20140529163404.png
    THE NEW THEME FOR DITO ROOM BY ME WORK PERFECT

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591217
    236376Screenshot20131230181756.png

IF MY THEME IS BEATIFUL CLICK THANKS
    ????is this a rom post or just a few pics? i

Hi everybody ,

I'm trying [ROM][STOCK][4.3] Ditto Note 3 on my GT-N7105 since a few days ( Thanks to Solohendo and Electron Team (E-Team) , and all is getting fine ; so I post the link there :

301386ditto1.png

545533ditto2.png

917333ditto3.png

189353ditto4.png

-Based on MK5 (N7105)
    -Deodexed
    -Note 3 features
    -Pure Stock look
    -Stock Kernel for N7105 (Selinux permissive)
    The first BETA DN3 Kit Kat ROM for N7105 will be released probably later today and will be for download tomorrow ...:good:

Thanks to E-Team ( Banja, Sawdoctor and Ez )
    4.4.2 official (nordic)firmware has been released for N7105 !!

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app