FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Car kit?

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By solo21hd2, Member on 29th November 2010, 04:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone found a good car kit holder for the Mozart? A couple of sites link to the Desire ones, but you can't see which ones cater for the power slot being on the side.

Any recommendations?

2nd December 2010, 01:05 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo21hd2

Has anyone found a good car kit holder for the Mozart? A couple of sites link to the Desire ones, but you can't see which ones cater for the power slot being on the side.

Any recommendations?

DSL Developments - Brodit In-car holders for Mozart

The Brodit holders are about the best for HTC. You buy them in two parts. The active holder and then the bracket that fits your car.
2nd December 2010, 10:02 PM |#3  
Flag Paris

More
Thumbs down
More expensive than the phone without landscape capacity?
6th December 2010, 07:14 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Indeed - the lack of landscape could be a killer...it has 'tilt and swivel', but I assume this is just on the x/y axis and not full 90 degree rotation?
7th December 2010, 10:50 PM |#5  
Flag Paris

More
The HAMA ref. 92429 (hama.de) suits really well to the HTC 7 Mozart, it appears to be designed for it.

Even though the 7 Mozart is just 1 or 2 mm too long, it's perfectly maintained in both portrait and landscape orientations as it seems as large as an Iphone 3GS. And this Gps car holder is pretty nice, i luv the ice design

PS : The product data sheet on Hama website is not up to date, the model I just got is more stylish and bit more round on sides

I assume that 40 € is expensive but as I needed a good holder, to me it's woth it.
2nd January 2011, 03:00 AM |#6  

More
Arno. Do you think the HAMA 'Ice' would allow for a Soft Gel Case Cover? Or is the fit already tight?
4th January 2011, 09:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo21hd2

Indeed - the lack of landscape could be a killer...it has 'tilt and swivel', but I assume this is just on the x/y axis and not full 90 degree rotation?

nope you can rotate 360 degree linear but not 3 d, simple term once phone is put in holder you can rotate to see landscape..
8th January 2011, 02:17 PM |#8  
Flag Paris

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohacka

Arno. Do you think the HAMA 'Ice' would allow for a Soft Gel Case Cover? Or is the fit already tight?

No, it's really sticky with the Mozart body ,so it won't fit to a Gel Case covered Mozart ans that's the reason why I don't use the one I just bought on Ebay

(the other reason is that it agglomerates dust)
9th January 2011, 02:41 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idonxda

nope you can rotate 360 degree linear but not 3 d, simple term once phone is put in holder you can rotate to see landscape..

Slightly confused by this - can you rotate the phone 90 degrees and have it sit permanently in landscape? If a sat-nav app comes out that's pretty much a requirement....
25th January 2011, 12:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Or try one of these by Herbert Richter at Holders and Mounts. It does have full 360 degrees swivel.
27th January 2011, 03:41 PM |#11  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinn

The Brodit holders are about the best for HTC. You buy them in two parts. The active holder and then the bracket that fits your car.

I always wondered whether these plastic things without soft cushions would scratch the phone's body or not. They look somewhat resale-value-dropping.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)